Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G7: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I would LOVE to be able to attend those meetings Cajunsmike, if I lived nearby. It's one of those many nice things you get to do as a Cajuns fan in the Lafayette area.
    Agree. Missed out on those type things when I lived in New Orleans. That is why I share some non confidential things at times. Helps you guys who live out of area to understand more about program. Granted it is understood what is shared has to be limited in order to be fair to paying members and staff members who need to trust us in to be wise in order to keep giving private info. Now they are generally not telling us things that are double naught spy secret but some things the press will not hear. Same goes for basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    AMEN! Someone tell Napier to get his lazy ___ over to the QB Mart and pick us up the best damn QB on the shelf. It’s so easy. All he has to do is just get in his car and drive there!

Geez...
    No, he has to convince a young man to play for the Cajuns, just like any other position. It's his job and he is getting paid very well to do it. Don't make it sound like it's impossible to do at our level. Many FCS teams find QB's that can throw.

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And I’d say any potential recruit would be thrilled with levi’s development
    A recruit won't see the improvement, only the final results.

Recruits will take note of next level entrants.

Reputations are not built on one.

But you are right if the time was there to somehow convey the message of zero to hero ... "potential recruit(s) would be thrilled."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A recruit won't see the improvement, only the final results.

Recruits will take note of next level entrants.

Reputations are not built on one.

But you are right if the time was there to somehow convey the message of zero to hero ... "potential recruit(s) would be thrilled."
    I think guys who actually play the game on the field and trying to play at the next level see things differently than drunk old guys sitting in the stands. Also think it helps that Napier doesn’t run him to death and wants him to be a QB. I think we should run him more but not make him a running QB, As far as future recruiting is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think guys who actually play the game on the field and trying to play at the next level see things differently than drunk old guys sitting in the stands. Also think it helps that Napier doesn’t run him to death and wants him to be a QB. I think we should run him more but not make him a running QB, As far as future recruiting is concerned.
    I believe Lewis should pull the RPO and take it around the edge 3-5 times a game. That’s it, no more than that, just enough to keep the backside of the defense honest and open up more cut back opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I believe Lewis should pull the RPO and take it around the edge 3-5 times a game. That’s it, no more than that, just enough to keep the backside of the defense honest and open up more cut back opportunities.
    Can I see your credentials sir? Apparently you need coaching experience to give an opinion on a college fan board, or people go bat ____ crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Awesome stat. I was totally oblivious to that momentum stat.

ps "winner" status comes at the end of the second half ... Just sayin
    His play at the end of the first half has put us to the point where he hasn't had to do it in the second half.

He would have gotten that chance against App had we not allowed a 19 play eleven minute drive.

We haven't needed him to do it otherwise.

Agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    No, he has to convince a young man to play for the Cajuns, just like any other position. It's his job and he is getting paid very well to do it. Don't make it sound like it's impossible to do at our level. Many FCS teams find QB's that can throw.
    Hell. I never realized that. Thanks for the info.

Maybe send Billy an email in case he’s not aware or may have forgotten.

I believe Lewis should pull the RPO and take it around the edge 3-5 times a game...
    You know who does that? The App QB.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    His play at the end of the first half has put us to the point where he hasn't had to do it in the second half.

He would have gotten that chance against App had we not allowed a 19 play eleven minute drive.

We haven't needed him to do it otherwise.
    I'm not sure I understand your point here. Yes, he lead us to scoring drives right before the halves of both game. But we also were unable to do much offensively in the third quarters of both games afterwards. We were completely shut down against App State in the third quarter and going into the fourth quarter last night we had a total of 45 yards in the second half. And that was after adjustments made in the second quarter by the staff.

Look, I think it's hard to tell how much of the struggles at times to execute are at the QB position and how much falls on the OL, WR, RB or TE. None of us are at practice daily or sitting in the position rooms daily with the coaches. I think all you have stated is correct in that this team has confidence in him as the leader of the offense and play hard for him. We've all witnessed the improvement in his execution and decision making, regardless of those that deny it. The one concern going forward remains, can he stretch the field against better defenses enough to keep them from stacking the box? In order for UL to defeat App St., the staff will have to find a way to get it done with Levi. Grant it, this team is a lot closer to defeating them than any other team we've had since they joined the SBC.

Two reasons to be happy today, we beat Ark. State by 17 points last night and UL controls it's own destiny. Their goals are still attainable at this time.

As has been the case in many games this year, Levi finished stronger than he started. I wish he had gotten the opportunity to see what he could do in the App game with the game on the line at the end. Hopefully he will get that chance In December.

You are welcome. You write like you don't.

Just a note on sarcasm. It only works when what you are being sarcastic about (the opposite) is known and obvious otherwise you just sound like an ___. "Billy" has not started a QB that he has recruited yet. We have no idea how well he can at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point here. Yes, he lead us to scoring drives right before the halves of both game. But we also were unable to do much offensively in the third quarters of both games afterwards. We were completely shut down against App State in the third quarter and going into the fourth quarter last night we had a total of 45 yards in the second half. And that was after adjustments made in the second quarter by the staff.

Look, I think it's hard to tell how much of the struggles at times to execute are at the QB position and how much falls on the OL, WR, RB or TE. None of us are at practice daily or sitting in the position rooms daily with the coaches. I think all you have stated is correct in that this team has confidence in him as the leader of the offense and play hard for him. We've all witnessed the improvement in his execution and decision making, regardless of those that deny it. The one concern going forward remains, can he stretch the field against better defenses enough to keep them from stacking the box? In order for UL to defeat App St., the staff will have to find a way to get it done with Levi. Grant it, this team is a lot closer to defeating them than any other team we've had since they joined the SBC.

Two reasons to be happy today, we beat Ark. State by 17 points last night and UL controls it's own destiny. Their goals are still attainable at this time.
    “ can he stretch the field against better defenses”??? It’s not his job to stretch the field, it’s the receivers job. Last night, 3rd and 7. I couldn’t see the routes run, but Levi quickly decided no one was open so he tucked it and ran. Better secondary’s might over match our receivers. So is Levi supposed to fit it in the mailbox are not take the chance.

I bet he could average 300 yards a game with 12 TDs and 12 ints if he and coach wanted him too. He’s managing the game on purpose.

He’s the best QB we’ve had since Blaine in my opinion, and not 2nd by much. He can make the 20-25 yard throw across the middle to Bam. It’s my favorite pass play. But if the D isn’t giving the middle then it’s outs and 50/50 balls. That’s obviously the game plan.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread Information