Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48

Thread: 2019 FB G7: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Nobody comes here to state LL is the next Cajun great QB. We do have several people who routinely come here and say he is garbage. In the case of this week those people may have been over served during the game which clouded their judgement. In your case the critique of LL play is spot on although I think it is a little harsh since there are not even 40 college QBs who are capable of making all the throws. In today’s football, turnovers are avoided at all cost. Look at the stats for Jake and other “great” QBs in the 80’s and 90’s. They would be viewed as turnover machines in today’s game. Plays that stretch the field are becoming more and more rare today as coaches control every aspect of the game. Most coaches now want game breakers on the edge who turn a 5 yard play into a 30+ yard play. Unfortunately, we don’t have a WR group who can do that.
    YAC on.

2. UL Football Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Nobody comes here to state LL is the next Cajun great QB. We do have several people who routinely come here and say he is garbage. In the case of this week those people may have been over served during the game which clouded their judgement. In your case the critique of LL play is spot on although I think it is a little harsh since there are not even 40 college QBs who are capable of making all the throws. In today's football, turnovers are avoided at all cost. Look at the stats for Jake and other "great" QBs in the 80's and 90's. They would be viewed as turnover machines in today's game. Plays that stretch the field are becoming more and more rare today as coaches control every aspect of the game. Most coaches now want game breakers on the edge who turn a 5 yard play into a 30+ yard play. Unfortunately, we don't have a WR group who can do that.
    In a vacuum there's several SBC QB who pass better than LL most seasons. So we're not talking NFL good or elite P5 good. Observing his limitations doesn't mean that the poster is calling him garbage, that's your nego hyperbole views.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    In a vacuum there's several SBC QB who pass better than LL most seasons. So we're not talking NFL good or elite P5 good. Observing his limitations doesn't mean that the poster is calling him garbage, that's your nego hyperbole views.
    . There is one poster here who comes close to calling him garbage, wants him replaced. Most others do point out his strengths AND improvement needs. That is a fair approach. Other than the individual referred to earlier, I don’t think anyone else is calling for him to be benched.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    . There is one poster here who comes close to calling him garbage, wants him replaced. Most others do point out his strengths AND improvement needs. That is a fair approach. Other than the individual referred to earlier, I don’t think anyone else is calling for him to be benched.
    +1 let's not get over dramatic.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    In 1973, I was in Tulane Stadium in New Orleans the night his Greenies beat LSU 14 to 0 to snap a 25 year losing streak. Steve Foley was the QB.
    ....I was on the sidelines their first game the next year as they stole a game from the Cajuns....Foley on completion past los and terrible interference call against Happy Hariston

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48

Thread Information