Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G7: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    You would be surprised at some of the QB's that were passed on by our previous coaching staff. One of them is starting in the NFL now. And another one is starting for an SEC team.
    Who are we talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I would not be amazed. If Tua or Joe B was at UL we would be tearing it up. We would also have a more dynamic passing game if we had signed LA products Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson out of HS. None of these things fit the reality we live in. It is the staffs job to look past the flaws of the QBs and WR we have a chance to get and then project them into our system. The jury is still out but I think this staff is up for the challenge.
    It's the staffs job to find, recruit, teach, nurture, and implement an offense that can operate a passing attack, which includes the QB. Yes, the jury is still out, I'm still hopeful at this point, but I would like to see progress that we are headed in that direction. We loaded up on new QB's this offseason, but we have no way of knowing if any of them can fill that role, they don't get to playyet.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So why don’t you go do it? How many other schools passed on those same guys? Care to bring up the others that were passed on they never amounted to ___? If it were easy everybody could do it. Having the benefit of hindsight is easy thing to use to criticize people. Everybody in the nfl passed on Tom
    Brady including the patriots 6 times. Recruiting us trying to project what a 16-17 year old will be when he is 20-21. It’s not a science and it isn’t easy
    Relax. All I am saying is that we have had opportunities for QB's to make visits (some of them wanted to), and the stubbornness is what caused them not to. Meanwhile, we had a QB rotation that would make an actual merry-go-round jealous.

Who are we talking about here?
    Considering he's from Mississippi, Minshew mania?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Considering he's from Mississippi, Minshew mania?
    Oh my. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Geezus you are one miserable mofo
    What I’m thinking reading this thread. Can’t imagine watching games with some of these posters.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lewis only aided ark st he was awful tonight like most nights
    Talked to a former cajun player/coach this morning. Other than the pick he thought Lewis played well. Shows people with knowledge can still disagree.

Let's take a look at something none of you have brought out.

With exception of Texas Southern.

In EVERY full possession at the end of the first half in EVERY game, the Cajuns have come away with points. In all but the Mississippi State game, the Cajuns had the final possession of the half.

During those possessions, Levi Lewis has been 18-24 for 173 yards.

Miss St-Touchdown
    Liberty-Touchdown
    Ohio-FG
    Georgia Southern FG
    App State -TD
    Ark St. FG

Not a single person on this board has made this observation, probably because you were discussing how Levi isn't good enough.

EVERY TIME we have needed points toward the end of the half, he's led us to points.

The kid is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    You would be amazed at what a highly potent passing attack (not just QB) could do against better overall talent. To simplify, we can beat a lot of mid to lower level FBS teams with what we have, but to beat good teams consistently, we need a passing QB. I like last nights win, it's great and enjoyable, but I do want more for this program, and that's my whole emphasis when writing about the need to start preparing now with a passing QB for our future.
    AMEN! Someone tell Napier to get his lazy ___ over to the QB Mart and pick us up the best damn QB on the shelf. It’s so easy. All he has to do is just get in his car and drive there!

Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Talked to a former cajun player/coach this morning. Other than the pick he thought Lewis played well. Shows people with knowledge can still disagree.
    Impressive win. Hasn’t happened in Arky often. Real good production from every position and we still have room for improvement in every position. Not too used to this. But I like it.

There are very few QBs in our recruiting footprint who can run and pass effectively.
    There are very few QBs in the entire country who can do both effectively, but where is it written in stone that we have to have a QB who can run?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Relax. All I am saying is that we have had opportunities for QB's to make visits (some of them wanted to), and the stubbornness is what caused them not to. Meanwhile, we had a QB rotation that would make an actual merry-go-round jealous.
    The previous staff though right? The guy that got fired? What she’s that have to do with Napier?

Next ya'll are going to try and tell me the only reason we got Jake was because Tulane didn't want him?

Or we only offered Brandon Stokely cause his dad was the coach?

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 37, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    AMEN! Someone tell Napier to get his lazy ___ over to the QB Mart and pick us up the best damn QB on the shelf. It's so easy. All he has to do is just get in his car and drive there!

Geez.
    Robe gave a similar response in reverse a couple of years ago when he was questioned about what he was going to do about either hitters or pitchers after a bad stretch of games. He said something like this:

What do you want me to do, go over to the Wal-mart and stock up on hitters!!!!!

It just don't work that way!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Levi is a good man, and a good QB for us right now. I don't think that most people here would disagree with this, but there is a great deal of frustration within the fanbase.

I think a lot of this stems from just how unbelievable our running game is and how vastly improved our defense is. We are a legit passing QB away from having an Access Bowl level team. That is the truth and the source of the frustration.

Ragas and Mitchell will be Seniors next year. If we don't have that legit passer next season, that would be mission failure by Napier because this is what it will take to make the next level.
    I think expectations for next year will be through the roof. In addition to Ragas and Mitchell, correct me if I am wrong, we only had 1 senior on the OL last night.

I would think with the crop of QB's we recruited there must be one who will step forward.

Now this year LL is doing exactly what Napier is asking. I get frustrated that Napier is asking too much Just run the damn ball

But this Cajun fan is ecstatic with the state of the program right now. We competed and had a chance to win against a mid-level SEC team Before the antagonists come yelling that I am too accepting, I would point to where we were two seasons ago. yes competing is OK with me this year. I expect to win those next year. Some coaching errors or head scratchers kept us from beating APP State. Growing pains. Yes I am accepting those this year And I believe we will get another shot at those mountain boys later in the year.

Web board debate is fine. Some want to emulate the tigggerrr fans in a win at all cost RIGHT NOW or be gone type of attitude. I just smile.

GREAT. not just good. times are ahead with this staff.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . LastLast

Thread Information