Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G6: Louisiana 7, App. State 17

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

To be the man you gotta beat the man.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    At least most of you guys are not Dodgers fans also like I am. They give new meaning to the word choke.
    Talk about a rough night.

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Talk about a rough night.
    ......A tale of 2 passes....one for the Cajuns with defender holding and not turning for the ball and no interference ...the other the Cajuns defending and back turns and goes for the ball....2 refs in close area make no call——one by the App bench makes call very late softer calls from the App sideline

I just wanted to say great game. I know you guys are upset and for some reason some of you think you are elite to us but we have done a great job of collecting speed. Coaching is part of the game. Our defense was the best they have been all year. Our DC is finally getting it and we have high expectations.

I think you guys have the best stable of backs in the league but Evans is a heck of one. Your OL is definitely bigger but our lines are faster and more athletic. We have gone after speed over size up front and at the G5 level that is the better approach. If we were in a P5 league then you need both but luckily in the SBC we are able to win with just having superior speed.

I don't get why some of you seem to hate us but if we had lost I would congratulate you. Right now we are lucky to be the best team in the league. I can assure you nobody at the SBC is trying to ensure we go to a NY6 Bowl. We could go 13-0 and still not be guaranteed to because of Boise State and the AAC champ. I think the refs just let the lineman play for the most part on both sides. You guys had a PI that was not called that should have been. We had one on our side as well. It happens.

We were able to wear you down late with our depth. I feel like right now you guys are better in a couple areas than us but we are faster overall and definitely deeper. Napier will get you there. He is a good coach and I don't get why some of you seem to think he is not.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope to see you guys in Boone again. I know we have dominated this rivalry lately but I know a program like you guys could turn the tables on us. I'm just glad that ESPN does not settle games and we get to do it on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    If I could ask 3 questions of Coach Napier, they would be
    1). With the running game being ULs strong point and passing game yet to materialize, why did you not utilize your RBs more
    2) along the same lines what did you see tonight that convinced you on 2nd and goal from the 1 to throw a pass vs running the ball?
    3). Are defensive ends coached to contain everything inside vs heading to the middle every play, thus getting faked and out of position?
    I think Napier tried to but we did a good job of penetrating and closing gaps. I know we game planned heavy for the run and decided we would make your QB win the game with his arm.

Look at all the dropped passes you had. You have to catch the ball when it hits your hands and I saw at least 3 or 4 drops by your receivers.

Remember this, our playbook is not even halfway open. We have yet to feed the tight ends a lot, done very few trick plays, and we did not feed the ball to Corey Sutton. We feel like Sutton, just like your top 2 RBs, is an elite skill player who will play on Sundays. As good as I felt our coaching was we still were conservative in many ways. I'm pretty sure both teams will open it up a lot more and make adjustments if there is a rematch.

I feel like we were able to hold your star RBs in check better than they did. You guys held Evans in check a little for us. He usually has some long breakout runs but did not tonight. If you would have told us before the game that you would hold Evans under 80 yards I would have said we lose.

Serious question to you guys. We beat you by 10 just like Miss State. From what you saw Miss State do to you where do you think we stack up? Would you pull for us or expect us to beat them? Do you think it would be close?

Quote Originally Posted by AppStFan View Post
    I think Napier tried to but we did a good job of penetrating and closing gaps. I know we game planned heavy for the run and decided we would make your QB win the game with his arm.

Look at all the dropped passes you had. You have to catch the ball when it hits your hands and I saw at least 3 or 4 drops by your receivers.

Remember this, our playbook is not even halfway open. We have yet to feed the tight ends a lot, done very few trick plays, and we did not feed the ball to Corey Sutton. We feel like Sutton, just like your top 2 RBs, is an elite skill player who will play on Sundays. As good as I felt our coaching was we still were conservative in many ways. I'm pretty sure both teams will open it up a lot more and make adjustments if there is a rematch.

I feel like we were able to hold your star RBs in check better than they did. You guys held Evans in check a little for us. He usually has some long breakout runs but did not tonight. If you would have told us before the game that you would hold Evans under 80 yards I would have said we lose.

Serious question to you guys. We beat you by 10 just like Miss State. From what you saw Miss State do to you where do you think we stack up? Would you pull for us or expect us to beat them? Do you think it would be close?
    You guys beat miss state in my opinion. We could have won that game much like this one and should have if not for dumb mistakes and the intangible that we have not figured out yet that you guys have, which is to stand tall with the big boys and beat them.

This was a frustrating game. Just a few of my thoughts.
    The tone was set on the first offensive play, Lewis takes a 12 yard sack instead of throwing the ball away. Several times during the game, it happened again. Levi holds the ball too long and hesitates too much in making his decision. Same old song, until Coach Napier does something about it and begins preparing another QB for the future.
    Speaking of Napier, he tried to be too cute, and not stick with the plays that made this offense go in the first place. We never got in a rhythm in the run game to set up the pass. It felt out of sync.
    The defense played lights out, again, the best I've ever seen as a Ragin Cajun and I've been around a while. Except, when we really needed a stop to give the offense another shot to win the game, on Apps last drive.
    Disappointed that Dr. Maggard left a lot of people upset with the concessions after his huge push on attendance and yet not being prepared for it.

Depth wise, we are pretty good except QB and K. How could Napier think we are ok going into the season without competition at these important positions.

Offensive coordinator really screwed up trying to make LL something he is not. I feel LL plays best when we set up the pass through running the ball. Trying to throw from the one yard line when you have men for backs still cant understand. LL could not decide when to run or throw the ball away cost us. what else can be said about our kicking game. Hats off to the defense played a heck of a game. I understand you were gassed at the end but three and out by the offense will do that. I still cant understand if we have five new quarterbacks on the roster why is LL still the man. We will die with Levi. Ok on to ark state game.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    If I hear one more casual fan say "This is why I don't watch USL" I'M GOING OFF
    100% agree with you in that context.

But if they say "we really USL'ed it tonight", I really can't argue. Big build up and lay an egg.

I just wanted to say great game. I know you guys are upset and for some reason some of you think you are elite to us but we have done a great job of collecting speed. Coaching is part of the game. Our defense was the best they have been all year. Our DC is finally getting it and we have high expectations.

I think you guys have the best stable of backs in the league but Evans is a heck of one. Your OL is definitely bigger but our lines are faster and more athletic. We have gone after speed over size up front and at the G5 level that is the better approach. If we were in a P5 league then you need both but luckily in the SBC we are able to win with just having superior speed.

I don't get why some of you seem to hate us but if we had lost I would congratulate you. Right now we are lucky to be the best team in the league. I can assure you nobody at the SBC is trying to ensure we go to a NY6 Bowl. We could go 13-0 and still not be guaranteed to because of Boise State and the AAC champ. I think the refs just let the lineman play for the most part on both sides. You guys had a PI that was not called that should have been. We had one on our side as well. It happens.

We were able to wear you down late with our depth. I feel like right now you guys are better in a couple areas than us but we are faster overall and definitely deeper. Napier will get you there. He is a good coach and I don't get why some of you seem to think he is not.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope to see you guys in Boone again. I know we have dominated this rivalry lately but I know a program like you guys could turn the tables on us. I'm just glad that ESPN does not settle games and we get to do it on the field.
    Nice post. You guys remain the Gold Standard in our league but I feel we are closing the gap. I’m not going to talk officials. With rare exceptions (think Saints Rams) calls even out. I think we will have another shot at you in a few weeks. Let’s see what happens. Congratulations on the win

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Nice post. You guys remain the Gold Standard in our league but I feel we are closing the gap. I’m not going to talk officials. With rare exceptions (think Saints Rams) calls even out. I think we will have another shot at you in a few weeks. Let’s see what happens. Congratulations on the win
    Officials were fine. We didn't deserve to win. Plain and Simple.

officials sucked, every time appy needed a play the refs gave It to tem and then gave them two 1sts in the final drive and ignored all of the thuggish plays and holding all night, pathetic that people get paid for sub par work and biased calling

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Thanks.

No hate, mad respect, coupled with disappointment.

This was a really well matched game. Not being able to score near the goalline in the first half was huge. Really set the tone for the rest of the game for their defense. Should have been up 14-7 at the half.

Too many of our drives stalled around the 50, our punter made things a bit easier on our defense. App States final drive was just a killer. Gotta give them props for that, but would have liked a no call on that PI that ultimately led to their game closing td, but we had our chances and did not come thru last night.

Real frustrating in that the game was there for us and we couldn’t get it done. Frustrating on a fan enthusiasm level for all we have built. Hoping people keep supporting this team because they are damn good. At the end of the day this was a tough regular season loss and hopefully a learned lesson for our staff. Better days ahead for this talented team!

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Alum, sorry I couldn't catch up with you guys. It was a last minute effort for me. Hope you enjoyed your time with Brian and the boys. Good guys. I will make it a point to visit (if I'm allowed haha) with you up in Boone for the SBC champ game.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information