Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G6: Louisiana 7, App. State 17

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    What game were you watching?

Went for it on 4th and goal from the 2.

Went for it on another 4th down and tried a double reverse.

Levi had 24 pass attempts which is 20 too many according to a lot of folks on here.

There is no way Napier played it conservative. It was either an awful offensive game plan, poor execution or more likely a combo of the two.
    I literally said we didn’t play it safe, which usually loses games. We made the right decisions, but made unbelievably questionable calls. That’s what I meant by that

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Sooooo let’s talk about perspective. Yes, tonight sucked. But win next week and we are not only in control of our destiny but we are also not going to go 0-for-forever against App State. If I could choose between winning the Championship and losing tonight... guess which one I’d choose. Win out, control your destiny, support our guys. Am I drinking the Kool-Aid? Maybe. Am I trusting the process... 100%. Our goals are bigger than one game tonight. Just sayin’...
    I would be more confident and agree with you had I not seen what I witnessed tonight. Yes, we left 10 points on the field tonight but the Billy Napier's play calling was the worst I've seen from him since he became HC. We score at the end of the 1st half and I thought he would make adjustments, but he got taken to the woodshed in the second half. Clearly out schemed, with a total of 60 yards in the second half? Here's what we know going forward after tonight. 1) We are not good enough to win the conference right now. 2) Billy Napier is not the best coach right now in this conference. 3) We have no FG kicker on the roster. 4) Our QB is not good enough to win this conference either.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Next week's game is NOT more important!

UL does not need another ho-hum new Orleans bowl appearance

A 1 loss season was an absolute possibility.. which would do wonders for this program. And we ____ the bed
    The New Orleans bowl is best option because it means that we win the conference title game. The winner of that automatically goes there

I know we left a lot of points on the field but the refs absolutely didn't call a fair game tonight. I was impressed by our defense and this game shows that we are capable of beating App State and they're not really better than us.
    That said, we really need to win these games because losses like these are the reason this fan base is so small and dwindling. You can't ask people to come to the game and put in offensive performances like this. Hopefully we get it together and earn a rematch for the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I would be more confident and agree with you had I not seen what I witnessed tonight. Yes, we left 10 points on the field tonight but the Billy Napier's play calling was the worst I've seen from him since he became HC. We score at the end of the 1st half and I thought he would make adjustments, but he got taken to the woodshed in the second half. Clearly out schemed, with a total of 60 yards in the second half? Here's what we know going forward after tonight. 1) We are not good enough to win the conference right now. 2) Billy Napier is not the best coach right now in this conference. 3) We have no FG kicker on the roster. 4) Our QB is not good enough to win this conference either.
    Agree. Naps is still learning,finding a Field goal kicker would equal winning lottery, and Lewis is patch work until others learn the system. App St is not that much more talented than us. Thomas was the difference in the game . He knew when to run, he could pass down field, and had confidence.

If I hear one more casual fan say "This is why I don't watch USL" I'M GOING OFF

No I know how Buford Pusser felt when he thought he had all the moonshiners busted. Congratulations Hillbillys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun56 View Post
    This game was a matchup against to evenly mached teams. App just controlled the 4th quater way to good and had 2 big stops at 4th and goal (was a td btw) and a bloacked fg that was clutch. They really arnt better than us. Maybe only thing they have a upgrade in is qb
    Got home and I had recorded the game. CONFIRMED...NOT A TOUCHDOWN BY REPLAY. In fact, first defensive contact was behind the LOS.

Bright side, Napier will be back next year.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    If I hear one more casual fan say "This is why I don't watch USL" I'M GOING OFF
    I don’t think we’re in any position to run off casual fans but if it makes you feell better then knock yourself out

We had our chances tonight. The coaches and players will gag watching the film. Despite the offense 2nd half struggles I'm proud of our defense keeping us in the game. Now we need the offense to return with a vengeance against Ark St.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Right. It’s frustrating. People show up and we don’t do well. App is top 25 team and we had several chances to take the lead. I hate being 0-7 against them.

The team and the coaching staff are fallible. They didn’t call a good game. Review the film, move on. If people abandon the program because of this? Good riddance.
    Oh don’t worry we will be right back to the originally 12k people that support no matter what. I just don’t wanna hear about the lack of support anymore. App is a conference mate, not f’n Alabama..they are our peers and own our f’n ___..changed staffs and continue to own our ___. Also the concessions were f’n terrible, missed almost the entire 2nd quarter waiting for 2 waters..couldn’t even keep up bc there is no service. This university will never get the ____ out of its own way. Its a complete f’n joke.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Oh don’t worry we will be right back to the originally 12k people that support no matter what. I just don’t wanna hear about the lack of support anymore. App is a conference mate, not f’n Alabama..they are our peers and own our f’n ___..changed staffs and continue to own our ___. Also the concessions were f’n terrible, missed almost the entire 2nd quarter waiting for 2 waters..couldn’t even keep up bc there is no service. This university will never get the ____ out of its own way. Its a complete f’n joke.
    Swaaaaaaalaaaaaa

If I could ask 3 questions of Coach Napier, they would be
    1). With the running game being ULs strong point and passing game yet to materialize, why did you not utilize your RBs more
    2) along the same lines what did you see tonight that convinced you on 2nd and goal from the 1 to throw a pass vs running the ball?
    3). Are defensive ends coached to contain everything inside vs heading to the middle every play, thus getting faked and out of position?

At least most of you guys are not Dodgers fans also like I am. They give new meaning to the word choke.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    If I could ask 3 questions of Coach Napier, they would be
    1). With the running game being ULs strong point and passing game yet to materialize, why did you not utilize your RBs more
    2) along the same lines what did you see tonight that convinced you on 2nd and goal from the 1 to throw a pass vs running the ball?
    3). Are defensive ends coached to contain everything inside vs heading to the middle every play, thus getting faked and out of position?
    The first thought is what irks me most. Their D line was faster than our O line. But i figured we would run right at them and wear them down like wisconsin does on offense and take control in 4th Qtr. THe play calling was utterly baffling tonight. Our deficiency at Field goal kicker, and Qb will be exposed further. We can expect to see stacked lines rest of the season now. I am amazed it took until tonight.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information