Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30

Thread: 2019 FB G6: Louisiana 7, App. State 17

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by AppStFan View Post
    I think Napier tried to but we did a good job of penetrating and closing gaps. I know we game planned heavy for the run and decided we would make your QB win the game with his arm.

Look at all the dropped passes you had. You have to catch the ball when it hits your hands and I saw at least 3 or 4 drops by your receivers.

Remember this, our playbook is not even halfway open. We have yet to feed the tight ends a lot, done very few trick plays, and we did not feed the ball to Corey Sutton. We feel like Sutton, just like your top 2 RBs, is an elite skill player who will play on Sundays. As good as I felt our coaching was we still were conservative in many ways. I'm pretty sure both teams will open it up a lot more and make adjustments if there is a rematch.

I feel like we were able to hold your star RBs in check better than they did. You guys held Evans in check a little for us. He usually has some long breakout runs but did not tonight. If you would have told us before the game that you would hold Evans under 80 yards I would have said we lose.

Serious question to you guys. We beat you by 10 just like Miss State. From what you saw Miss State do to you where do you think we stack up? Would you pull for us or expect us to beat them? Do you think it would be close?
    Right now you beat Mississippi St.

For everyone calling for a new QB, anyone but Levi would have been living with their ___ on the turf all night last night. Our play calling was not spectacular but give App credit. They played great in defense.

That App State defense was very fast and physical.

Why we kept trying to go east-west baffled me.

Quote Originally Posted by AppStFan View Post
    I just wanted to say great game. I know you guys are upset and for some reason some of you think you are elite to us but we have done a great job of collecting speed. Coaching is part of the game. Our defense was the best they have been all year. Our DC is finally getting it and we have high expectations.

I think you guys have the best stable of backs in the league but Evans is a heck of one. Your OL is definitely bigger but our lines are faster and more athletic. We have gone after speed over size up front and at the G5 level that is the better approach. If we were in a P5 league then you need both but luckily in the SBC we are able to win with just having superior speed.

I don't get why some of you seem to hate us but if we had lost I would congratulate you. Right now we are lucky to be the best team in the league. I can assure you nobody at the SBC is trying to ensure we go to a NY6 Bowl. We could go 13-0 and still not be guaranteed to because of Boise State and the AAC champ. I think the refs just let the lineman play for the most part on both sides. You guys had a PI that was not called that should have been. We had one on our side as well. It happens.

We were able to wear you down late with our depth. I feel like right now you guys are better in a couple areas than us but we are faster overall and definitely deeper. Napier will get you there. He is a good coach and I don't get why some of you seem to think he is not.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope to see you guys in Boone again. I know we have dominated this rivalry lately but I know a program like you guys could turn the tables on us. I'm just glad that ESPN does not settle games and we get to do it on the field.
    Hate is a strong word but many of us have visited your fan forum and witnessed the jackassery that it is. Many couldn't even sign up or were deleted by your mods. Notice that didn't occur with you. I've also noticed that you guys seem to be stuck on this whole Top 25 thing and "did we look better than MS State"? It almost seemed like there were more posts about what you guys needed to do in order to crack the top 25 rather than talking about the game coming up. Anyhow, you have a great program and I hope we will get another shot at you guys later.

For everyone calling for a new QB, anyone but Levi would have been living with their ___ on the turf all night last night. Our play calling was not spectacular but give App credit. They played great in defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Officials were fine. We didn't deserve to win. Plain and Simple.
    it wouldn't be RP without ref-blaming. virtually every loss will bring out that tired litany.

1. Both DC's out-coached the opposing OC's.
    2. Zero turnovers, but UL defense had a couple of possibilities
    3. Our place kicking position is a huge deficit
    4. Our OL is either not as dominant as we thought or had a bad game (or a combination of the two).
    5. Our DBs are better, but still not ready for man-to-man coverage on a consistent basis.
    6. Our team speed has improved immensely, but App State is still faster.
    7. After watching the game, I still believe we go 9-3, at worst, which any of us would've taken before the season started.

This loss hurts, but doesn't discourage me. I still like the house analogy. Napier has laid an awesome foundation, the framing is done, now is time for the more skilled labor to take over. He has recruited a lot of this skilled labor, but there is no experience there.

We have an outstanding custom home being built, it isn't a mansion (P5), but it will be the nicest on the street (SBC) and probably in the neighborhood (G5).

Oh and App State was much more efficient on 3rd down, mainly because they were in better distance situations.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Oh and App State was much more efficient on 3rd down, mainly because they were in better distance situations.
    Its early but that is my nomination for "Take of the day."

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. App. State

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Its early but that is my nomination for "Take of the day."
    It's a lot easier to be effecient when you're perpetually 3rd and 3, 3rd and 5 than when you're 3rd and 12, 3rd and 9. We talked about this exact thing in the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post

Too many of our drives stalled around the 50,
    We had a field day on a 20 yard field for most of the game. I thought we played a great game between the 40 yard lines.......

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    App St was no better than anything we put on the field tonight. You can only do what the coaches tell you to do. Oline did just fine. Our run game was stagnant because of play calling, PERIOD.
    Coaches lost this game, not our players. Play calling was abominable and cost us a win in a very winnable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    1. Both DC's out-coached the opposing OC's.
    2. Zero turnovers, but UL defense had a couple of possibilities
    3. Our place kicking position is a huge deficit
    4. Our OL is either not as dominant as we thought or had a bad game (or a combination of the two).
    5. Our DBs are better, but still not ready for man-to-man coverage on a consistent basis.
    6. Our team speed has improved immensely, but App State is still faster.
    7. After watching the game, I still believe we go 9-3, at worst, which any of us would've taken before the season started.

This loss hurts, but doesn't discourage me. I still like the house analogy. Napier has laid an awesome foundation, the framing is done, now is time for the more skilled labor to take over. He has recruited a lot of this skilled labor, but there is no experience there.

We have an outstanding custom home being built, it isn't a mansion (P5), but it will be the nicest on the street (SBC) and probably in the neighborhood (G5).
    Great assesment

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30

Thread Information