Default Re: App St @ Louisiana Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    crApp: Tree fiddy
    Radical Cardigans: Tree fiddy+
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    38-35 Cajuns!!
    This guy gets it!

UL's defense this year is the best we have had that I've ever seen. They have played with intensity, tackle well, put pressure on the QB, and look aggressive. I know we've had some good players here and there over the years, and we even had a few good games sprinkled over those years, but we were never consistent and it was never a strength going into a game. This year is different. That's not saying we don't have a ways to go to be a really good defense, because we still have much to improve. It's just, we have had so many bad ones, this one is a treat to watch.
    They will have to play well for us to win Wed night, and I think they will. If Levi can keep playing like last game, mistakes to a minimum, no turnovers, then our running game will bring home the victory.

Louisiana 34
    App St 28

I think our defense prep's in a way similar to Ohio. I think although our pass defense has improved, that's probably an area they'll try to test us on. HOWEVER, I think Roberts schemes to put a ton of pressure on the Qb with disguised blitzes to make it hell on their offense to move the chains. We gave that Ohio Qb hell with all the pressure we brought to him. Even if we didn't sack him, we did enough to have an impact on the play. PLus, our LB's have been excellent gap stuffers this year and I think this home crowd might give them the juice they need to completely smother them, Acadiana style.

Cajuns - 38
    App - 20

5. Default Re: App St @ Louisiana Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    I think our defense prep's in a way similar to Ohio. I think although our pass defense has improved, that's probably an area they'll try to test us on. HOWEVER, I think Roberts schemes to put a ton of pressure on the Qb with disguised blitzes to make it hell on their offense to move the chains. We gave that Ohio Qb hell with all the pressure we brought to him. Even if we didn't sack him, we did enough to have an impact on the play. PLus, our LB's have been excellent gap stuffers this year and I think this home crowd might give them the juice they need to completely smother them, Acadiana style.

Cajuns - 38
    App - 20
    If Drinkawitz tries to beat us in the air, we'll win by 20.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If Drinkawitz tries to beat us in the air, we'll win by 20.
    If APP doesn't try to spread us out with some air attack, they will most certainly lose. Our defense will be preparing to stop the run all week, and App's coaching staff knows this. App's offense will need to find a way to create a mismatch to score points, and they're not going to find one in our front 7. If they try to run it down our throats the whole game, we've got enough talent depth to keep their between-the-tackle runs in check all game. They will not run it like GASO did. APP can make plenty money with inside slants, short passes, and bubble screens to keep their offense on pace with ours. Look for the early "set the tone" pass from app to take the crowd out of it.

7. Default Re: App St @ Louisiana Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Vegas has Louisiana -1. Surprising, I think.
    Does 3 points for playing at home still carry weight?

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    It's the best tackling defense I can remember seeing from us. It's also the first defense that I can remember where I'm not scared of getting torched with underneath routes.
    Especially on 3rd and 10+ yards.

In previous years I felt better about The Cajun defense getting a stop on 3rd and 5 yards. A third ad 10+ yard down was almost certainly converted by opposing offenses.

All I know is thisthis game will be a war!

10. Default Re: App St @ Louisiana Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    If APP doesn't try to spread us out with some air attack, they will most certainly lose. Our defense will be preparing to stop the run all week, and App's coaching staff knows this. App's offense will need to find a way to create a mismatch to score points, and they're not going to find one in our front 7. If they try to run it down our throats the whole game, we've got enough talent depth to keep their between-the-tackle runs in check all game. They will not run it like GASO did. APP can make plenty money with inside slants, short passes, and bubble screens to keep their offense on pace with ours. Look for the early "set the tone" pass from app to take the crowd out of it.
    Zac Thomas will not beat us with his arm. That is a fact.

appy 34 UL 44

37-35 Cajuns

Cajuns 58
    APP. 37

On Thursday, Cajuns work with the Vatican to start the blessed process, full sainthood if UL is ranked in top #25 by year's endSt Billy

Three miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Three miracles?
    1st miracle already happening, The give a schitt factor from our non core fans to natl press noticing the marked improvement.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information