Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football - Future Scheduling NMSU

Default Football - Future Scheduling NMSU

Cajun Field 10/14/2023
    Las Cruces 10/26/2024

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Cajun Field 10/14/2023
    Las Cruces 10/26/2024
    That move makes sense. That would be a good time of year for a road trip.

Default Re: Football - Future Scheduling NMSU

Opponent not exciting for most but huge to lock down that October Saturday home game. Just brutal to go from September to November with no Saturday home games. Maggard mentioned wanting the Sun Belt to get on a rotation where teams weren’t left in that situation multiple years in a row. Great to be proactive and not count on this conference to get something done.

Opponent not exciting for most but huge to lock down that October Saturday home game. Just brutal to go from September to November with no Saturday home games. Maggard mentioned wanting the Sun Belt to get on a rotation where teams weren't left in that situation multiple years in a row. Great to be proactive and not count on this conference to get something done.
    Depends. If this is tied to a basketball home and home, the opponent just got much more exciting. I have talked to Maggard on at least two ocassions about this concept with NMSU, and he seemed very interested in it.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Depends. If this is tied to a basketball home and home, the opponent just got much more exciting. I have talked to Maggard on at least two ocassions about this concept with NMSU, and he seemed very interested in it.

We shall see.
    If it takes a long term football scheduling commitment to get a similar basketball scheduling commitment, so be it.

It's not for everyone, but our relationship with New Mexico State is a net positive. Top notch basketball. Winnable football games that are usually exciting. Won't find much better road trips.

I have long been a proponent of SBC membership for them, so, I got no problem with scheduling them as much as we can.

6. UL Football Louisiana schedules two future games vs. New Mexico State

UL announced it has scheduled future football games vs. New Mexico State, a former Sun Belt Conference member.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If it takes a long term football scheduling commitment to get a similar basketball scheduling commitment, so be it.

It's not for everyone, but our relationship with New Mexico State is a net positive. Top notch basketball. Winnable football games that are usually exciting. Won't find much better road trips.

I have long been a proponent of SBC membership for them, so, I got no problem with scheduling them as much as we can.
    I don't mind NMSU, as I enjoy the El Paso area a good bit, but I think it's past time we try to get something going with UTEP football/basketball. It would be easy to play both in basketball on a trip out there.

8. Default Re: Football - Future Scheduling NMSU

Good move

9. Default Re: Football - Future Scheduling NMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good move
    Somebody moved?

Opponent not exciting for most but huge to lock down that October Saturday home game. Just brutal to go from September to November with no Saturday home games. Maggard mentioned wanting the Sun Belt to get on a rotation where teams weren't left in that situation multiple years in a row. Great to be proactive and not count on this conference to get something done.
    NMSU is an independent which is why we were able to tie down an October Saturday game with them. Liberty is as well. We need to try to get some October Saturday games with them as they don't have conference conflicts. If you have not noticed, they have done well since being defeated by the Cajuns.

11. Default Re: Football - Future Scheduling NMSU

NMSU is terrible. Liberty is pretty good since we played them. I like the idea of playing them. But they are not good. Liberty is a much better prospect for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Somebody moved?
    Something moved

Nice job by Maggard getting a non conference home and home setup. As mentioned previously, a basketball home and home with NMSU would be a nice combo

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    NMSU is terrible. Liberty is pretty good since we played them. I like the idea of playing them. But they are not good. Liberty is a much better prospect for the future.
    In this one, seems like we settled for the easiest scheduling route being NMSU. Doesnt make this H/A agreement a bad thing by any means.

It's beautiful out there in October. I'm looking forward to the trip. Book flights early, flying into El Paso can be expensive.

May have to consider a trip. NM is one of the only states out west that I have never been to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information