Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: UL Basketball Coach . NEXT

1. Default Re: Whose gonna Be the NEW Coach for the Cajuns?

Quote Originally Posted by BluePoints View Post
    My concern is that we go after a coach who can do it all, comes from a program that has done it all, and comes in knowing OUR expectations are that WE want it all!! Not just graduates, student/athletes, winners, young men we are proud to support. but on the court studs. SUN Belt Champions Top flight performers AND graduates, winners, young men we are proud to support and a COACH whose expectations are higher than our own!
    Sounds simple but I will add; hire a coach that won't get the school in deep APR trouble like Robert Lee did.

2. UL Basketball Hire Tim Floyd TODAY

Think of the hire as a "PLANNED" Glynn Cyprien hire. Don't wait for the NCAA to rule.

You hire Tim TODAY on the condition that IF he is found negligent by the NCAA he vacates the job immediately and owes UL $200,000

Worst case scenario here is what UL will get.

3. Recruits out the wazoo. I mean he was able to snag Ryan Francis a PG when he had already gotten commitments from 3 other point guards in the same class. And he was able to keep all four on signing day. That is a recruiter.

4. UL is back on the map basketball wise. National exposure good bad or ugly the only person you want to notice is the next coach who says to himself "That school was good enough for Tim Floyd, it's good enough for me."

5. Your next coach is prepaid.

Best case scenario here is what UL will get.

6. A great coach for a couple years that will bring great players into the program.

7. Multiple NCAA appearances and a new fine foundation for the program.

8. A huge buyout from whoever hires him away from UL.

jmo

ps I am only half in jest

Default Re: Hire Tim Floyd TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Think of the hire as a "PLANNED" Glynn Cyprien hire. Don't wait for the NCAA to rule.

You hire Tim TODAY on the condition that IF he is found negligent by the NCAA he vacates the job immediately and owes UL $200,000

Worst case scenario here is what UL will get.

10. Recruits out the wazoo. I mean he was able to snag Ryan Francis a PG when he had already gotten commitments from 3 other point guards in the same class. And he was able to keep all four on signing day. That is a recruiter.

11. UL is back on the map basketball wise. National exposure good bad or ugly the only person you want to notice is the next coach who says to himself "That school was good enough for Tim Floyd, it's good enough for me."

12. Your next coach is prepaid.

Best case scenario here is what UL will get.

13. A great coach for a couple years that will bring great players into the program.

14. Multiple NCAA appearances and a new fine foundation for the program.

15. A huge buyout from whoever hires him away from UL.

jmo

ps I am only half in jest _

16. And whatever Splash we make with this hire, make sure we educate ESPN and the other sports outlets on refering to us as LOUISIANA and not Louisiana Lafayette.

17. Default Re: Whose gonna Be the NEW Coach for the Cajuns?

Tim Duryea - Associate Coach, Utah State

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ And whatever Splash we make with this hire, make sure we educate ESPN and the other sports outlets on refering to us as LOUISIANA and not Louisiana Lafayette. _
    Prepare to be disapointed.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Prepare to be disapointed.
    In more ways than one, i'm certain.

Default Re: Food for thought-any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ I think that this assessment of the situation is dead on. I look for a one year deal, tied closely to performance requirements, to be offered to Lee. _

You are a year late. That is the deal that was offered and received before the recent season when they decided not to extend him and laid out a list of criteria to follow.

For all of you who don't feel that the football program has progressed, please explain yourselves. Sure, we have gone 6-6 it seems like forever. However, just the fact that we are complaining about .500 seasons is progression. The bar has been raised in football because he has been able to bring in a level of consistency now and brought in better players. The Baldwin years were a joke. This program was pushed back so bad that the first 3-4 years of Bustle's era were simply damage control. I understand the scrutiny for which he must now proceed with. I understand the want and need to win and get to a bowl. It's long past due. However, that scrutiny must start with winning conference. There is no reason this program and team can't win our own football conference now. The money games at the beginning of the season are what they are.An investment. I did not have a problem with last year's team. They had a lot of inexperience at the RB and QB positions along with limited talent and injuries at the WR position. The year before they were crippled with terrible injuries. I think Bustle's done a lot with what he is given to work with. That is the second worst athletic budget in FBS and a lack of private funding.

I do think that Bustle is on the hotseat and its warranted. I would also like to see better gametime decisions and adjustments which has often been the source of my criticism with him and his staff. However, to suggest that Bustle and Lee are even in the same ballpark is a complete disservice.

Default Re: Whose gonna Be the NEW Coach for the Cajuns?

Quote Originally Posted by BluePoints View Post
    _ Jessie had many players come in and out of the program.trouble off the courtno kids on pace to graduate/much less attend class or stay eligible.however he did win!

Painting with a broad strokeno kids even attending class.
    Why discredit all the student-athletes that played under Evans?
    But Lee, an assistant under Evans, gets a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ Painting with a broad strokeno kids even attending class.
    Why discredit all the student-athletes that played under Evans?
    But Lee, an assistant under Evans, gets a pass. _

There is a complete separation for what Robert Lee stood for and what Evans stood for. I still do not give the blame to Lee for the APR issue he faced as I thought he inherited that from Evans. He raised the APR back up and brought in better student athletes. Jesse was able to win but he certainly had his issues off the court. He had a complete implosion at San Francisco which ultimately hurt his team there. I have very little respect for him. I respect coach Lee even though I do not think he is the man to lead a program by himself, nor do I think he is a good X and O coach.

Default Re: Food for thought . any opinions?

bustle took a complete laughing stock and made it at least competitive. lee took a good program and made it below average. 2 totally different situations.
    also its alot harder to turn a football program around considering you have a 100 players to deal with. basketball its alot easier to turn it around year to year since you are usually 1 or 2 players away from a 20 win season.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Food for thought-any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ I think that this assessment of the situation is dead on. I look for a one year deal, tied closely to performance requirements, to be offered to Lee. _
    Bustle got a 1 year extension to go with his remaining 1 year giving him 2 years left. The reasoning being you dont want him to be on his last year, recruiting and what not.

Lee is out of contract. If you offered him a contract, which is just an absurd idea and will not happen, it will be 2 years or they would have extended him last year.

Bustle hasnt had 4 losing seasons and a .500 season out of his last 5 either.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ There is a complete separation for what Robert Lee stood for and what Evans stood for. I still do not give the blame to Lee for the APR issue he faced as I thought he inherited that from Evans. He raised the APR back up and brought in better student athletes. Jesse was able to win but he certainly had his issues off the court. He had a complete implosion at San Francisco which ultimately hurt his team there. I have very little respect for him. I respect coach Lee even though I do not think he is the man to lead a program by himself, nor do I think he is a good X and O coach. _

This is an untrue statement. Lee created his own APR mess. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    In more ways than one, i'm certain.

_ igeaux.mobi
    Do you really believe Lee will be rehired? I will bet you a Ruth's Chris steak dinner he is not retained. Want in?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Hire Tim Floyd TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Do you really believe Lee will be rehired? I will bet you a Ruth's Chris steak dinner he is not retained. Want in? _
    I'll raise your bet by a new house in River Ranch as long as I can be on the same side of the bet that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
  29. Recruits out the wazoo. I mean he was able to snag Ryan Francis a PG when he had already gotten commitments from 3 other point guards in the same class. And he was able to keep all four on signing day. That is a recruiter.
  30. i don't disagree with this statement, but wasn't the reason he was able to get these recruits the same reason his program is under investigation by the NCAA?

don't get me wrong, i've been saying for a long time that RCAF should buy the best athletes money can buy. once the teams are competitive and winning, the athletes will want to come here to be apart of a winning team, then we won't have to spend as much money to get the athletes to the university.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information