Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: UL Basketball Coach . NEXT

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Let the Next Coach DEBATE begin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    _ One word: "Tim Floyd". ok, it's two words and two quotation marks but you get the point. If our new coach doesn't make the ESPN news then it means nothing. A hire like Floyd would be big news. _
    Tim Floyd would be a terrible hire. Why would we hire a known cheater? If Lee does not return, and I think the chances are at least 50/50 that he will, then the next head coach can not have negative baggage like recruiting scandals.

2. Default Re: Let the Next Coach DEBATE begin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Danny Broussard. Way to stretch out there and attract the best candidate possible. _
    Who would you suggest?

Kentucky can hire a guy with two vacated Final Fours, but we can't hire a guy who may be possibly cleared of wrong doing? The NCAA may scare us off, but has he been actually named in the allegations.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Tim Floyd would be a terrible hire. Why would we hire a known cheater? If Lee does not return, and I think the chances are at least 50/50 that he will, then the next head coach can not have negative baggage like recruiting scandals.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Food for thought-any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ Now, I do think we need a new basketball coach no matter how this night and season turns out, but I also thought (still do) that Bustle needed to go. My questions is, does Robert Lee have an argument to stay since we decided to extend the contract of Ricky Bustle, even though he didn't produce like all of us wanted him to.

Doesn't it seem plausible that he could say "hey, why does this man get an extension when he doesn't perform, yet I am not retained when my performance was comparable to his?"

Just a thought I had _
    I think that this assessment of the situation is dead on. I look for a one year deal, tied closely to performance requirements, to be offered to Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Baseman View Post
    _ Who would you suggest? _
    I would hope the search committee or the AD or whoever would take the time (and that has already started) to receive applications from across the country and find a quality D1 coach that can rebuild the program. Why we seem to want to turn to a local high school guy (as good a person and high school coach as they may be. Lewie Cook, Danny Broussard) every time we think there is an opening is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ He just wants attention. He don't know nothin' . Personally, i vote for Brad Boyd.

igeaux.mobi _
    Will see what happens in the next few days. But as per the attention, I've said very little on this board about it, but you certainly have posted a ton about it. Who's looking for attention?

Default Re: Let the Coach DEBATE begin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Oh come on, leak the info!! Is it totally out of left field? _
    He is not returning. The contract will not be extended. The official announcement will be made in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Danny Broussard. Way to stretch out there and attract the best candidate possible. _
    It's amazing, people demand a program changer yet they post names like Broussard and Champaign.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Please.
    50% chance we'll give a new contract to a coach who's record got worse with a senior team???
    You can't really think this.
    If we were talking about Action vs. Inaction, then maybe you'd have a point. What I mean by this is we'll be handing out a new contract no matter what we do, so you can bet it will be for a new coach.

igeaux.mobi

10. UL Basketball Re: Let the Next Coach DEBATE begin!!!

My criteria is simple:

11. Collegiate Head Coaching Experience.

12. A raging success at his last job.

13. Has extensive experience recruiting with a budget lower than he will have at UL.

The timing may be off for this hire but if the NCAA clears Floyd I would be OK with his hire.

14. Default Re: Let the Next Coach DEBATE begin!!!

Turbine according to your criteria---Billy Kennedy is our new hire!!!!!

Tim Floyd. Barring any interference from the Hornets, he's a Cajun next year.

Any info or are you just speculating?

Default Re: Food for thought-any opinions?

_ I think that this assessment of the situation is dead on. I look for a one year deal, tied closely to performance requirements, to be offered to Lee. _
    You are completely off base with this view.

a few friends dads who send regular checks to RCAF so take that for what it is. But it is the only name i hear them saying.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information