Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G5: Louisiana 37, Georgia Southern 24

Default Re: Live Game Talk Louisiana at Georgia Southern

We gave the game ball to Levi last night.

In the previous games, he's managed the game. Last night, he was instrumental in the win. His pass to Bam early sent a message, he hit a few over the middle that we haven't seen much of this year. He scrambled for positive yardage. He kept plays alive. And, his pass to Ja"Marcus for the TD was huge.

Now, to the person many pages ago who was critical of my comment about fielding punts, let me say this: Billy Napier made it clear before the season started our biggest issue on punts was failure to field the football. He said it was a point of emphasis in camp.

Garror did what he was coached to do. And, if you paid attention, you'd know that.

And, yes, I referred to the game as an _____ kicking. Because it was.

Lots of smiles on that plane last night.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

In the previous games, he's managed the game. Last night, he was instrumental in the win. His pass to Bam early sent a message, he hit a few over the middle that we haven't seen much of this year. He scrambled for positive yardage. He kept plays alive. And, his pass to Ja"Marcus for the TD was huge.

Now, to the person many pages ago who was critical of my comment about fielding punts, let me say this: Billy Napier made it clear before the season started our biggest issue on punts was failure to field the football. He said it was a point of emphasis in camp.

Garror did what he was coached to do. And, if you paid attention, you'd know that.

hard to argue the game ball to Levi. But dang the OL and DL!!

3. Default

Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We lost to miss st, who’s losing by 40!! We’ve beat no one special. We don’t deserve votes yet. Go beat app!!
    We don’t deserve votes, but it’s not like we’re beating up on Rice and Akron. Liberty will be bowl eligible this year. Book it. They have quietly won 3 in a row and have 5 more probable wins on their schedule.

Ohio will be bowling again too and georgia southern will at least be competitive in the Belt. They will beat South Al Thursday.

All of our wins (minus Texas Southern) will look better by November.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We don’t deserve votes, but it’s not like we’re beating up on Rice and Akron. Liberty will be bowl eligible this year. Book it. They have quietly won 3 in a row and have 5 more probable wins on their schedule.

Ohio will be bowling again too and georgia southern will at least be competitive in the Belt. They will beat South Al Thursday.

All of our wins (minus Texas Southern) will look better by November.
    I agree with this. All three teams will be bowl eligible. At the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That’s 71’s nickname
    I happen to love the schit out of it.
    Yea.I literally LOL’d when I saw it. A+ nickname

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Official FB Game Thread: Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Complete game from the offense and defense. Special teams needs to get their ___ in gear but wore those fools down nonetheless.

Andre Jones is playing really well although we haven't talked a lot about him. He's filling in for Manac really well and he's fast and physical. This kid is going to contribute for us for the next couple of years. I do agree that we have an "IT" factor about this team. Great win on the road. It wasn't that close.
    Great point.

Default Re: Official FB Game Thread: Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Great point.
    It really never felt that way.even after the 2nd punt fumble. I really didn’t nervous until the very end, and that did not last long. A really good game and we dominated it.

I agree with your comments on Levi, I said as much last night.

"This was by far Levi's most complete game! He really played well and made good decisions with the ball. He continues to play at this level, we have a legitimate shot."

And while Garror's job is to field the punts, it is not part his job to fumble the attempt. That's three fumbles in 6 consecutive quarters by him. We just cannot do that against better opponents. I understand not trying to destroy his confidence, but the team comes first. He should not have been in the game for the second return. He will have plenty of opportunities to work on it during the week and earn the trust of the staff.

He was not in position to field the first punt. He should have let it go.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    He was not in position to field the first punt. He should have let it go.
    So what is happening with our FGs and EPS? Didn’t our #2 kick an extra pt and we missed an extra pt by #1

I'm glad Garror did as he was coached as I agree punts should be fielded. That being said, he did muff 2 of them which is inexcusable. Do you think we will see someone else on punt returns next week?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I'm glad Garror did as he was coached as I agree punts should be fielded. That being said, he did muff 2 of them which is inexcusable. Do you think we will see someone else on punt returns next week?
    Hopefully legendre gets some work back there .I worry having a DB field punts.

He most certainly did not do what he was coached to do. He was coached to field the punts, to “not let them hit the ground”.

Two hit the groundfield the punts means to actually catch them.

Nice to see him come back in the 2nd half and get back on track. Gonna need him on point against App State. Can’t give away possessions and points against them.

Been awhile since I've seen a Cajuns team win when they supposed to and then win when were not expected to. This team is legit good and unlike any I have seen. This team knows they are good and refuses to be denied. Levi really played well, much kudos to him.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information