Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana to be without Chauncey Manac for Sun Belt opener at Georgia Southern

Default Re: Chauncy Manac?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes
    Praise the Good Lord. Who is our 3rd string center by the way. I have to think Naps has him snapping his A%$ off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Praise the Good Lord. Who is our 3rd string center by the way. I have to think Naps has him snapping his A%$ off right now.
    #63 Gardner

I know it does not mean anything but Chauncy Manac is showing up on the depth chart as the starter this weekend according to Cody Junot twitter.

Also shows another week with no Lorenzo Macaskill on the depth chart.

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/CJunot?ref_src=t.Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I'm guessing Harrington is still in concussion protocol? Dont see him listed .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know it does not mean anything but Chauncy Manac is showing up on the depth chart as the starter this weekend according to Cody Junot twitter.

Also shows another week with no Lorenzo Macaskill on the depth chart.

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/CJunot?ref_src=t.Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    It doesn't because Coach Napier made an updated announcement after the depth chart was released. Jones will move up and get the start.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It doesn't because Coach Napier made an updated announcement after the depth chart was released. Jones will move up and get the start.
    Jones has been a beast this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Jones has been a beast this year.
    He will need to be a beast again this week.

8. UL Football Louisiana to be without Chauncey Manac for Sun Belt opener at Georgia Southern

When the Cajuns open Sun Belt Conference play Saturday at Georgia Southern, the defense will be without the service of junior defensive end Chauncey Manac.

Anybody know if Manac’s injury could be extensive and does he have redshirt season( since he only played 4) or med red shirt available if it comes to that??

I don’t think the pass rush is as big as speed on the edge this week. Andre jones might be a better fit for this game anyway. Just tryin to be positive

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I don’t think the pass rush is as big as speed on the edge this week. Andre jones might be a better fit for this game anyway. Just tryin to be positive
    Can't over play the option.patience, and set the edge!

Well I’m stupid at football theory.so how do you defend the triple option? 3 DL, 4 LB and a safety playing 7 yards off?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Well I’m stupid at football theory.so how do you defend the triple option? 3 DL, 4 LB and a safety playing 7 yards off?
    You blitz all night, they don’t gain another yard!! Make them remember forever, the night they played the titans(Cajuns)

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    somewhat yesYou need to have at least 7 in the box. You need to dare them to throw the ball, something they can't do very well (although Werts is better at it then their backup). As stated before you can not over play the option, the other problem is you can not defend it with one person. Means your LB's and DB's need to swarm to the ball. On the outside pitch, your LB needs to play the QB and blow him up, while your DB's need to play the RB and make sure they tackle well, don't let them get yards after contact.

The biggest problem is the inside handoff. The Down Lineman must not get pushed around, if they do it will be a long night.

You can play 3 - 4 or 4-3, but if you go 4-3 your DE's need to be super athletic. More Pat Swilling type guys that can run with the QB or RB's.

Again, the key is that you have to dare them to throw the ball every now and then and do not get beat deep when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    somewhat yesYou need to have at least 7 in the box. You need to dare them to throw the ball, something they can't do very well (although Werts is better at it then their backup). As stated before you can not over play the option, the other problem is you can not defend it with one person. Means your LB's and DB's need to swarm to the ball. On the outside pitch, your LB needs to play the QB and blow him up, while your DB's need to play the RB and make sure they tackle well, don't let them get yards after contact.

The biggest problem is the inside handoff. The Down Lineman must not get pushed around, if they do it will be a long night.

You can play 3 - 4 or 4-3, but if you go 4-3 your DE's need to be super athletic. More Pat Swilling type guys that can run with the QB or RB's.

Again, the key is that you have to dare them to throw the ball every now and then and do not get beat deep when they do.
    Outstanding description of assignment football.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information