Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Oaks Country Club Abbeville

1. UL Golf Southern Oaks Country Club Abbeville

Fans of the sport of golf who live in Vermilion Parish now once again have a home course. Southern Oaks Country Club has plans to open their 18-hole course this fall and for golfers, in south Louisiana, the opening can't get here fast enough.

2. Default Re: SouthernOaks CC Set To Open In Abbeville

UL basketball alum Rhett Hebert is part owner in the CC ... and a bunch of other people I may or may not know.

I can't wait for Southern Oaks CC to open.

Default Re: SouthernOaks CC Set To Open In Abbeville

I loved playing in Abbeville it was such a laid back atmosphere... plus it was an easy course

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I loved playing in Abbeville it was such a laid back atmosphere... plus it was an easy course
    It was pretty cool. We used to play a lot over there. I'm left handed. Teeing off on that 1st hole always made me nervous of slicing it right into traffic. So, I would take out a 4 iron and topspin one all the way down the fairway.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    It was pretty cool. We used to play a lot over there. I'm left handed. Teeing off on that 1st hole always made me nervous of slicing it right into traffic. So, I would take out a 4 iron and topspin one all the way down the fairway.
    Tough course for lefties. OOB left on 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 17 and 18.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I had my first and only Eagle on hole 17 .. still shot a 92 on the day lol

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Tough course for lefties. OOB left on 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 17 and 18.
    Play a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Play a draw.
    Only Freddie Kitchen's can play a draw on 4th and 9.

Play a draw.
    You are assuming I actually can control such subtleties of tthe game of golf. Lol

Play a draw.
    When I did hit a draw, it wasn't on purpose. Golf always drove me crazy. I never played better than after not playing for awhile. The more I played, the worse I would get.

I haven't played in years, but I know if I got my clubs out of storage and hit the links, I would tear it up and get hooked again. I'm too old and fat now to torture myself like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I had my first and only Eagle on hole 17 .. still shot a 92 on the day lol
    I would have walked off the course right there and never play again, leaving on a great shot.

I was like CN, the more I played, the worse I got. Quit right after dropping a putt that Tiger would had gotten on Sports Center. I left golf happy.

Glad Abbeville has a course again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Only Freddie Kitchen's can play a draw on 4th and 9.
    Green dot for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I would have walked off the course right there and never play again, leaving on a great shot.

I was like CN, the more I played, the worse I got. Quit right after dropping a putt that Tiger would had gotten on Sports Center. I left golf happy.

Glad Abbeville has a course again.
    I played one round of golf in my life. I lost a whole box of balls and shot somewhere north of 150 for the round. And that was basically putting my way around the course with my driver since I couldn't get much lift on the ball. I never stepped back on a golf course. Golf is way too expensive to suck that badly.

Never played golf in my life. As Harry Callahan said " A man has got to know his limitations".

15. Default Re: SouthernOaks CC Set To Open In Abbeville

Public or private?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information