Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Southern Oaks Country Club Abbeville

Default Re: Abbeville Golf course

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Heard many good things about the SR reboot. May have check it out soon.
    Do you know what the old Squirrel Run is called now?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Do you know what the old Squirrel Run is called now?
    Cane row

I always enjoyed playing Acadian Hills when I got the chance. I was sorry when it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    An average tee shot puts you inside 200 yards. Anything worse than birdie on that hole is a disappointment.
    It's almost a 90 degree angle from the tee box if you don't fade your shot it's tough

5. Default Re: Abbeville Golf course

Speaking of golf, that little driving range on Kaliste Saloom road will never again make as much money as it is making right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Speaking of golf, that little driving range on Kaliste Saloom road will never again make as much money as it is making right now.
    Dude who runs it is an _______ and still has a booming business... best to be the only one in town

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Dude who runs it is an _______ and still has a booming business... best to be the only one in town
    Yep and location is the only thing he has going which is really all he needs. Hitting off that ground is like hitting out of a cut pasture.

Cane Row (Old Squirrel Run) is in good shape right now and reasonably priced too!

9. Default Re: Abbeville Golf course

An average tee shot puts you inside 200 yards. Anything worse than birdie on that hole is a disappointment.
    Way to burst my bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's almost a 90 degree angle from the tee box if you don't fade your shot it's tough
    Well hit the fade bro😊

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Way to burst my bubble.
    Just saying it’s one of the easier holes around. I was a 4 handicap last year but struggling lately. I’m about an 8-9 right now. So I consider anything worse than birdie on that hole to be a disappointment

12. Default Re: Abbeville Golf course (Southern Oaks)

Just saying it’s one of the easier holes around. I was a 4 handicap last year but struggling lately. I’m about an 8-9 right now. So I consider anything worse than birdie on that hole to be a disappointment
    It’s all a matter of perspective.

Default Re: Abbeville Golf course (Southern Oaks)

Played in Abbeville today. It's a nice layout, super short and an easy walk. Only 6000 yards from the back tees.

Some of the slowest greens I've ever played which helped me make more putts than usual. The fairways are bone dry with very little grass.

I will definitely play there again once the fairways have grown in.

Default Re: Abbeville Golf course (Southern Oaks)

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Played in Abbeville today. It's a nice layout, super short and an easy walk. Only 6000 yards from the back tees.

Some of the slowest greens I've ever played which helped me make more putts than usual. The fairways are bone dry with very little grass.

I will definitely play there again once the fairways have grown in.

Now you have to go play Bayou Bend, Cane Row (the old Squirrel Run) and Eagle Ridge and give us a run down on all the courses.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Now you have to go play Bayou Bend, Cane Row (the old Squirrel Run) and Eagle Ridge and give us a run down on all the courses.
    Will do.

I have played all of those courses a bunch in the past, but will give them another look this summer

This was my first time in Abbeville.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information