Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Oaks Country Club Abbeville

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Public or private?
    Both, I think.

Default Re: SouthernOaks CC Set To Open In Abbeville

Played there many times. So glad they will be reopening the course. It was a great place for beginners because it was such a laid back atmosphere. Plus, learning to get the ball on the green in regulation there just made you 10 times better at other courses where the greens are 2-3 times larger.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Played there many times. So glad they will be reopening the course. It was a great place for beginners because it was such a laid back atmosphere. Plus, learning to get the ball on the green in regulation there just made you 10 times better at other courses where the greens are 2-3 times larger.
    That is a very good point.

4. Default Re: SouthernOaks CC Set To Open In Abbeville

Easy to get to from Lafayette.

South on Johnston, US-167 to Abbeville.

Turn west on LA-14, 2 miles on right.

Default Re: SouthernOaks CC Set To Open In Abbeville

It will be public with membership options.

6. UL Golf Southern Oaks Country Club close to opening

Very soon, Acadiana golfers will once again have an additional option for play that they haven't had for a couple of years.

7. UL Golf Lafayette City Golf Courses Closed, Abbeville Open

Lafayette's three municipal golf courses – The Wetlands, Les Vieux Chenes and Hebert Municipal – were closed due to the coronovarius pandemic.

8. Default Re: City golf courses aren't immune to coronavirus trouble

Southern Oaks Country Club in Abbeville is open.

I read where getting out for fresh air is a good remedy to avoid going stir crazy.

https://southernoakscc.com

337-893-5203

Default Re: City golf courses aren't immune to coronavirus trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I read where getting out for fresh air is a good remedy to avoid going stir crazy.

337-893-5203
    Played Friday fairways are in rough shape but coming back

Default Re: Lafayette City Golf Courses Closed, Abbeville Open

Bayou Bend in Crowley also open.

337-893-5203

Yes, so why would our golf courses close? Makes no sense. The guidelines for the Corvid 19 are to not gather in groups of 11 or more. Stay out of confined areas. Well doesn't golf meet these guidelines? A fivesome is the largest group you can tee off and you are playing outside. Close the club house, but not the courses.

Farm is open also, but the greens are just dirt right now. Southern Oaks is a few months from being really good, but atleast they have grass on their greens. The fairways are their biggest issue right now. I haven't played Bayou Bend in years. Anyone know how the course is looking?

Yes, so why would our golf courses close? Makes no sense. The guidelines for the Corvid 19 are to not gather in groups of 11 or more. Stay out of confined areas. Well doesn't golf meet these guidelines? A fivesome is the largest group you can tee off and you are playing outside. Close the club house, but not the courses.

Farm is open also, but the greens are just dirt right now. Southern Oaks is a few months from being really good, but atleast they have grass on their greens. The fairways are their biggest issue right now. I haven't played Bayou Bend in years. Anyone know how the course is looking?
    Atchafalaya looked great 2 weeks ago

337-893-5203
    Cane Row Golf and Turf Club, formerly Squirrel Run is open

Exactly. I hope these courses continue to stay open as well. I believe Oakbourne is open as well but just the golf course. The clubhouse is not open but you can check in outside and play.

15. Default Re: City golf courses aren't immune to coronavirus trouble

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Exactly. I hope these courses continue to stay open as well. I believe Oakbourne is open as well but just the golf course. The clubhouse is not open but you can check in outside and play.
    I don't know about the golf, but the tennis courts and tennis clubhouse at oakbourne is 100% closed. Unfortunately all tennis facilities around Lafayette are closed. Red's closed, Youngsville park tennis closed, Beaver Park Closed, Thomas Park Closed as well as Bougeuouis Courts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information