Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GA Southern Roll Call

Default GA Southern Roll Call

I'm making the trip down the mountain for this one.couple of things I've learned in the last week about games at GA.Southern.this is an on campus stadium, there a a few free parking lots and shuttle to stadium. Game day parking is $2010 in advance.UL section is H and HH.there probably aren't any hotel rooms in Statesboro. Augusta (where I'm staying) is an 80 mile trip. Savannah is under 50. You can fly into either. Atl is 150 or so to Statesboro. Who's with me!

Default Re: GA Southern Roll Call

$20.00 to park!!!!!! And then they expect their fans to have walk or take a trolley to the station! You must be kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    $20.00 to park!!!!!! And then they expect their fans to have walk or take a trolley to the station! You must be kidding!
    Advance purchase is 10, game day it's 20.____le busses just run through campus.thats my understandong

Some Cajun “fans” won’t even consider paying $10 to park. Yet, would like to see the program continue to make progress! 😱

This was the only road game I thought I could make due to other commitments then my boss reminded me I can't take Friday off due to Lafayette hosting the Homeless Veteran Stand Down in Lafayette on Friday. Guess no road games until the bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'm making the trip down the mountain for this one.couple of things I've learned in the last week about games at GA.Southern.this is an on campus stadium, there a a few free parking lots and shuttle to stadium. Game day parking is $2010 in advance.UL section is H and HH.there probably aren't any hotel rooms in Statesboro. Augusta (where I'm staying) is an 80 mile trip. Savannah is under 50. You can fly into either. Atl is 150 or so to Statesboro. Who's with me!
    🖐️

Bump

i'll be there with some buddys.off thursday to monday by coincidence.road trip!
    will stay in savannahalways wanted to check that place out.any tips on savannah?

Quote Originally Posted by mphscajun View Post
    will stay in savannahalways wanted to check that place out.any tips on savannah?
    Downtown area has a few nice restaurants and bars, especially around campus for the younger crowd. Like other major cities, make sure you don't get lost and get off the ramp on the wrong side of town. Savanna has major drug crime problems in certain parts of the town.

Go to the town square and find the exact spot where Forrest and * sat on the park bench.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Go to the town square and find the exact spot where Forrest and * sat on the park bench.
    ill bring my box of chocolates and feather

wasn't the garden of good and evil filmed there also?

Lived and worked a year in Savannah, it is one beautiful city. The old city area and downtown is very cool. River street has tons of great bars and between there and city market area, some great eats. Hit Bull Street in the Starland District, The Vault is good and The Green Truck is awesome. Take a walking ghost tour,ghosts and spirits are everywhere. Way too much to mention herewebsites don't do the town justice, it is block after block after block of history and beauty. Beach is solid too, about 25 miles out of town.

ill bring my box of chocolates and feather

wasn't the garden of good and evil filmed there also?
    Yes. Toured the house it was filmed a few years back

Also check out Mrs Wilkes Dinning room. Boarding house style restaurant. Different.

thanks for the tips

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information