Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 51 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G4: Louisiana 45, Ohio 25

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

The only memorable long ball from Des is the one he threw against McNeese. It was a beautiful arching ball that was under thrown by 10 yards and the DB swooped in and intercepted it

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    The only memorable long ball from Des is the one he threw against McNeese. It was a beautiful arching ball that was under thrown by 10 yards and the DB swooped in and intercepted it
    Yep, what I saw of him in high school was better than we ever saw at UL.

In high school the defenders are slower as are receivers. You can get away with floating up balls that would get intercepted by bigger and faster D-backs in FBS college football. Again, Dez. was a great talent who could make things happen, but he was in no stretch of the imagination someone who could accurately spiral a long bullet down the field very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    In high school the defenders are slower as are receivers. You can get away with floating up balls that would get intercepted by bigger and faster D-backs in FBS college football. Again, Dez. was a great talent who could make things happen, but he was in no stretch of the imagination someone who could accurately spiral a long bullet down the field very far.
    if UL could have played Jeanerette instead of Texas A&M it would have been magic

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In the very same post that I said Babb's long ball was one of the best in school history. Better than VanCleave, and Rekieta, both of whom were known for their long ball.
    In high school at STM, they used to take Babb out and put in Tatford to throw long balls. Tatford usually threw them to Babb.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    OK. It's not as obvious as you think. It's not about discernment. It's about literally what you said word for word. If you think its that obvious when everyone here that has commented on it has called you to task then oh well. I know you are going to fall on the sword so to speak defending what you said so its really not that big of a deal and not worth the time. However, didn't MD run the option in HS?
    No Dez ran the spread in HS. They threw ALOT. One of the first local teams to really embrace it. Most of his running yards were broken plays, and designed keepers. He made some local teams look like little kids, running or passing. But as stated above, he was throwing against Teurlings, not Texas A&M.

In high school the defenders are slower as are receivers. You can get away with floating up balls that would get intercepted by bigger and faster D-backs in FBS college football.
    My lord, this. I can't believe someone who has witnessed as much football as Turbine has to be told this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    My lord, this. I can't believe someone who has witnessed as much football as Turbine has to be told this.
    I know, but I was hoping he would figure out how ridiculous his argument was so I would not have had to say it. I know it sounded condescending but that was not my intent. This argument was getting pretty stale.

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

I am totally aware now (and then) the game is faster in college.

I'm no scout but it sounds like you are saying college coaches are wasting their time scouting highschool games. (I know you're not, just sounds like)

I only commented that what I saw him do in high school, we didn't see him do in college.

I was impressed.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    In high school at STM, they used to take Babb out and put in Tatford to throw long balls. Tatford usually threw them to Babb.
    Unfortunately I never saw Babb in HS.

I know Jefferies Tatford sure could throw a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unfortunately I never saw Babb in HS.

I know Jefferies Tatford sure could throw a baseball.
    Got to teach Tatford in Civil. Fine young man and student. Didn’t he make a great catch in outfield at a regional? Or am I thinking of Lird knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    Got to teach Tatford in Civil. Fine young man and student. Didn’t he make a great catch in outfield at a regional? Or am I thinking of Lird knows what.
    A&M regional

I know, but I was hoping he would figure out how ridiculous his argument was so I would not have had to say it. I know it sounded condescending but that was not my intent. This argument was getting pretty stale.
    Reminds me when BWK would talk about his kid being the next coming of Willie Roaf because he was pancaking guys from Geuydan at HS school games. Then he was shocked when it didn't translate to the next level.

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Reminds me when BWK would talk about his kid being the next coming of Willie Roaf because he was pancaking guys from Geuydan at HS school games. Then he was shocked when it didn't translate to the next level.
    Gueydan, we picking on Gueydan now?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Gueydan, we picking on Gueydan now?
    No, BWK's kid was.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 51 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast

Thread Information