Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G4: Louisiana 45, Ohio 25

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Could Dez or Mitchell complete downfield throws regularly? I think we can win every game left on our schedule by dominating the LOS, running it, completing occasional mid range throws, and taking a couple of shots downfield. I'd love to have a guy who can make all the throws, but we don't. We have a smart athletic guy who is learning every game how to manage the game and limit turnovers. I'll take it. It's not that we shouldn't watch with critical eyes, and that it's not sometimes frustrating, I mean we can all see his limitations, it's just that it's like it has to be posted over, and over and over again as if it's new information that we can somehow change by pointing it out again. We got it, he ain't Brett Favre.
    Yep. Especially everytime during the course of a game he misses a throw or doesn't run when maybe he should, there are definitely those here who will remind us how bad they think he is....lol

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Desormeaux could throw the long ball better than we ever saw at UL.

His vertical long throws in highschool had a beautiful arch that the receiver could run under without losing his stride.

Bustle was infatuated with zipline passes, even on the long balls. This did not play to Desormeaux's strengths, at least not on deep throws. He was fine across the field.

Babb's long ball was one of the best in school history. Better than Riketa and VanCleave Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

His vertical long throws in highschool had a beautiful arch that the receiver could run under without losing his stride.

Bustle was infatuated with zipline passes, even on the long balls. This did not play to Desormeaux's strengths, at least not on deep throws. He was fine across the field.

Babb's long ball was one of the best in school history. Better than Riketa and VanCleave Imo.
    How many Dezmo high school games did you go to?

Well.....Mitchell was damned good at the long ball too.....

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Thanks.

When you possess a Super Power your other skills tend to be forgotten over time.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    BB if Mitchell played now, some of these dudes would be _____ing about his passing, guaranteed. And Turbine would be saying it's cause he can lift an Accord in the weight room.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

BB if Mitchell played now, some of these dudes would be _____ing about his passing, guaranteed. And Turbine would be saying it’s cause he can lift a Accord in the weight room.
    You're right, we are of one Accord.

Better than Delhomme's long ball?

BB if Mitchell played now, some of these dudes would be _____ing about his passing, guaranteed. And Turbine would be saying it's cause he can lift an Accord in the weight room.
    True.....UL has the #2 total yards offense in the nation and several dudes do nothing but whine the entire game, every game. I get it, our QB is imperfect but UL has NEVER been this highly ranked offensively. Glass is half full.

10. UL Football Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Could Dez or Mitchell complete downfield throws regularly? I think we can win every game left on our schedule by dominating the LOS, running it, completing occasional mid range throws, and taking a couple of shots downfield. I'd love to have a guy who can make all the throws, but we don't. We have a smart athletic guy who is learning every game how to manage the game and limit turnovers. I'll take it. It's not that we shouldn't watch with critical eyes, and that it's not sometimes frustrating, I mean we can all see his limitations, it's just that it's like it has to be posted over, and over and over again as if it's new information that we can somehow change by pointing it out again. We got it, he ain't Brett Favre.
    He's limited in his game. He doesn't have Mitchell legs, Des feel for the option, or Jakes arm. Those obvious limitations doesn't make him a dog at the position. It would be great if teams were afraid to put 8 in the box. Luckily our receivers generally are often too much for smaller defensive backs.

There's gonna come games when he'll have to up his downfield passing.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Levi will be fine. The Cajuns will be fine. Some RPer’s I’m not as sure about.

He hasnt done nearly as much in the running game as Des or Brian. If he did,very few would be talking about his limitations as a passer.

Gents. I watched the game on YouTube today and I counted roughly 4 passes that were in the hands on the receivers that were dropped. I think LL got the goods. Just needs polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He hasnt done nearly as much in the running game as Des or Brian. If he did,very few would be talking ab[ut his limitations as a passer.
    Fair enough, but has he been asked to? Or are we avoiding that since we have 3 incredible backs?

Fair enough, but has he been asked to? Or are we avoiding that since we have 3 incredible backs?
    Could be either.

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information