Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G4: Louisiana 45, Ohio 25

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I will go out on a limb and say that's a SMALL sample size.
    Amazing that saying he threw a better long ball in high school than we ever saw him throw at UL could bring out the frustration it did.

I only needed one game to compare. Bustle made him throw zip-lines, not his strength on long ball.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Amazing that saying he threw a better long ball in high school than we ever saw him throw at UL could bring out the frustration it did.

I only needed one game to compare. Bustle made him throw zip-lines, not his strength on long ball.
    Levi Derangement Syndrome

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

.....thanks.....some great plays!

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

There is no frustration. You made the following statement:

" Desormeaux could throw the long ball better than we ever saw at UL. "

Now, I don't really care whether you were stating his HS throwing or in college as it would have appeared to me you were talking about his time in college. Either way, to say that Des threw the deep ball better than anyone that's been here is looney considering he was not a deep ball thrower nor did he have a deep ball arm. In fact, I remember the general consensus being, when people were calling for him to be moved to D-back because he absolutely couldn't play QB here, was due to his limitations with his arm. Are you suggesting that Bustle actually limited him by making him throw deep ball "ziplines"? I'm just curious to know what your actual point is.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post

Now, I don't really care whether you were stating his HS throwing or in college as it would have appeared to me you were talking about his time in college. Either way, to say that Des threw the deep ball better than anyone that's been here is looney considering he was not a deep ball thrower nor did he have a deep ball arm. In fact, I remember the general consensus being, when people were calling for him to be moved to D-back because he absolutely couldn't play QB here, was due to his limitations with his arm. Are you suggesting that Bustle actually limited him by making him throw deep ball "ziplines"? I'm just curious to know what your actual point is.
    I was comparing Desormeaux to Desormeaux. I was not comparing Mike to any other quarterback.
    Desormeaux could throw the long ball better than we ever saw at UL.

His vertical long throws in highschool had a beautiful arch that the receiver could run under without losing his stride
    I meant: Desormeaux could throw the long ball better than we ever saw (him throw) at UL.

I was comparing Desormeaux to Desormeaux. I was not comparing Mike to any other quarterback.

I meant: Desormeaux could throw the long ball better than we ever saw (him throw) at UL.
    Glad we unlocked that puzzle...I guess.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Glad we unlocked that puzzle...I guess.
    Me and Boomer are round the corner neighbors.

Only we know exactly what we trying to say. .... Sometimes.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Me and Boomer are round the corner neighbors.

Only we know exactly what we trying to say. .... Sometimes.
    Somebody needs to check the water.

Somebody needs to check the water.
    In the weight room?

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    In the weight room?
    No worries there. I suspect that Boomer and Turbine are on QB weight room workout year round.

I loved Dez, but to say he threw any kind of catchable long ball consistently is ludicrous. That is not what he did. He was a big tough guy who could run with the ball and was elusive enough to make things happen. It is funny how some people remember things differently sometimes...

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

No worries there. I suspect that Boomer and Turbine are on QB weight room workout year round.
    .....Muscle memory for fine skills seems legit except per my conversations with Carl Malone who’s career was a 180 disagreement.......the QB club report by our nutritionist might lend even more help to our discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I loved Dez, but to say he threw any kind of catchable long ball consistently is ludicrous. That is not what he did. He was a big tough guy who could run with the ball and was elusive enough to make things happen. It is funny how some people rember things sometimes...
    Seems like he threw one pretty, deep ball in high school, but could never replicate it at UL. Or maybe it was a pretty deep ball and that's where the confusion is coming from.

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I loved Dez, but to say he threw any kind of catchable long ball consistently is ludicrous. That is not what he did. He was a big tough guy who could run with the ball and was elusive enough to make things happen. It is funny how some people remember things differently sometimes...
    My short term memory isn't any better.

Someone will have to show me where anyone said he threw that type of pass at UL. Much less said he could throw it "consistently."

I said we did not see that from him at UL.

He saw him play 1 HS game and from that concluded that he could throw the long ball great until Bustle got ahold of him and put him on a destructive weight lifting program and told him to only throw passes with no arc.

This is, of course, lunacy.

Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast

Thread Information