Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst . 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G4: Louisiana 45, Ohio 25

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Calais has never really been the punt returner. Not in the last two years, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Levi won't be back next year.
    Do you say this because you expect him to graduate and move on to "real" life?

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Do you say this because you expect him to graduate and move on to "real" life?
    It is what he said when he came here. It is what he said when a decision was being made by HUD as to whether to redshirt him his freshmen year. He did not redshirt as there was going to be no benefit to redshirting a player that was going to be here only 3 years. Things can change, but I have not heard anything otherwise from Levi.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Which is really bizarre considering he is playing better than anyone we have had in 6 or 7 years.
    Broadway, Haack, Nixon, Jennings, Davis, and Nunez did not take care of the ball as well as Levi, had a lower completion percentage and threw for fewer yards per game. He is not great but it is nice to see someone who knows how to play the game and execute a game plan. Barring injury he is our QB for this year and next. Some people will just have to get over it.
    I don't agree that Broadway was not as good taking care of the ball as Levi. You may be speaking of picks vs fumbles however. One thing that is overlooked is that some of our successful running plays are because of the calls Levi makes at the line. Coach Napier has mentioned at QB Club meetings that having a QB as smart as Levi is a real factor in making this offense go. I share the downfield passing concerns CajunT has mentioned but we are doing a good job of overcoming that limitation to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't agree that Broadway was not as good taking care of the ball as Levi. You may be speaking of picks vs fumbles however. One thing that is overlooked is that some of our successful running plays are because of the calls Levi makes at the line. Coach Napier has mentioned at QB Club meetings that having a QB as smart as Levi is a real factor in making this offense go. I share the downfield passing concerns CajunT has mentioned but we are doing a good job of overcoming that limitation to date.
    Levi obviously has a good head on his shoulders. I think Jerry Babb may be the only other QB that we've had who has pursued an Engineering degree while also putting in the time to play football.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

It is what he said when he came here. It is what he said when a decision was being made by HUD as to whether to redshirt him his freshmen year. He did not redshirt as there was going to be no benefit to redshirting a player that was going to be here only 3 years. Things can change, but I have not heard anything otherwise from Levi.
    I thought at the time, 'That Levi dude just played Hud.'

I had taken that as he would be gone in 4 years instead of 5 if he had redshirted

If he graduates in 3 years in civil engineering then that would be very impressive

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I had taken that as he would be gone in 4 years instead of 5 if he had redshirted

If he graduates in 3 years in civil engineering then that would be very impressive
    Is he in engineering? If that is the case, then he will be here for 4 years no matter what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

He's are target to graduate in the spring.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What is his major?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Hopefully he can get a grad transfer scholarship to GT or Illinois a free Master's degree from one of those schools he would be set up for life

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Why did we change the punt returner?

I sure liked Calais back there.
    Last time I remember seeing Calais back there was when Hud was here and it didn't last long. I don't remember him at punt returner for Napier. I'm old, so I could be wrong on that.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Last time I remember seeing Calais back there was when Hud was here and it didn't last long. I don't remember him at punt returner for Napier. I'm old, so I could be wrong on that.
    Old 🚫= wrong

As I am 'between opportunities' right now, I have quite a bit of time on my hands. As such, I went through every box score for the last four years and I now must admit I was wrong about Calais. It turns out that the next punt return he has for the Cajuns will be his first.

What is his major?
    According to the commentary during the game, Civil Engineering.

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst . 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 . LastLast

Thread Information