Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G4: Louisiana 45, Ohio 25

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Ohio

“He can't miss wide open TDs, he can't have WRs drop wide open TDs and he will have to run a little more.”

Hear that Levi? You can’t have WR drop your passes. And, please stop overthrowing receivers 40-50 yards down the field. We all know those are high percentage throws that are fairly easy to connect.
    Our QBs over the past 20 years have been very proficient with not turning over the ball, not causing WR to drop passes and completing tons of passes over 30yards. They also didn’t throw to the TE so could you stop with that play please?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    “He can't miss wide open TDs, he can't have WRs drop wide open TDs and he will have to run a little more.”

Hear that Levi? You can’t have WR drop your passes. And, please stop overthrowing receivers 40-50 yards down the field. We all know those are high percentage throws that are fairly easy to connect.
    Our QBs over the past 20 years have been very proficient with not turning over the ball, not causing WR to drop passes and completing tons of passes over 30yards. They also didn’t throw to the TE so could you stop with that play please?!?!
    Metry, this isn’t the 80’s. UCF has a 3 star true freshman dropping dimes all over the field. LaTech has had QBs pick people apart for ages. Troy practically runs off starting QBs every year, Minshew and the starter at Kentucky.

Lewis is a tremendous leader and will win a lot as QB here. But he is at best the 5th best QB in the SBC. I want to make this clear, Levi is the guy who I want starting, but for us to win the next 4 games he HAS TO BE BETTER.

The game plan can only mask his weaknesses for so long. When we need Levi to win a game for us he better do it with his escapability and extending plays with his legs. Running for first downs, because he hasn’t shown the ability to throw downfield accurately. 50/50 balls aren’t accurate passes.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, this game was looked at by nearly ALL fans as the measuring stick of our team and and a major determinant of how our season may go. We dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball and we made who some called the best QB we would face all year look like he was lost. Defensively, I can't say enough how impressed I have been with the play this year and what these coaches have done with these players. I still think we are missing some talent in the front 7 but they have been locked in since week 1.

Offensively, I'd like to see a little more to our vertical passing game but this is a component that you can improve on week to week and I think we will. We are a much better football team this year even though our talent levels may not be where we will ultimately want it to be.
    Yesone of the big takeaways for me is this game solidified that we have a fantastic coaching staff. How much % of the current team is really from Hud's tenure? Nice to be able to know that we will be even better next year and the year after. Yesterday proves to me that the future is very bright indeed.we are finally on track to reach our potential with the foundation that this staff is building.

Not sure what you mean by us dominating LOS? Did you mean time of possession? If so, that was pretty much even. We just did a while more with our time with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    "He can't miss wide open TDs, he can't have WRs drop wide open TDs and he will have to run a little more."

Hear that Levi? You can't have WR drop your passes. And, please stop overthrowing receivers 40-50 yards down the field. We all know those are high percentage throws that are fairly easy to connect.
    Our QBs over the past 20 years have been very proficient with not turning over the ball, not causing WR to drop passes and completing tons of passes over 30yards. They also didn't throw to the TE so could you stop with that play please?!?!
    People forget. Brian M. was a terrible passer. Jake D. threw a ton of picks. Levi is somewhere in between these guys as a passer.

This would be fine if we were maxing out his capabilities. He should be running much more, and the only reason I can think of as to why Napier is not calling those plays is to avoid an injury because the options on the bench are not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yesone of the big takeaways for me is this game solidified that we have a fantastic coaching staff. How much % of the current team is really from Hud's tenure? Nice to be able to know that we will be even better next year and the year after. Yesterday proves to me that the future is very bright indeed.we are finally on track to reach our potential with the foundation that this staff is building.

Not sure what you mean by us dominating LOS? Did you mean time of possession? If so, that was pretty much even. We just did a while more with our time with the ball.
    Our OL manhandled every single DL we have played this season. Ohio wasn’t an exception, out DL was very good before Manac went down with an injury.

If we can keep dominating the LOS on both sides of the ball I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Our OL manhandled every single DL we have played this season. Ohio wasn’t an exception, out DL was very good before Manac went down with an injury.

If we can keep dominating the LOS on both sides of the ball I like our chances.
    Speaking of whichany word on Manac?

Speaking of whichany word on Manac?
    I haven’t heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I haven't heard anything.
    Just saw there is a thread about him. Apparently he's getting an MRI today.

Line of Scrimmage. I'd say we dominated. We allowed our rushing game to move the ball. We averaged over 6 ypc and allowed them to average only 3.7 ypc. We gave Levi time and that D front helped cause 3 turnovers with their pressure on the QB.

Well, this was an entertaining read. LOL

A few general comments about what I'm seeing.

First and foremost, I'm having trouble recalling the last time we had a football team that was this physical. We are whipping people up front on both sides of the ball. Mark Hocke is making a lot of money. He's earning it.

Rourke wasn't good yesterday but we were responsible for a lot of that. Not all of it. We got good pressure a good part of the day. You can point out the deficiencies of the secondary but in addition to three picks, we also had SEVEN pass breakups. That's a lot for a Cajun team in recent history.

Some of you are so quick to hammer the quarterback you 1) don't realize some of this falls on teammates and not on him and 2) he makes plays you overlook. He's certainly not all-conference caliber and his game has weak points. But he's doing what he needs to do to help us win. Some of the criticism of his stats is because some of you want someone who stretches the field vertically, like it's the only thing that makes you a good QB. I'll take 19-29 for nearly 200 and no turnovers every time. (And, that snap was horrible on the fumble.)

Yesterday was the absolute worst homer officiating I've seen. Mike D. was right about the home cooking. THAT is why when you negotiate contracts for OOC, you insist on your officials on the road. That was a bad negotiation. Yes, many of those penalties were legit. But Ohio got away with a lot of the same stuff.

This isn't Solich's best team. But they'll be playing for a league championship in December.

Georgia Southern will be a difficult test because it's so hard to prepare for them in one week. They are coming off an open date so they have an advantage. And Werts will be back for that game. Don't get me wrong.I'm not saying we won't win the game. But we will have to play better next week in my opinion if we are going to come back from Statesboro with a W. I do think we will be the more physical team once again.

We had an excellent game plan yesterday. Coaching staff deserves a lot of credit, despite the play call criticism.

After the bad snap, Vallot came back and played on one leg. We can't afford to lose him.

Ferrod. Freaking. Gardner. He was the player of the game. And, he did it in his home state with lots of friends and family in attendance. And, it's crazy in 38 pages of comments, none of you mentioned him a single time.

And, to those of you who synced up the broadcast, thank you. It was great to have G back in the booth. Looking forward to Lanaux's return next week. G had the best line of the day"snakes can't make tackles."

If you need a translation, let me know.

Cheers, guys. 3-1 non conference is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Hud would have lost this game had he remained coach. Trust the process, trust the QB. We have a football team that can beat any team left on the schedule.
    ☝️

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

First and foremost, I'm having trouble recalling the last time we had a football team that was this physical. We are whipping people up front on both sides of the ball. Mark Hocke is making a lot of money. He's earning it.

Rourke wasn't good yesterday but we were responsible for a lot of that. Not all of it. We got good pressure a good part of the day. You can point out the deficiencies of the secondary but in addition to three picks, we also had SEVEN pass breakups. That's a lot for a Cajun team in recent history.

Some of you are so quick to hammer the quarterback you 1) don't realize some of this falls on teammates and not on him and 2) he makes plays you overlook. He's certainly not all-conference caliber and his game has weak points. But he's doing what he needs to do to help us win. Some of the criticism of his stats is because some of you want someone who stretches the field vertically, like it's the only thing that makes you a good QB. I'll take 19-29 for nearly 200 and no turnovers every time. (And, that snap was horrible on the fumble.)

Yesterday was the absolute worst homer officiating I've seen. Mike D. was right about the home cooking. THAT is why when you negotiate contracts for OOC, you insist on your officials on the road. That was a bad negotiation. Yes, many of those penalties were legit. But Ohio got away with a lot of the same stuff.

This isn't Solich's best team. But they'll be playing for a league championship in December.

Georgia Southern will be a difficult test because it's so hard to prepare for them in one week. They are coming off an open date so they have an advantage. And Werts will be back for that game. Don't get me wrong.I'm not saying we won't win the game. But we will have to play better next week in my opinion if we are going to come back from Statesboro with a W. I do think we will be the more physical team once again.

We had an excellent game plan yesterday. Coaching staff deserves a lot of credit, despite the play call criticism.

After the bad snap, Vallot came back and played on one leg. We can't afford to lose him.

Ferrod. Freaking. Gardner. He was the player of the game. And, he did it in his home state with lots of friends and family in attendance. And, it's crazy in 38 pages of comments, none of you mentioned him a single time.

And, to those of you who synced up the broadcast, thank you. It was great to have G back in the booth. Looking forward to Lanaux's return next week. G had the best line of the day"snakes can't make tackles."

Wasn't aware of Vallot injury. Is he ok? Being our 2nd string center you are right. We cant lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

You are right. We haven't talked about a number of positive contributions we've received from a number of players because good or bad, our comments tend to gravitate towards Levi win or lose. I'd point out a number of guys on defense as this is the part of the team that has been most surprising to me thus far. I've seen some really solid things from guys like Andre Jones, Gardner, Garror, Solomon etc. These guys do deserve more recognition.

I'm just going back to read some of this in game thread but holy ____. Pages around 23-25 were some epic emotional roller coasters. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I agree with all of this. You will not have great players at every single position, and great QBs are even harder to find. We just have to trust that Coach Nap is putting in the players who give us the best chance to win. Those players and coaches have put in the work and are out there doing their very best. We are getting noticeably better every year under Coach Nap.
    Agree.

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread Information