Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 PreGame: Ohio Bobcats

Default 2019 PreGame: Ohio Bobcats

The line isn’t posted yet, but ESPN’s matchup up predictor actually has the Cajuns winning this one. Ohio should be home favorites, though.

This would be a big OOC road win. Can Napier and crew get it done?

Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

It’s going to be a battle. They were picked in the preseason to win the MAC.

Gonna be a good test for us on the road. A win gives us 3-1 OOC and gets us already halfway to eligibility. I think if we keep momentum we can start to cure some of our attendance issues. A win there and I think it's completely reasonable to think we'll be in the mix for another western division title and another appearance in the conference championship.

4. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

When is the last time that after game one of the season the Cajuns could realistically say “every remaining game is winable?”

Will we win them all, probably not. But we go into every weekend believing “we can win this one!!!!!”

If we don’t turn the ball over I don’t think Ohio can beat us. But we won’t win being negative in the turnover margin. LL has to play a clean game and the OL must dominate theLOs. The DL has to stop the run.

The key factor in this game will be Special Teams. Can Stevie rise to the occasion and nail some big FGs?

6. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

If the Ohio game goes our way, it can set us up for an historic season. The conference schedule is navigable. And the great part about that is, we're still 1 to 2 years away from seeing what Napier can actually do. Should be fun on Saturday.

7. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If we don’t turn the ball over I don’t think Ohio can beat us. But we won’t win being negative in the turnover margin. LL has to play a clean game and the OL must dominate theLOs. The DL has to stop the run.

The key factor in this game will be Special Teams. Can Stevie rise to the occasion and nail some big FGs?
    In regards to the kicking game, did you know that Alabama has missed more kicks and extra points than any school in the country since 2005? Learned that on the broadcast yesterday.

We will score on them. It all comes down to our defense. Stop the run. Stop the run. STOP THE RUN!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

We certainly can’t afford to leave any points out there. If we can get 3, get 3. I want all of all of our players to succeed and nothing against Stevie, but I hope it doesn’t come down to a last second kick.

If we could win by a couple of scores that would be fine. A nice, boring, comfortable game. Who’s with me?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In regards to the kicking game, did you know that Alabama has missed more kicks and extra points than any school in the country since 2005? Learned that on the broadcast yesterday.
    I can believe that. But they execute every other phase of the game better than anyone else.

It’s definitely gonna be a battle! Ohio dropped a close one, 33-31, on the road yesterday at Marshall bringing their overall record to 1-2. We better bring our lunch pail!

I like our chances if the defense can play well and keep their scoring down. Then we can do what we do best on offense, run with short passing attack, keep the ball and not let them get ahead. It will be our first test against similar talent so far this year. Should be interesting.

Box and Play-by-Play from Ohio and Marshall:
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.meId=401114259

14. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We certainly can't afford to leave any points out there. If we can get 3, get 3. I want all of all of our players to succeed and nothing against Stevie, but I hope it doesn't come down to a last second kick.

If we could win by a couple of scores that would be fine. A nice, boring, comfortable game. Who's with me?
    So is Stevie the top extra pointer in the country % wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So is Stevie the top extra pointer in the country % wise?
    Lol. He may be up there. He consistently makes those!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information