Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 PreGame: Ohio Bobcats

1. UL Football Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Gonna be a good test for us on the road. A win gives us 3-1 OOC and gets us already halfway to eligibility. I think if we keep momentum we can start to cure some of our attendance issues. A win there and I think it's completely reasonable to think we'll be in the mix for another western division title and another appearance in the conference championship.
    No Saturday football in October. Sometimes we don’t begin to realize how destructive this is.

Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

whats done is done now. AD said he is taking steps for it to not happen again. just keep winning. im confident this coaching staff will keep the players focused during a weird part of this schedule. others will jump on the wagon when they are ready, willing and able.

Bring back Saturday Night In The Swamp!

4. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Tulane is a 3.5 pt favorite at home against Houston. Tulane getting some much deserved respect I think. They have a good team.
    Well they are getting more coverage than ever in the NO paper.not as much as LSU but a lot more than our ZERO.all the other state schools were coveredbig time bad and need a fix pronto!!!

Boomer, the amount of influence the NOLA paper has on recruiting is minimal. Delivery and online subscriptions is ridiculously low. The battle is in social media, where we are competing well and don't need the approval of any sports editors.

Would it be better if we had coverage, sure, but it isn't nearly as important as 10 or 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Box and Play-by-Play from Ohio and Marshall:
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.meId=401114259
    12 QB hurries with no sacks?
    Either the Marshall QB is extremely elusive or those guys don’t know how to tackle.

Link to Ohio’s message board.

https://www.bobcatattack.com/message.orum.asp?PID=6

Interesting thread regarding Ohio State’s name game. And we thought Refineryville was nuts, OSU got them covered in the insecurity department.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    My only concern is their QB and his ability to run and scramble to extend plays for the passing game. no secret, the true dual threat QB has been a major weakness for our Defense in the past. IF coach and the improved depth, talent, and discipline allow us to keep their QB in check, watch out, the score wont even be close. Big win for Louisiana
    Ya the guy looks like he can be dangerous. He just became their all time td leader. He threw for 23 tds last year and added another 15 on the ground. Gonna be big on “maniac” and Joe D to contain.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

We win this game going away. The MAC is horrible and Marshall is way overrated. I predict something like a 38-17 Cajun win.

According to www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/injuries/

There is a chance that Ohio will be down their top 2 RB's on Saturday. Their #1 RB O'Shaan Allison left the Marshall game with an upper body injury and is likely to miss multiple weeks.

The RB that Phil Steele listed as their #2, Julian Ross did not play vs Marhsall and his status is up in the air with an upper body injury.

These two guys on the season have a combined 48 carries for 226 yards. With a 4.7 YPC average.

Allison is also one of their top receivers with 7 catches for 55 yards, Ross has added only 1 catch for -3 yards.

If this is the case, their #1 back will be De'Montre Tuggle who is a JC transfer. On the season he has 17 carries for 143 yards and 3 TD's. For a 7.6 yard average and 3 TD's. He has alo added 3 catches for 28 yards and a TD. While he has probably been more productive for the Bobcats most of that was vs Rhode Island in Game 1, where he ran for 65 yards on 3 carries and a TD. He had 4 carries for 20 yrads and a TD vs Pitt and 10 carries for 45 yards vs Marshall.

While he looks like he could be pretty good, depth will definitely be an issue for them if Ross and Allison are pre game scratches.

Their only other injury of note is Tyler Tupa, for you trivia buffs, this is a good one. Does anyone know what his dad Tom Tupa was known for?

Tom Tupa was a punter and QB at Ohio State in mid to late 80's. He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Phoenix Cardinals. But more importantly:

"Tupa scored the first two-point conversion in NFL history, running in a faked extra point kick attempt for the Browns in a game against the Cincinnati Bengals in the first week of the 1994 season. He scored a total of three such conversions that season, earning him the nickname "Two Point Tupa."

The younger Tupa is a Redshirt Junior WR for Ohio. This year he has 3 catches for 49 yards and a TD in 1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If the Ohio game goes our way, it can set us up for an historic season. The conference schedule is navigable. And the great part about that is, we're still 1 to 2 years away from seeing what Napier can actually do. Should be fun on Saturday.
    I agree. You can see, even against a bad team that this team is improving and has the talent to do things. And the talent is being stocked up.

And attendance is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In regards to the kicking game, did you know that Alabama has missed more kicks and extra points than any school in the country since 2005? Learned that on the broadcast yesterday.
    Yes, but when you score 60 points a game and hold your opponent to 10 or less, who the heck cares about a kicking game. Not that you were, but that would be comparing apples to bananas. Points matter to every football team other than Alabama. But it was still a very interesting fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Yes, but when you score 60 points a game and hold your opponent to 10 or less, who the heck cares about a kicking game. Not that you were, but that would be comparing apples to bananas. Points matter to every football team other than Alabama. But it was still a very interesting fact.
    You also have way more opportunities to miss

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Lol. He may be up there. He consistently makes those!
    Unfortunately, he has missed his share of PA's also. Not this year yet. But the season is still early.

I'm more concerned with how badly he missed the 3 kicks vs Liberty than just missing them. I also noticed his point afters seemed to be sailing, meaning thank goodness these were 17 yard kicks and not 27 yard kicks. That is what concerns me. I hope Stevie gets his confidence back and turns it on the rest of the season, but I am nervous every time he walks on the field.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information