Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 PreGame: Ohio Bobcats

Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I'm more concerned with how badly he missed the 3 kicks vs Liberty than just missing them. I also noticed his point afters seemed to be sailing, meaning thank goodness these were 17 yard kicks and not 27 yard kicks. That is what concerns me. I hope Stevie gets his confidence back and turns it on the rest of the season, but I am nervous every time he walks on the field.
    I said the same thing in regards to his PAT's. There only seemed to be a couple that just split the upright with a straight flight. The others seemed to be moving all over the place and I mentioned it a couple of times that it was thankfully a PAT and not a 40 yard FG attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    We win this game going away. The MAC is horrible and Marshall is way overrated. I predict something like a 38-17 Cajun win.
    I want some of what you're smoking.

Ohio has the best QB we'll face this year. And, they are almost always good defensively. The only way we win with that kind of score is if we get multiple turnovers. And, we haven't done that in years.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Link to Ohio's message board.

https://www.bobcatattack.com/message.orum.asp?PID=6

Interesting thread regarding Ohio State's name game. And we thought Refineryville was nuts, OSU got them covered in the insecurity department.
    lol.the only 2 posts on the UL game thread so far are from UL people.

I think if we play a clean game then we come out of Ohio with a W.

5. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Ohio has the best QB we'll face this year. And, they are almost always good defensively. The only way we win with that kind of score is if we get multiple turnovers. And, we haven't done that in years.
    C'mon Willis It's the first time Eeyore has ever posted a positive comment. Let him live a little!

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Ohio Bobcats

We win this game going away. The MAC is horrible and Marshall is way overrated. I predict something like a 38-17 Cajun win.
    Marshall gave Boise all they wanted at Smuf Field, Ohio was competitive with Pittsburgh who took Penn State to the limits.

While the comparative sample is small and not an absolute correlation it's interesting to say the least.

Yep Rourke is a really good QB who can do a bit of everything they lost their starting running back so he will be called on even more.

Oiler, while I’m with you on winning; I won’t put anything past any opponent after the start of the last two games.

I don't know about him being the best we will see all year. He is a good runner and is moderately talented as a passer, but he won't ever be confused with Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts. He might be comparable with Evans from ULM. Still plenty good enough to give us trouble, but with the 2 top RB's not expected to be at full speed, we should be able to contain him to some degree.

I don't expect us to win by 3 TD's, but if we don't turn over the rock, I do expect us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't know about him being the best we will see all year. He is a good runner and is moderately talented as a passer, but he won't ever be confused with Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts. He might be comparable with Evans from ULM. Still plenty good enough to give us trouble, but with the 2 top RB's not expected to be at full speed, we should be able to contain him to some degree.

I don't expect us to win by 3 TD's, but if we don't turn over the rock, I do expect us to win.
    When Evans is hot he is the best player on the field in the sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    When Evans is hot he is the best player on the field in the sunbelt
    I don't necessarily disagree with that; hence my statement about Ohio's QB being plenty good enough to give us trouble.

UL Football Re: Ohio Bobcats

One writer's view on their past game and the upcoming game vs the Cajuns

Five Thing Learned: Ohio Bobcats vs. Marshall Thundering Herd
    https://www.hustlebelt.com/2019/9/16.-analysis-2019

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Marshall gave Boise all they wanted at Smuf Field, Ohio was competitive with Pittsburgh who took Penn State to the limits.

While the comparative sample is small and not an absolute correlation it's interesting to say the least.
    This would be the biggest win for the program since the Nevada Bowl win 5 years ago.

We've beaten A-State twice during this time, but both times at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    One writer's view on their past game and the upcoming game vs the Cajuns

Five Thing Learned: Ohio Bobcats vs. Marshall Thundering Herd
    https://www.hustlebelt.com/2019/9/16.-analysis-2019
    This sounds like it's setting up to be a UL vs. stAte game last year.

We need to run, run, run and get a couple of key stops because they are going to score.

Thing is, Oiler is usually one of the Debbie Downers on this board.so I’m not sure if his optimism makes me happy or frieghtened.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information