Thread: 2019 PreGame: Ohio Bobcats

Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Cajuns open as 6.5 point dogs to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Cajuns open as 6 point dogs to Ohio
    Motivation

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In regards to the kicking game, did you know that Alabama has missed more kicks and extra points than any school in the country since 2005? Learned that on the broadcast yesterday.
    Yes, Saban received a lot of criticism when he was putting all of the Top 5 recruiting classes together, but couldn't get a competent D1 kicker.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...hasnt-problem/

https://www.theringer.com/2018/9/14/...ems-nick-saban

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...am/1203604002/

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Cajuns open as 6.5 point dogs to Ohio
    Realistically it’s probably -3.5

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I like our chances if the defense can play well and keep their scoring down. Then we can do what we do best on offense, run with short passing attack, keep the ball and not let them get ahead. It will be our first test against similar talent so far this year. Should be interesting.
    I think this will be true against any team we play this year. This offense will score points, the question is if we can slow down other teams.

If we can hold a team to under 24 points, I like our chances.

I’d prefer a 17 point containment for our chances. In case Levi gets cold.

We will win this game. Too much talent on offense and Levi will just get better.

Marshall amasses 305 rushing yards. They must’ve wore the line down in the second at least enough to keep the point deficit at manageable. They only scored 6 pts in second half. They gave up 14 to Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Marshall amasses 305 rushing yards. They must’ve wore the line down in the second at least enough to keep the point deficit at manageable. They only scored 6 pts in second half. They gave up 14 to Ohio.
    They lost a lot off of the defensive from last year. If we can avoid turnovers and establish the running game, like we have in the first three weeks, we should be fine.

No turnovers and hit on a few deep posts or just deep balls in general to keep them from stacking the box. If we can do that we will win in a shootout.

Have to convert every FG attempt though.

My only concern is their QB and his ability to run and scramble to extend plays for the passing game. no secret, the true dual threat QB has been a major weakness for our Defense in the past. IF coach and the improved depth, talent, and discipline allow us to keep their QB in check, watch out, the score wont even be close. Big win for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    My only concern is their QB and his ability to run and scramble to extend plays for the passing game. no secret, the true dual threat QB has been a major weakness for our Defense in the past. IF coach and the improved depth, talent, and discipline allow us to keep their QB in check, watch out, the score wont even be close. Big win for Louisiana
    That’s my biggest concern as well

Ohio is only a 3 point favorite now.

13. Default Re: Ohio Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Ohio is only a 3 point favorite now.
    We kicked a field goal.

Tulane is a 3.5 pt favorite at home against Houston. Tulane getting some much deserved respect I think. They have a good team.

ESPN has the line at Ohio -3.5.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information