Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G3: Louisiana 77, Texas Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    This is my takeaway as well. We did what we were supposed to.
    On a related note, I've been hearing a few people say it's not good that we ran up the score but I'm not seeing what we could have really done short of turning the ball over or not scoring on purpose. We shortened the length of the quarters and played fourth string and freshmen players and still scored. What else could we have done? Besides, no one felt bad when we and other g5 teams have gotten pummeled in the past by p5 teams..
    We did what we were suppose to do. Waking up this morning after watching that game had me singing “pig in a blanket”.

On a related note, I've been hearing a few people say it's not good that we ran up the score but I'm not seeing what we could have really done short of turning the ball over or not scoring on purpose. We shortened the length of the quarters and played fourth string and freshmen players and still scored. What else could we have done? Besides, no one felt bad when we and other g5 teams have gotten pummeled in the past by p5 teams..
    Exactly...no one tells the P5s crap when it’s 55+ - 0

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Exactly...no one tells the P5s crap when it's 55+ - 0
    Who is telling us something?

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I really hate games like this. The winning team has proved nothing and the losing team gets demoralized. Thankfully, the coaches agreed to 10 minute quarters in the second half. There was no need to continue risking injury to players. The 10 minute quarters shows the type of person coach Napier is. First class all the way.

It gave me a chance to walk around the stadium just to look. I noticed that people will eat the most God awful stuff at a football game. What appeared to be nachos was the worst I saw.
    Playing lots of guys who normally don’t get to see the field on game day was great. Not sure how much else we got from this game in regards to preparing for the conference season. Similar situation to playing Loyola in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Who is telling us something?
    I don’t know...ask Feeldarage...he’s the one who heard people complaining

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I don't know...ask Feeldarage...he's the one who heard people complaining
    Well Fak’em

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Playing lots of guys who normally don’t get to see the field on game day was great. Not sure how much else we got from this game in regards to preparing for the conference season. Similar situation to playing Loyola in basketball.
    From an opponent standpoint, probably, but the equivalent in basketball would be not only dominating the scoreboard, but shooting 65%+ from the field and over 50% from 3 pt range.

I thought we really executed well, which hasn't always been the case against FCS teams we have played in the past. We didn't turn the ball over and never punted AND played a ton of young kids to boot.

I would love to know who was complaining. We played nearly 90 of our players Saturday night and played them significantly. If I remember correctly, Levi didn't even play an entire half. Those guys were so bad and I actually found myself feeling bad for them but there's not much we can do, not to mention we went to them to shorten the game.

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

Anyone complaining about "running up the score" needs to shut the hell up. When a coach agrees to 10 min quarters, that's allowing the other team to wave the white flag. There was no malicious intent, there were no low class showings, there was no ill will from one side or the other.

Our roster needed minutes and we got that. Can we bring back football fans to the stadium please?!

We played everyone but the vendors and the fans.....

If they had played 15 minute quarters, basinbear and I would have gotten into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    If they had played 15 minute quarters, basinbear and I would have gotten into the game.
    Boomer woulda been kicking extra points

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    No, I was signed in to my provider ... that is not the problem.

I called ESPN+ support and was finally able to confirm that YouTubeTV is not considered an affiliate ... despite the fact that I get ESPN through YouTube TV and am able to purchaser ESPN+. There are many streaming providers that have ESPN in their lineup, but are not authorized for ESPN3.

Brian
    YTTV dropped ESPN3 service about a month ago. It stinks because you can't purchase ESPN3 outright like you can ESPN+. Really anything on ESPN3 should be on ESPN+ at this point.

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

They were scoring 1.5 points a minute.

On a 60-minute pace to score 92+ points.

Since they were driving and so close to scoring again they were on pace to score 99 points if they score again in the next :30 seconds.

On pace to score 112 with Levi Lewis in the game.

Considering this was not a turnover driven game, (zero in fact) it ranks as the best offensive game "ever" in the history of the school. Regardless of opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Boomer woulda been kicking extra points
    And immediately after the game all 3 bodies would have been sent to Martin and Castille....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information