Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G3: Louisiana 77, Texas Southern 6

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Betting questions, are bets void when times of games are changed. I could argue those 10 minutes would have given tsu a chance to cover
    MAT could answer that. As far as TSU covering in full time, better chance of snow as fans were leaving the stadium tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I'm thankful both coaches agreed to keep playing and not running plays just to get to the end. That kind of playing is what leads to things getting chippy. Credit to both teams, no taunting or frustration displayed. Maturity on both sidelines.
    Napier actually brought up the idea of playing the 10 minute quarters

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Texas Southern

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    MAT could answer that. As far as TSU covering in full time, better chance of snow as fans were leaving the stadium tonight.
    MAT has been taking the other team all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Not great but an improvement over last week
    Liberty beat Buffalo FWIW.

And Ohio lost to Marshall

Yes we played a nobody. I understand that. But I am impressed with the progress this program has made in a very short time. The blueprint he is using is building a winner. His process and plan is very detailed and is working. They had some young kids on that field tonight that looked awfully talented. The future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Yes we played a nobody. I understand that. But I am impressed with the progress this program has made in a very short time. The blueprint he is using is building a winner. His process and plan is very detailed and is working. They had some young kids on that field tonight that looked awfully talented. The future is bright.
    The important thing is we beat a nobody the way we were supposed to beat them.....I agree with your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Did we cover????

🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟
    By nearly double...

It's hard to gauge our team based on the opponent but they've put up some points this year. Having said that, they never really even threatened the endzone and we had a lot of starters pulled by late 2nd quarter. I was obviously happy with what I saw and it was good to see some good young players getting some solid reps.

I’m thinking 15 different players with a reception in one game has to be close to an NCAA record. I’ve looked around but can’t find that stat anywhere.

LL did what he needed to do. Looked more accurate as a passer. I think the throws the post route pretty well.

Ja’Vai has a funny motion, but gets the ball there quickly and pretty accurate as well. He executed the offense really well.

Clifton McDowell has a presence that the other two don’t have. I’m not saying that it’s better, just that when he steps on the field he looks the part and his throwing motion looks effortless. He has a strong arm and a just looks like he belongs.

Chandler Fields looked very good too. He had two of the best throws of the night. He was also quicker than what I thought he was. But the kid must be special, because for coaches to race about a player who doesn’t fit the physical profile of a position and can still impress means something.

We are set at QB for years if these kids stay in the program.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Betting questions, are bets void when times of games are changed. I could argue those 10 minutes would have given tsu a chance to cover
    Every shop reserves the right to void the bet. And every shop does it differently.

Good win Cajuns. Did what you needed to do.

I like the way Coach let the subs throw and catch the ball instead of just handing it off like in most blowouts.

Kind of wish the punter and FG kicker would have gotten some work in as those may be the weakest part of our team. But if we could play like this every week we will have no worries there either. GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    The important thing is we beat a nobody the way we were supposed to beat them.....I agree with your post.
    This is my takeaway as well. We did what we were supposed to.
    On a related note, I've been hearing a few people say it's not good that we ran up the score but I'm not seeing what we could have really done short of turning the ball over or not scoring on purpose. We shortened the length of the quarters and played fourth string and freshmen players and still scored. What else could we have done? Besides, no one felt bad when we and other g5 teams have gotten pummeled in the past by p5 teams..

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information