Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

UL Football Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

The students are complaining about the tailgating spot being moved when they were the ones asking for it lol also they want the music catered to them instead of being family friendly.

https://www.thevermilion.com/sports/.ead78149e.html
    Lachelle Smith

Default Re: Pregame Warmup Music

They can’t be happy about anything even when they are the ones that asked for the changes that were made

Default Re: Pregame Warmup Music

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The students are complaining about the tailgating spot being moved when they were the ones asking for it lol also they want the music catered to them instead of being family friendly.
    Well, I can understand their request for more student friendly music and including numbers from the band at halftime. But let me make several points, the first is all the students were pretty much gone after halftime. The 2nd is that they are the ones that requested student tailgating be returned to Cajun Field. I don't know anyone that is a regular season ticket holder that cared one way or the other. Now their seem to be a few on this board that stated it was needed, but now the actual students say they want it returned to the softball stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well, I can understand their request for more student friendly music and including numbers from the band at halftime. But let me make several points, the first is all the students were pretty much gone after halftime. The 2nd is that they are the ones that requested student tailgating be returned to Cajun Field. I don't know anyone that is a regular season ticket holder that cared one way or the other. Now their seem to be a few on this board that stated it was needed, but now the actual students say they want it returned to the softball stadium.
    I don’t know a single person that liked the tailgate where it was last year. They all complained it was too far away

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    But let me make several points, the first is all the students were pretty much gone after halftime.
    Heck, look at the video of C4L’s fly over and check out the student section. We need some serious work to get our future fan base growing.

6. Default Re: Pregame Warmup Music

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Three quotes no references does not a consensus make.

7. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

OH FOR ____ SAKE

This is what happens when you cater to people. They will complain just to complain. The Vermilion has been a rag for quite some time now, but this is just ridiculous. The SGA hasn't done their ____ing job for as long as I can remember. Maybe miss Smith and the rest of her 'organization' should shut the hell up and deliver the student section to football games before they start crying about anything else.

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

I almost threw up reading this article.

9. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Miss Smith, ignoring the fact that your article was poorly written, it's completely untrue. Had you done your due diligence, you'd have known that ample research, surveys and focus groups were done for this very reason. I know you couldn't wait to get back to your instaFace account to take pictures of yourself, or maybe it was to chase the PokeMan around in on coming traffic, but next time, before turning in this 3rd grade book report to your jackass editor, try getting the facts right.

"Without any consideration or input from students, the tailgate location was moved for the 2019 season. The Ragin’ Cajun Athletics department decided it would encourage their student attendance numbers by moving tailgate back to Cajun Field on the southside concourse of the stadium, making it somewhat inevitable for students to go in the game. The decision was made solely by people that are not students, but seem to feel inclined to know exactly what students want."

Pure nonsense.

I just think its ironic for as little true participation the students have in sporting events for the university they sure seem to do a lot of _____ing.

Let’s just go soup nazi on themNO TAILGATE SPOT FOR YOU!

12. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Speaking of the reported experience, Jonathan Stove nailed it.

"Probably on the students."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Three quotes no references does not a consensus make.
    Exactly.I was told by someone who spoke to numerous students on Saturday that they loved tailgating at the new spot and had a great time. I've got the feeling that the article was poorly written and poorly researchedor maybe she just has some personal axe to grind.

14. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Miss Smith, ignoring the fact that your article was poorly written, it's completely untrue. Had you done your due diligence, you'd have known that ample research, surveys and focus groups were done for this very reason. I know you couldn't wait to get back to your instaFace account to take pictures of yourself, or maybe it was to chase the PokeMan around in on coming traffic, but next time, before turning in this 3rd grade book report to your jackass editor, try getting the facts right.

"Without any consideration or input from students, the tailgate location was moved for the 2019 season. The Ragin' Cajun Athletics department decided it would encourage their student attendance numbers by moving tailgate back to Cajun Field on the southside concourse of the stadium, making it somewhat inevitable for students to go in the game. The decision was made solely by people that are not students, but seem to feel inclined to know exactly what students want."

Pure nonsense.
    For context, this is what we’re dealing with.

Maybe Miss Smith needs to learn the history of this great university and community before she continues with her ignorance. But again, judging by how poorly researched the article was, I doubt it will ever happen. Selfie time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And here we go.gee, I wonder what she is inferring?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information