Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

I know all generations think the one coming up is the death of us, and that that is a clichebut those ____ers are the death of us.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I got a text from Dr. Maggard this morning asking if I had time available on Bird's Eye View today for him to come by.

Why, yes. Yes I do.

I was going to write my own piece but I'll wait until after today's show.
    You'll have a good share of listeners today. Thanks for the heads up.

Whoever posted the picture of what I'm assuming is the student section for the Northwestern state game in 2015 on the writer's twitter may be on to something. Didn't they make the move to the intramural fields in 2016 or 2017? Now we were coming off our 4th straight bowl win and 9-4 season, but that's what the student needs to look like. I moved and missed all of 2015 and 16. When I came back in 17' the attendance (overall and on the student side) was very different.

I don't want to dump on this person. I don't see any malice in what she wrote. However, she published an objective piece and we are voicing our opinion towards her opinion. She should be prepared for people that know more about the situation to disagree with what she's written.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Her research? Did you actually read the article? This is an opinion piece that basically discusses her and her group of friends feelings on the subject. There is no objective survey that was conducted.
    She used social media to form her opinion.the same platform you preach is where everyone needs to go for information.so now Twitter isn’t credible?.look, I don’t agree with her, but by the looks of responses she is getting, theres obviously a contingent of students who don’t like the situation.again, I don’t agree with here, we/the admin won’t please everyone, so don’t twist this against me, but there is obviously not an interest from the student body as a whole and the issue needs to continue to be addressed to improve the situation

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    They've never wanted to be there. At what point do you need to stop at trying to beg and gimmick students to come to football games?
    You don’t stop.bc if they don’t show up now and us dinosaurs in attendance start kicking the bucket.there will be even less people attending in 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Whoever posted the picture of what I'm assuming is the student section for the Northwestern state game in 2015 on the writer's twitter may be on to something. Didn't they make the move to the intramural fields in 2016 or 2017? Now we were coming off our 4th straight bowl win and 9-4 season, but that's what the student needs to look like. I moved and missed all of 2015 and 16. When I came back in 17' the attendance (overall and on the student side) was very different.

I don't want to dump on this person. I don't see any malice in what she wrote. However, she published an objective piece and we are voicing our opinion towards her opinion. She should be prepared for people that know more about the situation to disagree with what she's written.
    I posted one of the pictures and I believe the student tailgate was moved in 2016

7. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    She used social media to form her opinion.the same platform you preach is where everyone needs to go for information.so now Twitter isn’t credible?.look, I don’t agree with her, but by the looks of responses she is getting, theres obviously a contingent of students who don’t like the situation.again, I don’t agree with here, we/the admin won’t please everyone, so don’t twist this against me, but there is obviously not an interest from the student body as a whole and the issue needs to continue to be addressed to improve the situation
    Twitter and credible should never be used in the same sentence.

The looks of her "responses"? You mean, her friends? C'mon Jeaux, you're smarter than that.

You can't please everyone, that's correct. So let's attract football fans, and the rest will be welcomed when it's time to join the bandwagon. Oh, and WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If you go to her twitter page she is clearly insinuating that the university catered to the white kids and student tailgating is now racist. That tells you all you need to know about this “writer”. last I checked everyone is free to go to where tailgating was last year and setup their own tailgate, their own music, their own food and drinksbut that would actually take work, these 4 people out of 19k would rather complain about something that is free and they do nothing for.
    This is what you get when you view the world thru the color of your skin and/or what you do with your genitalia. Myopic.

Winning fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

The looks of her "responses"? You mean, her friends?

You can't please everyone, that's correct. So let's attract football fans, and the rest will be welcomed when it's time to join the bandwagon. Oh, and WIN.
    Yep. I envy her friends, though. Mine would just bash me to be contrary even if they agreed with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If you go to her twitter page she is clearly insinuating that the university catered to the white kids and student tailgating is now racist. That tells you all you need to know about this “writer”. last I checked everyone is free to go to where tailgating was last year and setup their own tailgate, their own music, their own food and drinksbut that would actually take work, these 4 people out of 19k would rather complain about something that is free and they do nothing for.
    I didn't get that from visiting her page. Did she or someone else write something to give you that impression?

conversation is good whether you agree or disagree with her. Indifference is killing our program, not disagreement.

Dr Maggard should proceed forward full speed ahead. Student numbers at the game were all the proof he needs that he did the right thing.

The article that was written has no basis in reality. Frankly, I feel sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Twitter and credible should never be used in the same sentence.

The looks of her "responses"? You mean, her friends? C'mon Jeaux, you're smarter than that.

Be careful what you say.because the reality is a lot of people discredit message boards, when in fact very good ideas are born right here

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I didn't get that from visiting her page. Did she or someone else write something to give you that impression?
    When responding to the SGA she said “were your efforts towards all students or a certain demographic?” Basically did you only ask/listen to the white kids? There were a couple other comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I got a text from Dr. Maggard this morning asking if I had time available on Bird's Eye View today for him to come by.

Why, yes. Yes I do.

I was going to write my own piece but I'll wait until after today's show.
    What time do you expect him to come in?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information