Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Her research? Did you actually read the article? This is an opinion piece that basically discusses her and her group of friends feelings on the subject. There is no objective survey that was conducted.
    Agreed. It's a student who thinks she has the pulse and she is trying to be relevant. SGA and the Enquirer, ooops the vermillion, has always been irrelevant . Not much has changed since we been in school. Her 10 minutes of fame is up.

2. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    . . . Her 10 minutes of SHAME is up.
    Fixed it for you.

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I got a text from Dr. Maggard this morning asking if I had time available on Bird's Eye View today for him to come by.

Why, yes. Yes I do.

I was going to write my own piece but I'll wait until after today's show.
    He's been involved in the discussion since yesterday along with others including our coach. This piece did not go unnoticed to a number of people including rival program's writers that want to make this in to something more than it is, an opinion piece.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    comment under her article, and maybe the Vermillion will notice, this is after all a paid position that this student occupies and I'm sure that she is filling a slot that some individual who can actually put together a coherent sentence may want to occupy
    Last time I made a comment on Twitter to the Vermilion they blocked me. It was their Vermilion Sports account. Criticize them for any reason and they block you. So much for opposing views and freedom of speech.

That article is laughable. Plainly stated.

It was the students who wanted all of this in the first place. The administration went above and beyond to meet with SGA and many other student organization this past offseason to do what they could to bring students back to the game. The students now have in-game promos, they moved the tailgate back to the stadium, and they brought the student section back to where it was to a point to where season ticket holders sitting on that side had to be moved. What more would they want????

This dummy is too stupid to even see the forest through the trees. There were more students there for the first game than I can remember for any game during the last few years. That in itself gives a clearer picture as to how the students feel about the whole ordeal. Did she only ask how the person standing next to her felt about the move? I bet she did not even ask 10 people. The university is practically jerking students off to get them into the seats and they still complain.

I got a text from Dr. Maggard this morning asking if I had time available on Bird's Eye View today for him to come by.

Why, yes. Yes I do.

While you're at it, ask him about players music, volume, and other soundnotes that have been brought up on RP

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    This dummy is too stupid to even see the forest through the trees. There were more students there for the first game than I can remember for any game during the last few years. That in itself gives a clearer picture as to how the students feel about the whole ordeal. Did she only ask how the person standing next to her felt about the move? I bet she did not even ask 10 people. The university is practically jerking students off to get them into the seats and they still complain.
    Did she even attend the game in her capacity as sports editor for the Campus newspaper?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Did she even attend the game in her capacity as sports editor for the Campus newspaper?
    This idiot is really endearing herself to UL Alumni , the same people she will ask for a job after graduation. I know a lot of UL students who are die hard. Obviously her social circles are very small.

If you go to her twitter page she is clearly insinuating that the university catered to the white kids and student tailgating is now racist. That tells you all you need to know about this “writer”. last I checked everyone is free to go to where tailgating was last year and setup their own tailgate, their own music, their own food and drinksbut that would actually take work, these 4 people out of 19k would rather complain about something that is free and they do nothing for.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    good catch

Why, yes. Yes I do.

I’m looking forward to the conversion and the article

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If you go to her twitter page she is clearly insinuating that the university catered to the white kids and student tailgating is now racist. That tells you all you need to know about this “writer”. last I checked everyone is free to go to where tailgating was last year and setup their own tailgate, their own music, their own food and drinksbut that would actually take work, these 4 people out of 19k would rather complain about something that is free and they do nothing for.
    CNN hire to be.

Yeah, she went there.

That alone loses credibility with me.

Well, I wasn't going to say itlol

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information