Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Miss Smith, ignoring the fact that your article was poorly written, it's completely untrue. Had you done your due diligence, you'd have known that ample research, surveys and focus groups were done for this very reason. I know you couldn't wait to get back to your instaFace account to take pictures of yourself, or maybe it was to chase the PokeMan around in on coming traffic, but next time, before turning in this 3rd grade book report to your jackass editor, try getting the facts right.

"Without any consideration or input from students, the tailgate location was moved for the 2019 season. The Ragin’ Cajun Athletics department decided it would encourage their student attendance numbers by moving tailgate back to Cajun Field on the southside concourse of the stadium, making it somewhat inevitable for students to go in the game. The decision was made solely by people that are not students, but seem to feel inclined to know exactly what students want."

Pure nonsense.
    The students wanted to move the tailgate spot back to the stadium. That’s one of the reasons they weren’t atttending lol

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

In the article she quoted a number of students. I'm just trying to figure out what these kids need in order to go to a football game and enjoy it? They are saying all kinds of stuff like its not interactive enough, the band doesn't play student friendly songs and its "too family friendly". Why would the university cater to the student when 25 of them show up every game. This is a quote from one of the students in the article:

“The music is boring and everything is catered to families (even though we have family day) instead of us college students. Needs to be more interactive to hold our attention.”

Apparently they want to do keg stands after every score and have X-box's set up so they can play games while the football game is going on or something that entertains them outside of the actual game itself. When I go, I go to see the game and I always have even when I was a student.

3. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Someone from the SGA or any of the focus group surveyed needs to defend the decision. Publicly. Better yet, someone that knows Miss Smith needs to get her to come onto RP so that we can have a conversation. If she wrote that piece with conviction, there should be no problem with that.

This is a personal hit job. I know for a fact that countless hours were spent concerning this situation, so Miss Smith needs to be held to account for her position.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Someone from the SGA or any of the focus group surveyed needs to defend the decision. Publicly. Better yet, someone that knows Miss Smith needs to get her to come onto RP so that we can have a conversation. If she wrote that piece with conviction, there should be no problem with that.

This is a personal hit job. I know for a fact that countless hours were spent concerning this situation, so Miss Smith needs to be held to account for her position.
    She's active on Twitter obviously. Go to her page and invite her.

I’ve been saying for years.do something similar to basketball 3-point shot for cash.have a challenge at the end of each quarter with a rolling pot

6. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In the article she quoted a number of students. I'm just trying to figure out what these kids need in order to go to a football game and enjoy it? They are saying all kinds of stuff like its not interactive enough, the band doesn't play student friendly songs and its "too family friendly". AKA - Not enough cursing or violence or filth to get their fix. Why would the university cater to the student when 25 of them show up every game. This is a quote from one of the students in the article:

“The music is boring and everything is catered to families (even though we have family day) instead of us college students. Needs to be more interactive to hold our attention.” AKA - The band doesn't play hip hop or whatever today's garbage music is called now.

Apparently they want to do keg stands after every score and have X-box's set up so they can play games while the football game is going on or something that entertains them outside of the actual game itself. When I go, I go to see the game and I always have even when I was a student.

Notice, not a single opposing view in the entire article. Couldn't find a single person that did like the new (old) set up. Her interviews are probably her leaning over to her annoying ___ friends and asking their opinion. It's a hit job. She and her friends didn't have a great time, so she decided to write about it. That's it.

7. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    She's active on Twitter obviously. Go to her page and invite her.
    I got off of twitter a while back. Someone invite her. I'll behave, I swear.

Personally I think the only students that we need to speak to are the Fraternities and sororities. The rest of the student body will follow because these groups will have the best set ups (loudest music, grills, drinks, ETC) with the most people.

9. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    Personally I think the only students that we need to speak to are the Fraternities and sororities. The rest of the student body will follow because these groups will have the best set ups (loudest music, grills, drinks, ETC) with the most people.
    Dude, greek life is garbage compared to what it used to be. In theory, I agree. But in reality, it's just not the same anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I’ve been saying for years.do something similar to basketball 3-point shot for cash.have a challenge at the end of each quarter with a rolling pot
    I thought they still did the kick for cash still but I’m not sure. You used to win at least $100 if you made a field goal and if you missed you still won a gift card

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    And here we go.gee, I wonder what she is inferring?
    That tweet is word salad.can we pleas shut this bishop?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I thought they still did the kick for cash still but I’m not sure. You used to win at least $100 if you made a field goal and if you missed you still won a gift card
    Stop.just stop with the gimmicks

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Stop.just stop with the gimmicks
    You may not like them, but something needs to be done.same with this article, we all may not agree with her and her research, but the numbers aren’t lying.the students don’t want to be there

I saw the students while they were tailgating and they looks like they were having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I saw the students while they were tailgating and they looks like they were having a great time.
    And from what Napier said on Monday, they appreciated the support from the students that were there and they made a difference. He told them to bring 3-4 friends with them next time

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information