Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

1. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    The intermuriel fields, where the students tailgated last year, should have been perfect for the students. They were right next to Faternity and Sorority Rows, beautiful green grass, lots of shade trees, and space to play!
    You could have a student tailgate on the 50 damn yard line. It's not about the location. It's a sign of the times.

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    The intermuriel fields, where the students tailgated last year, should have been perfect for the students. They were right next to Faternity and Sorority Rows, beautiful green grass, lots of shade trees, and space to play!
    All true, but that area is no longer where the intramural fields are located: the IF moved to the other side, along coliseum rd and st Landry.

Students: We want the band to play songs like the HBCU bands!

Administration: Texas Southern is brining their band and playing at half.

Students that were complaining: We’re still not going to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You should not post when you are clueless. They have the highest enrollment in US. 2018 - over 68,000
    You're right about posting when clueless. Those 68000 arent all on main campus. The feeder college, Valencia,also includes those numbers. UcF also has multiple campuses that are nowhere near the main campus area.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And a hundred thousand tourists a day visit their city. I’m sure a percentage of guys venture on over to the Bounce House.
    I doubt that. The tourist district is 35 miles from main campus.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    You're right about posting when clueless. Those 68000 arent all on main campus. The feeder college, Valencia,also includes those numbers. UcF also has multiple campuses that are nowhere near the main campus area.
    Check Troy’s numbers. Same story. Of course we only count full time students. O, wait...
    It’s a numbers game. Bigger the better.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    Check Troy’s numbers. Same story. Of course we only count full time students. O, wait...
    It’s a numbers game. Bigger the better.
    UCF’s main campus in 2015 had an undergraduate population of 50,233 on its main campus. The other 9 remote campus locations accounted for 8,000 students.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I doubt that. The tourist district is 35 miles from main campus.
    Several people that I talked to when I went were visiting Disney. One of the booster at UCF told me they get a nice contingent of visitors every home game.

I don't know why anyone is downplaying what UCF has accomplished. Those guys are legit and have the most intimidating G5 atmosphere in the country. That place gets to bouncing under the lights and it’s awesome.

I'm not downplaying it, just don't underestimate how much winning had to do with it. It is amazing how smart an administration can be when you lose one game (by 8 against LSU) in 2.25 seasons.

Last home game they lost was to Tulsa in 2016, they had 35,000 attendees. Home attendance at Stanford was 45,000.

I spy the strongest DL since Ringo and Co., an SEC-quality OL, and THREE running backs that each would be the featured backs for some SEC schools that are hurting like Tennessee and Ole Miss. If a student can’t get out of their own way to come watch this team then they deserve the regret that follows. Those of us that were in the stands when Brett Baer kicked that field goal or when the goal posts came down...we know success is just a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I spy the strongest DL since Ringo and Co., an SEC-quality OL, and THREE running backs that each would be the featured backs for some SEC schools that are hurting like Tennessee and Ole Miss. If a student can’t get out of their own way to come watch this team then they deserve the regret that follows. Those of us that were in the stands when Brett Baer kicked that field goal or when the goal posts came down...we know success is just a moment.
    We also currently lead the country in rushing yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    You're still in the middle of it. Hell, you're right across the street, can see the stadium, hear the PA and bands warming up. I don't understand the desire to sit on top of one another in a dusty hot ___ parking lot. You obviously haven't been to many college football settings across the country
    If people felt “in the middle of it” outside the athletic complex they’d be putting up tents across Congress St. or at Blackham.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If people felt “in the middle of it” outside the athletic complex they’d be putting up tents across Congress St. or at Blackham.
    Sounds like a great idea, and free.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    You want interactive? Try putting the phone down and interacting. Tailgate with friends. Join one of the many groups engaged in game-day activity. Cheer for your team. Heckle the opposing team. Make a sign for TV exposure. Dress in costume. There are infinite ways to be interactive at a football game. The students 50 miles east don’t have this problem. Their problem is admission. Not free and not abundantly available.

Alternatively, you can do what I did: park cars before the game for money, and clean the stadium after for philanthropy. In between, I was in the stands. FREE FOOTBALL, PEOPLE. I was too poor to not take advantage of free entertainment options.
    Cheers to you my friend; you wanted something, you went out and earned $ to get it. I would be honored to buy you a beer! Keep that attitude! That is what makes us what we are.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information