Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I was told students can’t tailgate over night anymore. Is that true?

Some of my best memories from college were tailgating Friday night into Saturday. If this is true, it’s a major mistake IMO.
    I never knew that was a thing

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We walked to the student tailgate and basically nothing was different than when we were students during the Bustle years. Maybe a few less spots. There was no tailgating in the parking lot right by the trees, though. I remember that used to be a place were you could set up.

I get the “we had open space” argument, but you’re now part of the experience again by being at the stadium. You walk right up because god forbid you have to cross the street and walk a few hundred yards to get into the stadium for the game. That was Moses wandering the desert for some students.

This person’s time is up. Move on to the next “controversy.”

I did see some pretty high up members of the athletic department wearing black yesterday, though. The coaching staff. Message received.
    Yeah, I liked the idea of the students tailgating in the park. It's a much nicer, cooler environment for tailgating. I was hoping that other fans would also migrate to that area. It's a perfect setting and still VERY close to the stadium. But like you said, God forbid walking a few hundred yards.

3. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    From reading Twitter, anyone who wants to have a discussion about the article is considered racist for not 💯 agreeing with it. 🤦🏻
    All I can say is that it really hurts to see the school in the South that led the way to integration by literally decades has to be called upon to defend our recordcheck the records and the anti USL rant because of our leadership on racecome to an athletic reunion and see the band of brothers (Black and White) and the love between themor come to an athletic function and see the love these guys have for each other please stop with the race card!

4. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    All I can say is that it really hurts to see the school in the South that led the way to integration by literally decades has to be called upon to defend our recordcheck the records and the anti USL rant because of our leadership on racecome to an athletic reunion and see the band of brothers (Black and White) and the love between themor come to an athletic function and see the love these guys have for each other please stop with the race card!
    This needs to be framed and hung up somewhere.

I agree with you here Boomer. Everyone who attends this university should learn about its history. Especially before spouting off about racism.

Very well said Boomer. I wish more young people knew the real story about the history of our university and how we lead the way on this issue.

7. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Nothing to lose sleep over, Boom. It's just a handful of idiotic malcontents looking to manufacture some drama so that they can be the center of attention. Mush brain morons that have no idea what a "struggle" actually is. The folks that know the history of this University and our community as a whole should remain proud. Speaking of pride, that's another thing these young bucks don't have. Just keyboards and over active imaginations.

8. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Logic from evidence is very elusive in the 21st century. People prefer to come to a conclusion, ignor pertinent facts, and latch onto non pertinent beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Yeah, I liked the idea of the students tailgating in the park. It's a much nicer, cooler environment for tailgating. I was hoping that other fans would also migrate to that area. It's a perfect setting and still VERY close to the stadium. But like you said, God forbid walking a few hundred yards.
    If tailgating was all about a nice location we’d all be at Girard Park instead of gravel parking lots. It’s about being in the middle of the game experience. And even though it isn’t that far away, tailgating over there still makes you feel like you aren’t a part of the experience.

10. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    If tailgating was all about a nice location we’d all be at Girard Park instead of gravel parking lots. It’s about being in the middle of the game experience. And even though it isn’t that far away, tailgating over there still makes you feel like you aren’t a part of the experience.
    Kinda like one of the most famous tailgating setups in the country, The Grove?

The fact is, there are plenty of examples of these types of setups being preferred by fanbases. The location should not matter. The desire to be there is what's important. When you WANT to be part of the experience, you'll make it work. When you have to be coerced to participate, you'll complain just because you know you have leverage. (That's the only real downside to reaching out to the student body. They realize they're needed and will exploit it to the fullest extent.)

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I agree that the Bourgeois setting is ideal for tailgating. I wish they’d open up again, this time for the general public.
    On a side note, but one well worth mentioning, in listening to Dr. Maggard this week I was really impressed with is pronunciation of Bourgeois. It was spot on. He has really integrated himself into our culture in a short period of time. Not just Bourgeois, but he always gets all the pronunciations right, not always an easy thing for a ‘yankee,’ lol. More proof of his integrity and dedication to getting the job done right.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You're still in the middle of it. Hell, you're right across the street, can see the stadium, hear the PA and bands warming up. I don't understand the desire to sit on top of one another in a dusty hot ___ parking lot. You obviously haven't been to many college football settings across the country

13. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Maybe the day will come where that spot will be needed for tailgating.

You are right on the money Boomer

That BS does not fit here

The intermuriel fields, where the students tailgated last year, should have been perfect for the students. They were right next to Faternity and Sorority Rows, beautiful green grass, lots of shade trees, and space to play!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information