Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

1. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well when your finished eating, let us know.
    Back home. The Cajuns scored a whole lot tonight. Needed a bucket.

Seemed like more than 20k, oh well we performed how we should have. Just unfortunate our next home game although a huge one is a weekday night and no more Sat. Nights till November. Let’s keep winning! Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    UCF had to turn away 5000 students today. They all had some black on.
    UCF is becoming the best in game experience in CFB.

It doesn’t hurt that they are the largest on campus student population in the country.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    UCF is becoming the best in game experience in CFB.

It doesn’t hurt that they are the largest on campus student population in the country.
    And a hundred thousand tourists a day visit their city. I’m sure a percentage of guys venture on over to the Bounce House.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And a hundred thousand tourists a day visit their city. I’m sure a percentage of guys venture on over to the Bounce House.
    Im sure they do. They created an atmosphere the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Im sure they do. They created an atmosphere the right way.
    Winning

Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

My a thought on yesterday’s attendance is that was a decent crowd. The expansion of the stadium has killed the utilization of the student side of the field. Was not great idea or use if funds In hindsight. We should have improved what we already had.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Winning
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Winning
    Of course that helps, but they still developed quite the atmosphere. It’s a very rowdy place. Especially under the lights.

I feel like we could go on a run of 5 straight 9 or 10 win seasons and some of our fans would still just sit on their hands.

Did our protestors show up? In Black?

I walked around to the student side 1 hour before game time to check it out. I didn't notice anything different. All of the tailgate groups were having a great time. Seems her 15 minutes are up.

12. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I walked around to the student side 1 hour before game time to check it out. I didn't notice anything different. All of the tailgate groups were having a great time. Seems her 15 minutes are up.
    Send her a black rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    We walked to the student tailgate and basically nothing was different than when we were students during the Bustle years. Maybe a few less spots. There was no tailgating in the parking lot right by the trees, though. I remember that used to be a place were you could set up.

I get the “we had open space” argument, but you’re now part of the experience again by being at the stadium. You walk right up because god forbid you have to cross the street and walk a few hundred yards to get into the stadium for the game. That was Moses wandering the desert for some students.

This person’s time is up. Move on to the next “controversy.”

I did see some pretty high up members of the athletic department wearing black yesterday, though. The coaching staff. Message received.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We walked to the student tailgate and basically nothing was different than when we were students during the Bustle years. Maybe a few less spots. There was no tailgating in the parking lot right by the trees, though. I remember that used to be a place were you could set up.

I get the “we had open space” argument, but you’re now part of the experience again by being at the stadium. You walk right up because god forbid you have to cross the street and walk a few hundred yards to get into the stadium for the game. That was Moses wandering the desert for some students.

This person’s time is up. Move on to the next “controversy.”

I did see some pretty high up members of the athletic department wearing black yesterday, though. The coaching staff. Message received.
    The reason for not tailgating by the trees is because of the handicap spots. If they moved the handicap spots to the home side then the student tailgate space wouldn’t be an issue.

15. Default Re: Growing Pains: Student Tailgating

I was told students can’t tailgate over night anymore. Is that true?

Some of my best memories from college were tailgating Friday night into Saturday. If this is true, it’s a major mistake IMO.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information