Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Levi doubters...

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree but if you watched the game thread this past weekend, you'd swear we were far worse off than last year or with JD or anybody over the last 4-5 years.
    In game threads are not for the faint of heart. I always thought it would be cool if people had to use a breathalyzer before posting. Then you could look at blood alcohol levels with each message. It would give great context to the in game outbursts.
    I traveled with the team once for an away game and was sad to see how many players read the game thread on their way home.

Default Re: Levi doubters...

Man, he looked bad. His kicks were not even close! In particular the one he pulled and hooked left after the first miss that went right. Wow.
    Kickoffs were outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    In game threads are not for the faint of heart. I always thought it would be cool if people had to use a breathalyzer before posting. Then you could look at blood alcohol levels with each message. It would give great context to the in game outbursts.
    I traveled with the team once for an away game and was sad to see how many players read the game thread on their way home.
    This was funny as hell yet disturbing at the same time....

Reading the game thread as a player is definitely not advisable. It can give you feedback, but you have to have very thick skin and look at the criticism objectively. Most people who criticize don’t see the whole picture. One bad play by a LB could make a FS look out of position and get the blame for something that wasn’t his fault. Or a bad throw by LL could be because a WR ran the wrong route or read man when it was zone. All of those things that film breakdown and coaches identify are what matters.

This current team is pretty good. Even with our limitations we have a chance at a great season. Quit turning the ball over, hit on 60% of the deep balls and we will be really hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I only read the game thread for comic relief. Talk about emotional swings, it's like everyone on there is pregnant.
    LOL. So true. It's a roller coaster for sure. I tend to LOL the day after the game when reading the whole thing.

6. Default Re: Levi doubters...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK
    I only read the game thread for comic relief. Talk about emotional swings, it's like everyone on there is pregnant.
    Finally (after 17 years) a good GameDay, GameTime, GamePlay, BetweenPlay emotional reference to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Reading the game thread as a player is definitely not advisable. It can give you feedback, but you have to have very thick skin and look at the criticism objectively. Most people who criticize don’t see the whole picture. One bad play by a LB could make a FS look out of position and get the blame for something that wasn’t his fault. Or a bad throw by LL could be because a WR ran the wrong route or read man when it was zone. All of those things that film breakdown and coaches identify are what matters.

This current team is pretty good. Even with our limitations we have a chance at a great season. Quit turning the ball over, hit on 60% of the deep balls and we will be really hard to beat.
    Especially when most of the guys giving their 2 cents have had ample beverages all day.

8. Default Re: Levi doubters...

Especially when most of the guys giving their 2 cents have had ample beverages all day.
    And it gets very amusing with the ones that try to give a nickel.

EXACTLY! His vision, his reads. And that happened more than once the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The only really concerning thing i saw this week was that on the deep interception, he had an underneath receiver in his direct line of vision who was 20 yards downfield and completely uncovered.

10. Default

This is an excellent idea.

Everyone should preface their post with amount of beverages they’ve had. Kinda like on Dan Patrick, when the callers give their height and weight.

Agree on how often players look at the board. It’s why I try to not name people individually. It’s one thing to critique a position, it’s another thing to post a kid’s name in a subject line and rip him.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The only really concerning thing i saw this week was that on the deep interception, he had an underneath receiver in his direct line of vision who was 20 yards downfield and completely uncovered.
    Coach brought up that play during his show on Monday. "...very displeased with that."

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Coach brought up that play during his show on Monday. "...very displeased with that."
    It's been an ongoing concern with Levi. I know while he was talking about his improvement in fall camp, I had seen him throw at several practices and knew he was not throwing well on the deep routes. We've all seen vast improvements in his decision making and execution, but in my opinion going forward the offense will have to hit a few of those passes against the better defenses like App State, Troy and Ark State for us to have a chance at getting a win.

The reactions in a game thread are spontaneous responses (ususally) to plays that have just taken place. I know for me, it's like you see a play happen, you react, sometimes good, sometimes bad, depends on the play, no different than if you sitting in the stands, turn to your wife, girlfriend, buddy, etc.. and you describe what you just saw. It's not meant to be some analysis and breakdown of a play with the background of the player, and what type of person they are all mixed into the comment. If you read the thread later, it can be taken out of context, because you are not seeing the play that goes with the comment. jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's been an ongoing concern with Levi. I know while he was talking about his improvement in fall camp, I had seen him throw at several practices and knew he was not throwing well on the deep routes. We've all seen vast improvements in his decision making and execution, but in my opinion going forward the offense will have to hit a few of those passes against the better defenses like App State, Troy and Ark State for us to have a chance at getting a win.
    Napier has tried to make Lewis a pocket passer the last two games in the 1st half with minimal sucess. Hopefully, he learned that it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and plays to Lewis strength . The only way lewis can be successful is to use his legs or roll out of the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Personally I think its important for players to get thick skin and I couldn’t care less if they read the board as long as they know we are all a bunch of amateur couch quarterbacks.

Was watching a good short documentary that the athletic did on Nick Saban and something he said really stuck with me. How players need to know their mistakes and weaknesses otherwise they cannot improve. Never let a mistake or error not be a lesson. The best players always want to know how they did on every play, good or bad.

With that said it is still scary that they would read this board with all the negativity.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information