Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi doubters...

Default Re: Levi doubters...

Those of you who continually bash Levi have to give him credit. How about eight plays, 84 yards and a touchdown pass in the two minute drill. That series was one of the best we've seen in a while. Levi was 4-4 in the drive, including the pass to the tight end for 19 on a third down play. He was clutch in that drive which was the most important of the game. That gave us the lead at halftime and we were able to play "make it, take it" with another touchdown after the second half kickoff.

He was big at the biggest point in the game.

Barring injury Levi will be the QB for this year and next year. It is currently one of the least competitive position battles on the team.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Barring injury Levi will be the QB for this year and next year. It is currently one of the least competitive position battles on the team.
    And y’all can keep repeating that, but that has nothing to do with evaluating what we’re seeing on the field.

4. Default Re: Levi doubters...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I found Javi did well for throwing 2 balls ..the swing pass was right in the WR hands and not 4 feet above or at the WR ankles .. he missed on the fade seemed it was miss communication between him and the WR & he was visibly upset about it.
    You and Levi are almost as bad as MSM and Trump. Give it a break and try to enjoy the good moments, otherwise it will be a long, long, long, long, long season for you. Did I say LONG? 🥵

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And y’all can keep repeating that, but that has nothing to do with evaluating what we’re seeing on the field.
    It’s much more likely our kicking game will cost us a game than our QB play.

What kicking game?

7. Default

QB play has already, cost us a game.

Look, I think Levi has some valuable tools, plenty of room to grow, and the work ethic to attempt to do it.

At this stage, however, we are obviously limited with what we can successfully run offensively because of his skill set and how far behind the other QBs seem to be.

It is what it is.

I think the kicking game has a lot to do with the holder. Stevie kicked the laces several times.

It’s a helpless feeling knowing that a 40 yard field goal is a very tall order of not an automatic miss. I want the guy to do well, but I’m really glad it didn’t come down to making a FG.

QB play has already, cost us a game.

Look, I think Levi has some valuable tools, plenty of room to grow, and the work ethic to attempt to do it.

At this stage, however, we are obviously limited with what we can successfully run offensively because of his skill set and how far behind the other QBs seem to be.

It is what it is.
    Not trying to change your mind and I have said this multiple times. He did not cost us because is replacements are not as good as him. As I have said repeatedly, it is much more likely we have zero D1 QBs thane multiple. Good players do not sit the bench at UL.

And if true it's a bummer. How can you be satisfied with adequate? So, we can beat some bad teams. How about we try and get the position to a level where we can beat good teams. We are spinning our wheels if we repeat last year.

12. Default

Not trying to change your mind and I have said this multiple times. He did not cost us because is replacements are not as good as him. As I have said repeatedly, it is much more likely we have zero D1 QBs thane multiple. Good players do not sit the bench at UL.
    Ok, the QB position cost us a game.

The QB position was not solely to blame, but was the key contributing factor to the loss, IMO.

Coaches responsibility to get talent that can play at a D1 FBS level. Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Coaches responsibility to get talent that can play at a D1 FBS level. Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruiting.
    Yes it is. Unfortunately we are pretty low in the pecking order for QBs who can run and throw. Even a school like LSU can’t get multiple good players at that position.

And y'all can keep repeating that, but that has nothing to do with evaluating what we're seeing on the field.
    I don’t think Metry is discounting limitations Levi may have. I just think he is simply pointing out none of the other options are close to pressing him at this time. That position is not as much a concern to me as the kicker getting his head straight is right now. Hopefully he can make a field goal soon in order to get some confidence. I feel for the kid. Practice is one thing but only way he turns this around is to deliver when you have to stay mentally strong and deliver.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information