Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi doubters...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So you saying in a couple weeks we may be back shopping for a QB at Albertsons or Rouses again?
    *Super 1 Foods is the Official Grocery Store, maybe if we had to do that, we should start there.

2. Default Re: Levi doubters...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    *Super 1 Foods is the Official Grocery Store, maybe if we had to do that, we should start there.
    ✔️😜

Default Re: Levi doubters...

Wow. You literally have zero concept of what I'm pointing out. Go watch the replay and look for the drives that he aided with long runs from scrambling away from sacks. Or a designed run for TD. You're clueless. No, not literally anyone can do that, AKA Andre Nunez sucked at it last year. Dude couldn't avoid a sack to save his life.

I don't really care what you think, because it's clear that you aren't watching very closely. Are you expecting f'n Drew Brees? Get a grip dude.
    I expect a FBS scholarship QB to be able to complete a pass to a wide open WR past 15 yards ... his only redeeming quality his coach does not wants him to do as far as Nunez the guy was a walk on and threw 20Tds... imagine what a real QB could do .

My real question is how can you hand the ball off and scramble away from a sack?

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Let us know what you decide so we can let Nap know.
    Nap’s the coach. I trust whatever decision he makes. But, as a fan and supporter, I have a right to form an opinion.

Wow. You literally have zero concept of what I’m pointing out. Go watch the replay and look for the drives that he aided with long runs from scrambling away from sacks. Or a designed run for TD. You’re clueless. No, not literally anyone can do that, AKA Andre Nunez sucked at it last year. Dude couldn’t avoid a sack to save his life.

I don’t really care what you think, because it’s clear that you aren’t watching very closely. Are you expecting f’n Drew Brees? Get a grip dude.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣 they be going hard

Wow. You literally have zero concept of what I’m pointing out. Go watch the replay and look for the drives that he aided with long runs from scrambling away from sacks. Or a designed run for TD. You’re clueless. No, not literally anyone can do that, AKA Andre Nunez sucked at it last year. Dude couldn’t avoid a sack to save his life.

I don’t really care what you think, because it’s clear that you aren’t watching very closely. Are you expecting f’n Drew Brees? Get a grip dude.
    I think your post hit most of his good points tonight. I saw better decision making and he extended plays with his legs as well. I said going into the Miss State game that if he could manage the offense like Nunez we will be fine. The one thing he still does not do well and was a concern of mine going into the season, is he still does not throw the ball down the field well. We should have no problem with Texas Southern next weekend, the next test for this team will be the Ohio game. Can we beat good teams without the ability to throw the football down the field? We will find out soon enough, in the meantime let's enjoy the win tonight.

Let’s not get carried away, this was against Liberty. Levi did what he does best, and in this case, it was enough. Many people can see this won’t be enough against good teams, but in this situation, it got us the win. So, for now, and likely next week, it’s good. There is so much we need to improve, and it’s not all offense.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Guy missed 6 TD passes to wide open wr our offense stalled 3 times on the 30 and he turned it over once and put lt on the ground another... only time our offense got going was strong runs by our RBs ... literally any D1 QB could do what he did and most high school QBs
    Please show me the 6 missed passes to wide open receivers....

I would agree with the people who saw improvement. The guy is not going to throw for 3,500 yards or for 30 touchdowns but I think that's what some people hold him up to in order to form an opinion. I think his decision making is going to get better as he missed a couple of reads early in the game or was late on his decision and delivery on a couple of routes but I saw a lot of good things as well from him.

And for all of those guys who talked about his inability to throw the deep ball, I saw a couple of nice throws down the field. One was dropped by Bergeron up the seam and the other our freshman WR didn't beat out the defender for the ball in the air.

He made a really nice throw on the GL to Bradley as well. After seeing the backup come in, I'm curious to know from some of the haters do you really think he's ready? I would think that you would be just praying that nothing happens to LL. He's clearly our top choice at the position this year.

I will say he played OK not much competition on the field. We will be able to hide him one more week. I don't expect to win the NC but I'd like to beat teams we are not predicted to beat. I can only hope that he continues to improve and we continue to win. I feel he lacks arm strength and the ability to put the ball in tight spots. He's not the worst I've seen here but far from the best. It's obvious we have a talented team this year. Just make the throws we need him to make and let the team as a whole play together and win games.

It could be worse. We could have Buckshot. Liberty fans hate him and I can see why.

12. Default Re: Levi doubters...

People will tell themselves what they want to believe.

The harsh truth is, we are limited at the QB position, specific to a vertical passing attack and taking care of the football. Y’all can point to scores and stats all you want. The play on the field speaks for itself.

Try not to be so result oriented and watch each play individually.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Please show me the 6 missed passes to wide open receivers....
    Bradley streaking down the field twice, Bell wide open wide open on 3rd down, Bradley wide open in the end zone..etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would agree with the people who saw improvement. The guy is not going to throw for 3,500 yards or for 30 touchdowns but I think that's what some people hold him up to in order to form an opinion. I think his decision making is going to get better as he missed a couple of reads early in the game or was late on his decision and delivery on a couple of routes but I saw a lot of good things as well from him.

And for all of those guys who talked about his inability to throw the deep ball, I saw a couple of nice throws down the field. One was dropped by Bergeron up the seam and the other our freshman WR didn't beat out the defender for the ball in the air.

He made a really nice throw on the GL to Bradley as well. After seeing the backup come in, I'm curious to know from some of the haters do you really think he's ready? I would think that you would be just praying that nothing happens to LL. He's clearly our top choice at the position this year.
    All I want to do is win but you can't judge the backup on garbage minutes with back up players. I don't like running QB because they are more prone to get hurt therefore give the backup quality minutes (a series when the game counts) so he can be ready if something happens to the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    All I want to do is win but you can't judge the backup on garbage minutes with back up players. I don't like running QB because they are more prone to get hurt therefore give the backup quality minutes (a series when the game counts) so he can be ready if something happens to the starter.
    I found Javi did well for throwing 2 balls ..the swing pass was right in the WR hands and not 4 feet above or at the WR ankles .. he missed on the fade seemed it was miss communication between him and the WR & he was visibly upset about it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information