Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana @ Florida State in 2022

1. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida State in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    This is the Saturday before thanksgiving. I bet I could get the wife and kids on board with a Disney Trip and take this game in on the drive over.
    Brilliant

Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida State in 2022

I like the fact both the Missouri game (2020) and FSU (2022) are being played in November. Teams look ahead when you play them at those times.

I also love that we're playing an ACC team. We've played Pittsburgh and Va. Tech before, but they weren't in the ACC then, at least Pitt wasn't. Don't think VA tech was either.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I like the fact both the Missouri game (2020) and FSU (2022) are being played in November. Teams look ahead when you play them at those times.
    Absolutely. Historically, we’ve been much more competitive later in the year with these kinds of opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

I also love that we're playing an ACC team. We've played Pittsburgh and Va. Tech before, but they weren't in the ACC then, at least Pitt wasn't. Don't think VA tech was either.
    I believe they were both in the Big East at the time. I want to say that VT moved to the ACC sometime around 2003 because I believe their move sparked a huge influx of conference realignment shortly after.

Default Re: @ Florida State in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So we need one home FCS game in 2022 to complete everything through 2022.
    Why does it have to be FCS?

Default Re: @ Florida State in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Why does it have to be FCS?
    Because an FCS balances out the guarantee road game. If you play a G5 as part of a home and home, there will be a year where you only have five home games. And, playing an in state FCS means some visitors to Cajun Field, which means we sell more tickets.

This is the Saturday before thanksgiving. I bet I could get the wife and kids on board with a Disney Trip and take this game in on the drive over.
    This is EXACTLY what we will do.

Maybe if enough Cajun families commit to this early enough, we can get a group rate through the university?

This would be a good PR project for the Alumni Association and the RCAF.

I can see it now, "Louisiana conquers Florida State, proceeds to invade Orlando."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This is EXACTLY what we will do.

Maybe if enough Cajun families commit to this early enough, we can get a group rate through the university?

This would be a good PR project for the Alumni Association and the RCAF.

I can see it now, "Louisiana conquers Florida State, proceeds to invade Orlando."
    I guess it was on my mind because when we did our first Disney trip last year the Cure Bowl fell in my lap a week before we left so we extended our trip 1 day and stayed for the game. The kids were young enough then we took them out of school for a week to beat crowds but when we go back it will probably have to be around a school holiday week, so the fact that this is thanksgiving week works great too. We would definitely be in on any type of group package that could be put together.

That’s the first thing my wife said when I told her about the game. Add Disney to the trip and we can go. We actually spent the night in Tallahassee on the way back from our last Disney trip. Contacted the baseball coaches and they let us into the stadium to walk around and take pictures.

Shameless plus for anyone thinking about a Disney trip. Brady Aymond is who we use to book Disney stuff. I highly recommend him if you’re looking to book a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Shameless plus for anyone thinking about a Disney trip. Brady Aymond is who we use to book Disney stuff. I highly recommend him if you’re looking to book a trip.
    Brady Aymond?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I was going to do the same for my wife's new business Escape Reality Travel Agency.
    http://yourescapefromreality.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    I was going to do the same for my wife's new business Escape Reality Travel Agency.
    http://yourescapefromreality.com/
    I push people to UL alumni and supporters. Perhaps Turbine can start a page for such small businesses like you wife's.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Brady Aymond?
    Former sportswriter in town. Lives in Pensacola now. I like your idea of a spot for small businesses that support UL.

15. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida State in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I push people to UL alumni and supporters. Perhaps Turbine can start a page for such small businesses like you wife's.
    Good idea

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information