Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2019: ESPN Power Index

Default ESPN Power Index Nov 24

Some people don't like calculated polls. To my mind, they are as good as somebody sitting at a desk picking out their favorite schools. At least computer polls eliminate personal bias.

Of the calculated polls, I am partial to ESPN, because ESPN's poll influences.

ESPN. Their poll will influence their thinking, which means it can influence TV presence & revenues. That, in turn, influences the schools who schedule us. It might even influence conference affiliations.

So this is a surprise: with the Troy win, we not only leap-frogged App State, we also placed above Cincinnati (?!), and ended up #4 among mid-majors.

http://www.espn.com/college-football.cs/teamratings

Default Re: ESPN Power Index Nov 24

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Some people don't like calculated polls. To my mind, they are as good as somebody sitting at a desk picking out their favorite schools. At least computer polls eliminate personal bias.

Of the calculated polls, I am partial to ESPN, because ESPN's poll influences.

ESPN. Their poll will influence their thinking, which means it can influence TV presence & revenues. That, in turn, influences the schools who schedule us. It might even influence conference affiliations.

So this is a surprise: with the Troy win, we not only leap-frogged App State, we also placed above Cincinnati (?!), and ended up #4 among mid-majors.

http://www.espn.com/college-football.cs/teamratings
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

3. UL Football Louisiana Moves Up In Latest Football Power Index

Despite their setback in the Sun Belt Conference Championship Game, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns moved up in the latest ESPN College Football Power Index, which was released on Sunday.

4. Default ESPN 1420 UL Football Moves Up in Latest Power Index

For the second time in the last three weeks, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns have moved up in the latest ESPN College Football Power Index, which was released on Sunday.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information