Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2019: ESPN Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Tulane isn’t P5 and at the time they were really down——remember the S Dome crowds?
    Wouldn't exactly call those "crowds".

2. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Wouldn't exactly call those "crowds".
    There was that one cROWds.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Huh? Last four years under Brown.

2010 Texas 5–7 2–6 6th (South)
    2011 Texas 8–5 4–5 T–6th W Holiday
    2012 Texas 9–4 5–4 T–3rd W Alamo 18 19
    2013 Texas 8–5 7–2 T–2nd L Alamo

61% win record.
    And, isnt that way better than before he arrived?
    My real point though was that unc is a perennial dumpster fire in football for reasons that have little to do with the coach or their fine players. They have brought underachieving to new heights. They need to replace the entire administration. Wont happen. Mostly because they dont know what they dont know. I base all my opinion here on years of watching unc on tv and App State’s win which i saw in person.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Texas comes with a lot of extra burdens that UNC football doesn’t. Mack Brown will have them winning 9 to 10 games a year and retire again. UNC is a sleeping football giant.

That atmosphere against Clemson and the fact that they are “The” school in that region helps them. They can be downright garbage and NC State, Wake Forrest or Duke could be doing well and it is still all about UNC when it comes to football.

That is the program that worries me.
    Sir, the only place unc football is a sleeping giant is in the minds of their fans and administration. That is a completely undeserved fantasy on their part.

5. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    Sir, the only place unc football is a sleeping giant is in the minds of their fans and administration. That is a completely undeserved fantasy on their part.
    Don’t worry about him.

6. UL Football UL Football Stays Put In Latest College Football Power Index

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns remain in the same spot in the latest ESPN College Football Power Index, which was released on Sunday.

Default Re: UL Football Stays Put In Latest College Football Power Index

I thought we would tweak up a hair in all indexes as the 3 opponents that played last week (2 had bye weeks) all 3 won road games.

8. UL Football Football Drops In Latest College Football Power Index

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns have dropped a few spots in the latest ESPN College Football Power Index, which was released on Sunday.

Default ESPN Power Index

Yesterday we were #52.

Today we're #40.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football.cs/teamratings

Default Re: ESPN Power Index

should be getting votes soon.

11. Default Re: ESPN Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    It is election season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Yesterday we were #52.

Today we're #40.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football.cs/teamratings
    Movin' on up!

Even if we do not go up in any of the other 100+ ratings on the Massey Composite, this could give a 1 or 2 place bump to our Massey Composite ranking.

FWIW, at least for now we are also up 5 spots to 38 on Ken Massey's rating [not the composite].

Both the ESPN and Massey will change as scores come in today, as will all 100+ other services. I am betting on a slight move up for Louisiana, maybe to 32 or 33. It will help us if as many as possible of our opponemts win this weekend.

Georgia State losing out in conference would help us, as we play everyone who plays them, but dont play them.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: ESPN Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    If we take care of USA by 40 or 50 points, and convincingly beat Troy, I expect we will get a vote or two at 9-2. Regardless of actual quality of teams, no 2 loss SBC team will be ranked without a P5 win or at least 10 total wins. I guarantee you that one of Napier's goals is to hit the top 25 this season. I believe we will have to go 12-2 to be in both of Oiler's favorite polls.

Note that App has 1 loss and was previously ranked, and are no longer tnere, even with a P5 win

15. Default Re: ESPN Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If we take care of USA by 40 or 50 points, and convincingly beat Troy, I expect we will get a vote or two at 9-2. Regardless of actual quality of teams, no 2 loss SBC team will be ranked without a P5 win or at least 10 total wins. I guarantee you that one of Napier's goals is to hit the top 25 this season. I believe we will have to go 12-2 to be in both of Oiler's favorite polls.

Note that App has 1 loss and was previously ranked, and are no longer tnere, even with a P5 win
    ,,,,,,,man I hope they beat SCar!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information