Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: 2019: ESPN Power Index

1. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

And, you can complain about NO all you want. That's where the champion goes. Period. Even if we are 11-1.

[/QUOTE]

Unless we are one of the New Years 6 Bowls. One can dream can he. Not this year, but maybe, just maybe very soon. If UCF/Boise can do it and others can dream, why can't we.

Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFANS View Post
    What happens if Napier is plucked from us in the next year or so? Are we seen as a desirable place, still meh, or coaching graveyard? That determines if the change created by Hud and Napier is sustainable. Thoughts?

Many apologies if this has already been discussed ad nauseam and I have just been living under a rock.
    If Napier is taken from us after this season or next, we'll have an extra $2 million or $1.25 million to go out and get a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The hope is that UNC, South Carolina, NC State and programs near his hometown retain their current staffs for 2 more years at a minimum.

Honestly if he has a great agent he would be positioning himself for the UNC job after Mac Brown cleans it up.
    If I was Billy Napier or any rising HC in college football, before I would take the UNC job after Mac Brown, I would insist on a new Athletic Director, a new Board of Trustees, and new UNC fans. The ones they got now are broken. No coach can fix the mess they have made. UNC has not won a conference champeenship in 40 years, and unless they have a collective attitude adjustment, its gonna be another 40 years before they are even in contention. It is a UNC football tradition that they do less with more than any other school in the country. That tradition is going to be hard to change.

The UNC fans we encountered were apathetic (most were on their phone throughout the ballgame), clueless (did not know when to be loud or quiet), and classless (I heard of 2 App fans who were asked to sit down). In the mean time, App won the game.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    If I was Billy Napier or any rising HC in college football, before I would take the UNC job after Mac Brown, I would insist on a new Athletic Director, a new Board of Trustees, and new UNC fans. The ones they got now are broken. No coach can fix the mess they have made. UNC has not won a conference champeenship in 40 years, and unless they have a collective attitude adjustment, its gonna be another 40 years before they are even in contention. It is a UNC football tradition that they do less with more than any other school in the country. That tradition is going to be hard to change.

The UNC fans we encountered were apathetic (most were on their phone throughout the ballgame), clueless (did not know when to be loud or quiet), and classless (I heard of 2 App fans who were asked to sit down). In the mean time, App won the game.

Just sayin'.
    With all due respect the trophy for doing less with more goes to Texas. In fact, I understand the trophy has been retired.

5. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Another New Orleans bowl at 10:30am should be considered a failure
    It wouldn't be close to a failure if it's contractual.

Unless by "failure" you mean being in the Sun Belt, period, then I agree.

Beat App State

6. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That’s a long time for Napier to hang around. I know Marlin will still be here.
    But unless you convert into a cyborg you’d never know.

Just sayin'.
    I see the UNC Whine and cheese crowd hadn't changed.

From MASSEY:
    "G-5 Top 10":

(1) 16. UCF
    (2) 22. Boise St.
    (3) 24. SMU
    (4) 33. Cincy
    (5) 36. App St.
    (6) 37. Memphis
    (7) 38. Utah St.
    (8) 46. Tulane
    (9) 47. Fresno St.
    (10) 48. Army

(11) 52. Louisiana
    (12) 54. AFA

And has us ending up 9-3

Last edited by tdncz; October 2nd, 2019 at 10:54 am. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That’s a long time for Napier to hang around. I know Marlin will still be here.
    hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    With all due respect the trophy for doing less with more goes to Texas. In fact, I understand the trophy has been retired.
    Maybe. But Texas has played well in recent years, under Mac Brown btw. I would expect that if you compared the number of nfl players and win/loss percentage, unc would have the most nfl players and the lowest win percentage over the last 30+ years of any other team in country. Hence they do less with more.
    Any stat geek care to find those numbers?

Maybe. But Texas has played well in recent years, under Mac Brown btw. I would expect that if you compared the number of nfl players and win/loss percentage, unc would have the most nfl players and the lowest win percentage over the last 30+ years of any other team in country. Hence they do less with more.
    Any stat geek care to find those numbers?
    Huh? Last four years under Brown.

2010 Texas 5–7 2–6 6th (South)
    2011 Texas 8–5 4–5 T–6th W Holiday
    2012 Texas 9–4 5–4 T–3rd W Alamo 18 19
    2013 Texas 8–5 7–2 T–2nd L Alamo

61% win record.

Texas comes with a lot of extra burdens that UNC football doesn’t. Mack Brown will have them winning 9 to 10 games a year and retire again. UNC is a sleeping football giant.

That atmosphere against Clemson and the fact that they are “The” school in that region helps them. They can be downright garbage and NC State, Wake Forrest or Duke could be doing well and it is still all about UNC when it comes to football.

That is the program that worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    If we learned anything after last season, it's that a coach in the SBC has to have consistent success to move up to the P5. Satterfield and Brown had more than one year of ten wins before they got their respective gigs. So, for now, we can stop with the "fear" that Napier gets plucked after this season.

And, you can complain about NO all you want. That's where the champion goes. Period. Even if we are 11-1.

I personally think the champion tie in makes NO more desirable than if we were 6-6 like we were a few years ago.

If we are in any other bowl, it means we didn't win the league.
    Just wondering, you said “consistent success” to move up to P5. HUD went 9-4, 4 straight years with 4 straight bowl wins. Arguably the best 4 year stretch in UL football history. What is your opinion why other than Tulane no P5 school offered him a better gig?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Texas comes with a lot of extra burdens that UNC football doesn’t. Mack Brown will have them winning 9 to 10 games a year and retire again. UNC is a sleeping football giant.

That atmosphere against Clemson and the fact that they are “The” school in that region helps them. They can be downright garbage and NC State, Wake Forrest or Duke could be doing well and it is still all about UNC when it comes to football.

That is the program that worries me.
    I would think in that scenario drinkwitz would also be a candidate. I do think a lot will depend on how satterfield and brown do. If they both flop, P5’s might be hesitant to bring in someone straight from the SBC.

15. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Just wondering, you said “consistent success” to move up to P5. HUD went 9-4, 4 straight years with 4 straight bowl wins. Arguably the best 4 year stretch in UL football history. What is your opinion why other than Tulane no P5 school offered him a better gig?
    He is a great rah rah guy. Coach not so much. As someone posted earlier, you can see what Napier and staff are doing without the absolute necessity of a particular win. HUD’s run was smoke, mirrors with a good amount of luck. However, he could smooze with supporters like the best of them. Before his head got big, he was the best at it. Who did not like an evening or even a minute with HUD around in his first three or 4 years?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information