Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: 2019: ESPN Power Index

Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not a bowl we desire to be in.
    Why do you say that?

If we win 10 or more games, someone is gonna throw 2 mil a year at Napier and he will be gone. Let’s enjoy this season and hope for a conference championship.

Not this year App St and Arky St have been far successful as of recently and their coaches have not bolted save for App st recently.

Another New Orleans bowl at 10:30am should be considered a failure

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Another New Orleans bowl at 10:30am should be considered a failure
    It's at 8 pm this year, but I understand what you mean.

If we go 10-2, win SBC champ game going into bowl at 11-2. Where else could we go?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

If we go 10-2, win SBC champ game going into bowl at 11-2. Where else could we go?
    One step at a time. If we don't qualify for new years what ever bowl outside of P5 thats our bowl. Lets worry about that after we beat App St consecutively to move on out of the belt. Not arguing but agreeing with your point is that we pigeon holed for right now save for undefeated season.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don't see Napier going anywhere until after the 3030 season, and then, only if he beats a Power 5 team. Messrs. Bear or Boomer can better speak to this, but I think, generally speaking, coaches at this level need four or five consistent years of eight or nine wins, at least, and conference championships or a couple of Power 5 wins.
    After the 3030 season. I’m not sure if this is good or bad, crazy thoughts are running through my head now.

Arizona bowl would mean we did not win conference and got shipped out west.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    After the 3030 season. I’m not sure if this is good or bad, crazy thoughts are running through my head now.
    That’s a long time for Napier to hang around. I know Marlin will still be here.

That’s a long time for Napier to hang around. I know Marlin will still be here.
    LOL. True dat.

11. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don't see Napier going anywhere until after the 3030 season, and then, only if he beats a Power 5 team. Messrs. Bear or Boomer can better speak to this, but I think, generally speaking, coaches at this level need four or five consistent years of eight or nine wins, at least, and conference championships or a couple of Power 5 wins.
    .So much depends on the goals and what the goals areI guess I knew of a few That were hunting a vertical move, some of the others I didn’t know.I would think it would be hard to find many Robesthe Egos and competitive nature of the animal are so real and the sacrifices made to attain a present level and venture to roll the dice say Geaux.play factor in the following.goals as mentioned, $$$$, prestige, security (relative), opportunity, luck, chance to win, guarantees of administration, retirement package along with other perks.Some times The love of the game when coaches have gone on to other very successful careers calls them or at least temp them to return. the Coastal coach prior to now was a perfect example! .Never a head coach but exposed to the great ones put the UL deal in play with the timing for Nap.think we got/have a perfect fit and I think he can keep it going!!!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

All the bowls have tie-ins that we're all stuck with. Other than the Access Bowl, the New Orleans Bowl is about as good as it can get for us. It is, at least, until we get out of the SBC.

13. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    After the 3030 season. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, crazy thoughts are running through my head now.
    He and Biden. They will both be around.

If we learned anything after last season, it's that a coach in the SBC has to have consistent success to move up to the P5. Satterfield and Brown had more than one year of ten wins before they got their respective gigs. So, for now, we can stop with the "fear" that Napier gets plucked after this season.

And, you can complain about NO all you want. That's where the champion goes. Period. Even if we are 11-1.

I personally think the champion tie in makes NO more desirable than if we were 6-6 like we were a few years ago.

If we are in any other bowl, it means we didn't win the league.

15. Default Re: ESPN Football Power Index

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    All the bowls have tie-ins that we're all stuck with. Other than the Access Bowl, the New Orleans Bowl is about as good as it can get for us. It is, at least, until we get out of the SBC.
    .On our NO Bowl run, I thought it be a fabulous recruiting assetmore player families (btw we recruit more La kids than the other major schools. Tulane Monroe LSU), more recruits, more alumni, more fans, more fun, more press, and more tradition!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information