Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What does this mean. 🤔
    It means we aren’t as friendly as we claim or even as friendly as what he’s used to from other venues.

Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Let’s assume there are 100 spots sold, which I’m pretty sure isn’t that far off from the actual number. That’s $100,000 in revenue for the RCAF at $1,000/spot. Let’s say they lower the price to $500/spot. We’re only down $50k. Of course we won’t be down $50k because a lot more people will start buying spots again. And those people will invite friends who will buy game tickets and concessions.

So at worst, you are probably out $25k/year. And at best, you are making more money from selling more spots, having more people show up, and having a better atmosphere.
    My tailgate spot was $900, counting the required RCAF donation. I didnt drop it because of cost; I dropped it because for 2 years at the end of the Hud era, nobody showed up but me. Mostly they quit showing because they moved away with their jobs or became disillusioned with the administrations failure to sieze the moment during the 4 year run of success at the beginning of the Hud era. Both the athletic administration and the university administration were totally apathetic about promoting our brand while the iron was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So is the answer keep charging $1,000 and when they come, they come?
    Tailgate spots are not $1,000. Our spot just went up to $500. It was much lower for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    My tailgate spot was $900, counting the required RCAF donation. I didnt drop it because of cost; I dropped it because for 2 years at the end of the Hud era, nobody showed up but me. Mostly they quit showing because they moved away with their jobs or became disillusioned with the administrations failure to sieze the moment during the 4 year run of success at the beginning of the Hud era. Both the athletic administration and the university administration were totally apathetic about promoting our brand while the iron was hot.
    Sometimes you and a few others. But that's the sum of it over the past 4 years. All the momentum was gone and wasted because our AD and President didn't have a clue.

One big problem is that culture in America is becoming lazier. There’s a reason amazon, Netflix stock, and Pizza Hut etc continue to do well. A company like Waitr becomes worth hundreds of millions because people are willing to pay for convenience. People are less and less inclined to get out and do things the way we did them for years. This trickles over into tailgating and attending football games. I don’t think this is the entire reason but it’s definitely part of it.

6. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Tailgate spots are not $1,000. Our spot just went up to $500. It was much lower for a long time.
    $500 is too much if nobody is buying. We have created reverse cynergy between pricing, product and circumstances. We can only adjust with the things in our control. I don’t think anyone can fathom to calculate the negative effect and impact of losing the CC game around the thrashing we took from Bama and Miss St last year. It is very unfortunate that happened the way it did because it took the wind out of the sails created with the new coaching staff and even the success on the field latter in the season. I hope we excel as we can this year and the SMART people figure out how to maneuver the finances to make sure we maximize the success.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sometimes you and a few others. But that's the sum of it over the past 4 years. All the momentum was gone and wasted because our AD and President didn't have a clue.
    That is what is so frustrating now with attendance. Maggard and crew do have a clue. I wish we had them a few years earlier when the iron was hotter locally.

But we've already reduced season tickets and food, so you have to replace that revenue as well. You see, once you start down this road, additional revenues have to be found when you reduce cost elsewhere. Until we get more butts in the stadium, that revenue goes down a black hole never to be seen again. If you reduce prices, you have to increase traffic in the stadium or, we have done nothing to replace those revenues.
    When did Season Tickets get reduced??.I’ve surely never noticed a decrease

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    When did Season Tickets get reduced??.I’ve surely never noticed a decrease
    They are offering packages now that amount to discounted tickets in sections were people have already paid more by sending in payment before the season. Perhaps you should try following social media and you might learn something new.

10. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

They are offering packages now that amount to discounted tickets in sections were people have already paid more by sending in payment before the season. Perhaps you should try following social media and you might learn something new.
    I wonder why?

Nah.I’ll not do the University’s leg work and just consider dropping another ticket next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The world doesn’t have to be black and white. I’m sure there’s a number we can charge between $0 and $1,000 that will get people buying tailgating spots again without sacrificing revenue.
    Open, online auction for all spots every year. The market price is the market price

13. UL Football Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

So what then? You reduce revenues in one area, what is your suggestion to replace it? We have a president that stated, "whatever athletics does, it's going to do on it's own." So if the prices are too high for the SBC, what exactly should we pay? Because we were unwilling to do more financially for athletics we are in the SBC today.
    My old marketing professor assured the class that you don't price based on expenses in cost. You price the product on whatever number gives you the maximum gross income. Then the choice is wether it's viable.

I understand government decisions must take other things into consideration, but an empty tailgate spot provides zero income and a depressed image.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Open, online auction for all spots every year. The market price is the market price
    That would be something to see. They would have to promote the hell out of it though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information