Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Liberty Fans

1. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Nah.you just sound like some of the guys we can't stand on TigerDroppings or latechBBB. It's pretty clear.

Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Maybe you missed this point of his.

I responded to his comments. I am done, sorry I got some of you got but hurt.
    True, but he didn't bring the subject to our forum, our fans did.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Good post ZoomZoom. I prefer that we play the game and (hopefully) win rather than make judgments about their school.
    Thanks for the kind words.

We HAVE to win this game. One point, 100 points, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    lawd, the man or woman came here to discuss the upcoming game and has been extremely cordial. He or she doesn't deserve this treatment.
    +1000

I think the Man upstairs is a little more qualified to judge the actions of others than me or those of us that post here. I have enough trouble keeping track of my own sins.

All the more reason we need to win. Flame(outs) rolling in at #10 in ESPN's bottom 10. Number 5 is well deserved.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.-tennessee-sec

This was delegated at ESPN to an Idiot intern writerUTEP scored late et beat HOUSTON Baptist by 2 pts. Dallas Baptist has no football.not that UTEP would have much better luck against DBU.

First of all, it has been a pleasure hanging with you all this week. You will find few people with thicker skin than Liberty folks. By self-identifying with Liberty we get the same stuff thrown at us every game. It is played out most places but whenever we play new schools the same issues get rolled out. It is all good.

In fact, my son & I will be walking around in our LU gear. Usually our LU red makes us stand out in a crowd but that obviously won't be the case today. And for the record, I am a dude. The name was picked up back in my days working for Fox Sports. I no longer roll with those folks but the moniker stuck.

As for the "It would be great if they keep it quiet" comment, it needs the full context. Baylor had no Title IX Office at the time and the victim had asked through her coach that it not be reported to police. That is what he was referencing with the comment. He did direct the case to the Office of Judicial Affairs which by Baylor by-laws was the proper protocol for the AD. Obviously that protocol was awful. If there is an AD on the planet more sensitive to sexual assault on the planet I would be surprised based on his experience. No one, even our AD, looks back proud at what happened in Waco. But even good men find themselves in hellish circumstances at some point in their lives.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    First of all, it has been a pleasure hanging with you all this week. You will find few people with thicker skin than Liberty folks. By self-identifying with Liberty we get the same stuff thrown at us every game. It is played out most places but whenever we play new schools the same issues get rolled out. It is all good.

In fact, my son & I will be walking around in our LU gear. Usually our LU red makes us stand out in a crowd but hat obviously won't be the case today. And for the record, I am a dude. The name was picked up back in my days working for Fox Sports. I no longer roll with those folks but the moniker stuck.

As for the "It would be great if they keep it quiet" comment, it needs the full context. Baylor had no Title IX Office at the time and the victim had asked through her coach that it not be reported to police. That is what he was referencing with the comment. He did direct the case to the Office of Judicial Affairs which by Baylor by-laws was the proper protocol for the AD. Obviously that protocol was awful. If there is an AD on the planet more sensitive to sexual assault on the planet I would be surprised based on his experience. No one, even our AD, looks back proud at what happened in Waco. But even good men find themselves in hellish circumstances at some point in their lives.
    I don’t are about religious affiliation of belief system. Everyone is into something.

If people are still perplexed about a religious university hiring a man with a checkered past or a man that’s been proven to be a phony, that’s a maturity issue. Wake up folks. Major collegiate athletics is a cash cow and if there’s one thing that unites us all, it’s our love of money. You can talk about doctrine and giving second chances, but the bottom line is, Liberty did not become cash flush by making bad financial moves. (Ripping off alumni and congregation not withstanding, but I digress).

Liberty hired an AD and Football coach that it thought could bring success and the spoils of success to its university. And that’s fine, but let’s grow up about it. Money is what matters to most people, including Christians.

I hope you and your son enjoy our city and game experience. Finest folks in America down in Acadiana.

Rolling your way right now.

My son & I had a great time in spite of our squad's performance last night. The hospitality wasn't what I had anticipated outside the stadium or inside. But the shrimp poboys inside fit the bill. Hope you guys have a great season.

11. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    . . .The hospitality wasn't what I had anticipated outside the stadium or inside. . . .
    What does this mean. 🤔

nm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What does this mean. 🤔
    It means our tailgating sucks and people weren't as welcoming as people here led them to believe. AIMO, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    It means our tailgating sucks and people weren't as welcoming as people here led them to believe. AIMO, of course.
    Its not what it used to be. Not even close

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Its not what it used to be. Not even close
    Zero atmosphere

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information