Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Its not what it used to be. Not even close
    Tailgating has gone down 10 fold in the last few years. I use to take pictures of the tailgating area about 10 years ago. Had tents next door to each other with welcome signsno moredon't get started on the RV spots. That has seen better days. Even the fans in those spots don't seem to be enjoying themselves.cost for such pleasure will do that

2. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Tailgating has gone down 10 fold in the last few years. I use to take pictures of the tailgating area about 10 years ago. Had tents next door to each other with welcome signsno more
    Increased costs and more mid week games have impacted the bargain of the entertainment value. More $$$$ for les real opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Winning solves all. Consistent winning

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Winning solves all. Consistent winning
    That’s not it at all. We had 3x the tailgaters when we were going 3-9 under Bustle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    That’s not it at all. We had 3x the tailgaters when we were going 3-9 under Bustle.
    Economy and discretionary $$ maters too.

It's a shame, the tailgating was a big positive for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    My son & I had a great time in spite of our squad's performance last night. The hospitality wasn't what I had anticipated outside the stadium or inside. But the shrimp poboys inside fit the bill. Hope you guys have a great season.
    I hate hearing this. I’m not shocked by yesterday’s numbers but I hate to hear it. I assure you 5-7 years ago we had no less than 35,000-40,000 tailgating, not game attendance, on every weekend. We’ll be back.stay tuned.

Seriously though nobody offered you food and drink? That’s a bit strange no matter the low numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Economy and discretionary $$ maters too.
    Maybe that wouldn’t come into play if we weren’t charging $1,000 per tailgating spot.

We used to tailgate as students. I always thought I'd continue to tailgate once securing a spot, but it's personally not a good financial decision for me in my current stage of life. I won't turn my own personal experience of being priced out into a call-to-action for the admin, but it is a shame to see tailgating in its current state. Never would have imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Maybe that wouldn't come into play if we weren't charging $1,000 per tailgating spot.
    Well we've made everything else affordable, if not damn near free when it comes to food and tickets. And now we are even picking up people from downtown and dropping them off at the game for free! At some point, this program has to find some revenue streams to survive. But I guess we can return to the days when everything was cheap, park close to the stadium and play SLC programs every week with in state rivalries. Then we can talk about how great our culture and fan base are when visitors come to Cajun Field.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well we've made everything else affordable, if not damn near free when it comes to food and tickets. And now we are even picking up people from downtown and dropping them off at the game for free! At some point, this program has to find some revenue streams to survive. But I guess we can return to the days when everything was cheap, park close to the stadium and play SLC programs every week with in state rivalries. Then we can talk about how great our culture and fan base are when visitors come to Cajun Field.
    You mean. Roosta like we Yoosta?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    T the bottom line is, as a whole, Acadiana doesn’t support the Cajuns. They support a party. It’s not about cost, we just don’t have a large core base of fans.

13. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    T the bottom line is, as a whole, Acadiana doesn’t support the Cajuns. They support a party. It’s not about cost, we just don’t have a large core base of fans.
    ✔️ I have said a couple times - we don’t have horrible fans, it’s HORRIBLE we have so few fans.

I thought it was very telling that maggard repeated several times in his interview this week that Acadiana should think of the games as a 'festival,' and that they were striving to make the game atmosphere as such. He knows his audience.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    T the bottom line is, as a whole, Acadiana doesn't support the Cajuns. They support a party. It's not about cost, we just don't have a large core base of fans.
    I agree. In this world, it is rare for a G5 school to get attention anywhere. From a pure attendance standpoint, we were better off when the NCAA limited how often you could be on TV. Thousands of UL grads stayed home to watch LSU and Texas last night.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information