Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Incorrect. There has been no evidence directly implicating McCaw in a cover-up at Baylor. He has been accused in several lawsuits of not maintaining a culture of holding the football program accountable. That is worthy of discussion and was a big topic in Liberty circles when he was being considered as a hire. If you are looking for a smoking gun connecting him to a cover-up you are looking in the wrong direction. But we fully expect to get blowback when hiring folks with damaged reputations. Then again, Liberty rarely is influenced by what other people think. And you will have a hard time finding anyone in the LU camp that today feels his hiring was a mistake even though sentiment was very divided when it went down.

As fascinating as these discussions have been, I hear there may be a football game this Saturday. And I can't wait to see how the teams match up on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    Incorrect. There has been no evidence directly implicating McCaw in a cover-up at Baylor. He has been accused in several lawsuits of not maintaining a culture of holding the football program accountable. That is worthy of discussion and was a big topic in Liberty circles when he was being considered as a hire. If you are looking for a smoking gun connecting him to a cover-up you are looking in the wrong direction. But we fully expect to get blowback when hiring folks with damaged reputations. Then again, Liberty rarely is influenced by what other people think. And you will have a hard time finding anyone in the LU camp that today feels his hiring was a mistake even though sentiment was very divided when it went down.

As fascinating as these discussions have been, I hear there may be a football game this Saturday. And I can't wait to see how the teams match up on the field.
    Sorry but please remove your head from your ___ if you think he didn't cover anything up. You and your fans will be welcome but your peace of ____ AD should never be allowed around college students again.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Sorry but please remove your head from your ___ if you think he didn't cover anything up. You and your fans will be welcome but your peace of ____ AD should never be allowed around college students again.
    Oh Lawd.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.yer-incidents/

“On September 20, 2013, after a player was arrested for assault and threatening to kill a non-athlete, a football operations staff official tried to talk the victim out of pressing criminal charges. Meanwhile, Coach Briles texted Athletics Director Ian McCaw: "Just talked to [the player] - he said Waco PD was there - said they were going to keep it quiet - Wasn't a set up deal. I'll get shill (Shillinglaw) to ck on Sibley (local attorney Jonathan Sibley)." Athletics Director Ian McCaw replied: "That would be great if they kept it quiet!"”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.yer-incidents/

“On September 20, 2013, after a player was arrested for assault and threatening to kill a non-athlete, a football operations staff official tried to talk the victim out of pressing criminal charges. Meanwhile, Coach Briles texted Athletics Director Ian McCaw: "Just talked to [the player] - he said Waco PD was there - said they were going to keep it quiet - Wasn't a set up deal. I'll get shill (Shillinglaw) to ck on Sibley (local attorney Jonathan Sibley)." Athletics Director Ian McCaw replied: "That would be great if they kept it quiet!"”
    I smell a smoking gun.

6. Default Re: Greetings from Liberty Fans

Can we keep this on upcoming sports events and not on someone else's definition of vetting?

I'm still amazed that every university eventually comes to the realization of athletics being the best way to advertise academics.

Stephen's knew this from day one. Nonstop football since 1901

Lots of logs need to be removed from some eye sockets. And none of this has anything about the next game.

Liberty just gets heat because of being a private faith based institution. A lot of talk comes around here about "moving up". Never seemed to be an issue when the Big East had been discussed over the years, which is basically a Catholic league abet a few teams. Many, including myself, thought it was great for UCONN, never mentioning the religious affiliations of some of the members being an issue.

Didn't our late baseball coach hire a man with a "damaged reputation" who is now our head baseball coach?

Sin is sin, don't recall seeing any sliding scale of severity in the bible.

Time to play ball.

Good post ZoomZoom. I prefer that we play the game and (hopefully) win rather than make judgments about their school.

Sorry, there is a big difference in our head baseball coach and AD. Our baseball coached admitted he screwed up and their AD wants to take no blame.

lawd, the man or woman came here to discuss the upcoming game and has been extremely cordial. He or she doesn't deserve this treatment.

So back on point. Should we expect to chew up their defensive line ? If so the trinity should be blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    lawd, the man or woman came here to discuss the upcoming game and has been extremely cordial. He or she doesn't deserve this treatment.
    True Dat.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Maybe you missed this point of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    Incorrect. There has been no evidence directly implicating McCaw in a cover-up at Baylor.
    I responded to his comments. I am done, sorry I got some of you got but hurt.

Maybe you missed this point of his.

I responded to his comments. I am done, sorry I got some of you got but hurt.
    Nobody's "but hurt". You just look like you have an axe to grind.

As for the game, we win by 28 and the game is never in doubt.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information