Thread: Jamal Bell, done

1. UL Football Jamal Bell, done

UL coach Billy Napier said there were multiple times last year when he just didn't trust Bell to be on the field.

Bell exploded Saturday against the Bulldogs, catching eight balls for 113 yards. Napier said that type of production is a testament to Bell and the strides he has made to correct the issues he had in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would agree with this. I did not get a chance to see the game live. I watched last night and I was thinking about all the comments I saw about him here. Personally, besides the few mistakes you mentioned above, I thought Levi did some nice things. I would actually say that I'm more concerned about our WR corp than Levi. Besides Bradley, I didn't see a whole lot of guys out there who can move the chains and provide downfield threats. Bell was good in the Jet Sweep but didn't see a whole lot of anybody 10+ yards down the field.

I would also agree that Levi has to be more willing to run the ball more. He showed a really good quickness and burst that will move the chains for us this year if he is willing to do it.
    Bell reminded me of Peoples. I’m excited about that. I’m curious to see LL with a game under his belt and maybe a bit more time to read a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Bell reminded me of Peoples. I’m excited about that. I’m curious to see LL with a game under his belt and maybe a bit more time to read a secondary.
    Reminded me alot of Al Riles

Default WR Bell injury

Anyone know how bad it was? Had to get helped off. Leg injury.

Default Re: WR Bell injury

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Injuries will be updated today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    He went back in the game afterward. He's fine

Default Re: WR Bell injury- he's ok

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    He went back in the game afterward. He's fine
    Didn't catch that. Thanks

8. UL Football Jamal Bell

The one interesting absent one I noticed was Jamal bell. I would have expected him to return this season. Unless he never fully recovered from his knee injury.

Default Re: Officially, nine Ragin' Cajuns seniors return for extra year of eligibility on the 2021 tea

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The one interesting absent one I noticed was Jamal bell. I would have expected him to return this season. Unless he never fully recovered from his knee injury.
    That is a shame; he was a good receiver that never got to reach his potential (IMO).

10. Default Re: Officially, nine Ragin' Cajuns seniors return for extra year of eligibility on the 2021 tea

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    That is a shame; he was a good receiver that never got to reach his potential (IMO).
    I completely agree. I was really hoping to see him in 2021.

11. Default Re: Officially, nine Ragin' Cajuns seniors return for extra year of eligibility on the 2021 tea

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I completely agree. I was really hoping to see him in 2021.
    Same here, especially after the way he started 2019 I thought he still had it in him, somewhere.

Thread Information