Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G1: Louisiana 28, Miss. State 38

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Good analysis.

One thing we've got to remember is how late Napier was hired. That first signing class was a last minute salvage job. I think that is the reason we are seeing The current QB situation and the deficiencies still in place at certain positions.

Not making excuses. Just saying we should see the big picture, but keep expecting better decision making from players and staff.
    Agreed. I saw improved play at most positions with not a big infusion of talent. Almost all of our difference makers are HUD recruits. Next year I expect to see Napier’s players play major roles. As I have said repeatedly, good players do not sit the bench at UL. If a certain player we like is not playing it most likely means he is not as advertised or is not physically ready for big time college football.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I have seen some posters take issue with Napier and his decisions. Other than the 4th down fumble, which to me, wasn't a bad call, just poor execution. We had success on the edge. Now I would have rather run that between the tackles because there is less to go wrong, but...
    What other specific plays or general patterns do you think NApier got wrong?

I’m happy with the overall play of the team yesterday. The defense gave up some big plays but played well enough to win. Very Bend but don’t break. I’m not sure Levi is the guy, but he’s one hell of an athlete. Hell, clean up the mistakes and turnovers and i think we win this game. I think this team can compete for the sun belt title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I have seen some posters take issue with Napier and his decisions. Other than the 4th down fumble, which to me, wasn't a bad call, just poor execution. We had success on the edge. Now I would have rather run that between the tackles because there is less to go wrong, but...
    What other specific plays or general patterns do you think NApier got wrong?
    4th down call and onside kick.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    4th down call and onside kick.
    Can't disagree

Man after reading this thread I would have thought we lost by 40. I made a 7-5 prediction on the preseason prediction thread and was bashed for having “CDS” but after watching yesterday’s game, I don’t think there’s a game left on our schedule we shouldn’t be favored in. Not to say we will win every game, but I’m ready to change my prediction to 9-3. This team will be good y’all, enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Man after reading this thread I would have thought we lost by 40. I made a 7-5 prediction on the preseason prediction thread and was bashed for having “CDS” but after watching yesterday’s game, I don’t think there’s a game left on our schedule we shouldn’t be favored in. Not to say we will win every game, but I’m ready to change my prediction to 9-3. This team will be good y’all, enjoy the ride.
    I think we can win every game left on the schedule. But we have to clean up the QB play. Not to say LL can’t do that, but he has the most to improve on after this weeks performance.

I am withholding any further predictions of record until after the Ohio game. After Liberty and Ohio, two quality G5 teams, we will have a much better idea where we stand.

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

I think we can win every game left on the schedule. But we have to clean up the QB play. Not to say LL can't do that, but he has the most to improve on after this weeks performance.
    I guess you coming around. Yesterday you said we could not win 3 of the remaining games. Go figure.

I think we can win every game left on the schedule. But we have to clean up the QB play. Not to say LL can’t do that, but he has the most to improve on after this weeks performance.
    Honest question. Do you really think Levi struggled more than our edge defenders and LBs?

CDS, i like it! make some tshirts

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Honest question. Do you really think Levi struggled more than our edge defenders and LBs?
    Don't think we set an edge or had backside containment taken care of the whole game...At least LL completed passes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I guess you coming around. Yesterday you said we could not win 3 of the remaining games. Go figure.
    Ohio, Troy and App St are still likely losses. That is what I said you ____ing dip____.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Yes he did.

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

I think we can win every game left on the schedule. . .
    Wow, just wow.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information