Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G1: Louisiana 28, Miss. State 38

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Bottom line is, if LL doesn’t commit 3 turnovers in the first half we win this game. If Ragas doesn’t fumble in the red zone, we win this game.
    Fact

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Agree on a number of your points,especially the ball being knocked out of his hand by the running back. I’m pretty sure he was involved in three first half turnovers. Ya might be forgetting that backwards pass to the right. That was a pretty bad pass and the running back got the fumble because it hit his hands. Or am I just putting too many plays together from too many games yesterday.
    The backwards pass turnover should be totally on the coach. Execution horrible but the offense should have never been placed in that position. That should have been a straight run play.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

You know you have a pretty good RB corps when Regis is not your 1st or 2nd option at that position.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The backwards pass turnover should be totally on the coach. Execution horrible but the offense should have never been placed in that position. That should have been a straight run play.
    That’s a very common and successful play. You don’t like the call, I get that. The only problem was a petrified QB who already had been involved in miscues.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    You know you have a pretty good RB corps when Regis is not your 1st or 2nd option at that position.
    With his touches, I wonder if he was a little nicked up and we are trying to save him, or maybe game plan was to attack the edges more with Calais and Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That’s a very common and successful play. You don’t like the call, I get that. The only problem was a petrified QB who already had been involved in miscues.
    I remember the defense had multiple defenders in the back field before he threw it though. It looked like bad execution all around

forgive if the debate of whether lewis is a good qb or not is over, however, since i cant find an stories on secSPN this morning that dont involve bo nix being greater than Jesus i thought a comparison was in order

Nix: 13 of 31 passing (42%) Lewis 24 of 39 (62pct). edge lewis
    nix 177 yards, Lewis 267"......................................edge lewis
    TDs 2 each (but nix had two passing)".....................edge nix
    int 2 each (one of nix’s looked exact same play as lewis
    first one but nix was heading towards end zone.................edge lewis
    rushing: nix more yards but lewis has the td "..................tie
    more points leading the offense......................................edge lewis
    intangible : one piled up these stats against the best SEC defense last year the other against a horrible defense of the pac 12
    so overall edge .....LEWIS

p.s. no sec team scored more than 28 points against miss st or had more than 360 yards last yr we had over 400

Miss St lost a lot of talent from last year's defense to the NFL. I doubt this year's version will be close to last year's. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    forgive if the debate of whether lewis is a good qb or not is over, however, since i cant find an stories on secSPN this morning that dont involve bo nix being greater than Jesus i thought a comparison was in order

int 2 each (one of nix's looked exact same play as lewis
    intangible : one piled up these stats against the best SEC defense last year the other against a horrible defense of the pac 12

p.s. no sec team scored more than 28 points against miss st or had more than 360 yards last yr we had over 400
    You can't compare scores from last year to this year. Yesterday, we basically played against Miss St's second string D and from last season on a neutral field.

I wake up this morning thinking we have a hard nosed group of players who play to the final whistle. We still do not have difference makers on the defensive side of the ball or at QB, but all of those position groups look like they are better than last year.
    First the positives...the OL is much improved and looks to be a strength. They opened some nice lanes to run through against talented players. As expected the RB and WR group have playmakers. They will be fun to watch. Lewis is better than last year. He does not have a strong arm, but he made several great plays with his feet to extend drives. I like that he continued to look downfield as plays broke down. The secondary was not awful so that is a huge improvement.

The negatives...because of our lack of speed and athleticism on the edge, it will be difficult to generate a consistent pass rush. I think this weakness will also make us susceptible to quick RB’s bouncing plays outside. The punter is bad.
    All in all I came away pleased. We are not a very talented team on the defensive side of the ball, but our guys continued to play together and put on some hard licks when they got the chance. MSU is probably pretty sore this morning. If we play like this and limit turnovers we will be vying for a SBC title.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post

int 2 each (one of nix's looked exact same play as lewis

Are you comparing an 18 year old true freshman to a three year player? I would have also mentioned in the intangible section the very clutch comeback and poise by nix on that last drive. Not to mention Nix actually got a W. Do you believe that auburn wins with Lewis? What are they going to do jet sweep Oregon to death?Seems like a shoddy comparison, give me bo nix all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I wake up this morning thinking we have a hard nosed group of players who play to the final whistle. We still do not have difference makers on the defensive side of the ball or at QB, but all of those position groups look like they are better than last year.
    First the positives...the OL is much improved and looks to be a strength. They opened some nice lanes to run through against talented players. As expected the RB and WR group have playmakers. They will be fun to watch. Lewis is better than last year. He does not have a strong arm, but he made several great plays with his feet to extend drives. I like that he continued to look downfield as plays broke down. The secondary was not awful so that is a huge improvement.

The negatives...because of our lack of speed and athleticism on the edge, it will be difficult to generate a consistent pass rush. I think this weakness will also make us susceptible to quick RB’s bouncing plays outside. The punter is bad.
    All in all I came away pleased. We are not a very talented team on the defensive side of the ball, but our guys continued to play together and put on some hard licks when they got the chance. MSU is probably pretty sore this morning. If we play like this and limit turnovers we will be vying for a SBC title.
    Good analysis.

One thing we've got to remember is how late Napier was hired. That first signing class was a last minute salvage job. I think that is the reason we are seeing The current QB situation and the deficiencies still in place at certain positions.

Not making excuses. Just saying we should see the big picture, but keep expecting better decision making from players and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjun08 View Post
    Are you comparing an 18 year old true freshman to a three year player? I would have also mentioned in the intangible section the very clutch comeback and poise by nix on that last drive. Not to mention Nix actually got a W. Do you believe that auburn wins with Lewis? What are they going to do jet sweep Oregon to death?Seems like a shoddy comparison, give me bo nix all day.
    interesting, good take.
    on a separate note:
    prior to this week though i was wondering, since so many are enrolling in jan and have the extra spring practices when does the definition of "true" freshman start to change. how do you differentiate a jan enrollee from an august and call both true freshman? granted has nothing to do with levi convo.

would also be interesting to see responses just based on the data and ignoring the name of poster, lol.
    i rarely remember who posts what even though my name is more memorable, i judge the post on its own....have a great labor day all!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Maybe give LL a chance next week before we shotcan him.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information