Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G1: Louisiana 28, Miss. State 38

Interesting stat -

We had 27 first downs today, Miss St. had 29

Last year they had 29 first downs and we had 13

We have a well coached team. I didn’t see many offsides, holds, miffed handoffs etc.thought we played a pretty clean game against a very tough opponent.

Each team had just 5 penalties.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Interesting stat -

We had 27 first downs today, Miss St. had 29

Last year they had 29 first downs and we had 13
    You mean to tell us we got 27 first downs after 5 TO’s with that QB against an SEC defense and officiating crew?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You mean to tell us we got 27 first downs after 5 TO’s with that QB against an SEC defense and officiating crew?
    Crazy huh, Imagine if Jake Delhomme was playing! We would have won by 30 easy.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    And that's the operative word. We competed and now playing the what if game. Better QB play would have been a game changer but this game is done. On to Liberty.

Don’t forget they had several starters out due to ncaa violations. We actually don’t know how much they might have changed things. Probably gotten that first missed field goal.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by Kjun08 View Post
    On another note, anyone hear reported attendance?
    22,440, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don’t forget they had several starters out due to ncaa violations. We actually don’t know how much they might have changed things. Probably gotten that first missed field goal.
    They only had 3 starters out, two on defense and the kicker. The rest were back ups.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Yeah, like, I know Lewis got off to a particularly rough start, but as the game went on he got better, and he generally made good decisions. Some people are acting like he went Van Cleave and threw 6 picks or something. I'm still interested to know what else we have at the position because I want every possible upgrade we can get, but he played well enough for me to believe he can win us some games in the conference at least.
    Three turnovers is pretty bad, especially for a third year player whose had significant playing time in his first two seasons. Naturally we’re all pulling for him, but he looked a lot like the player I saw the first two seasons.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Don't forget they had several starters out due to ncaa violations. We actually don't know how much they might have changed things. Probably gotten that first missed field goal.
    Don't forget we had a few starters that were out also. I guess that doesn't count.

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    They only had 3 starters out, two on defense and the kicker. The rest were back ups.
    Which 3 starters and kicker and backups you’d think was not important to UL?

Which 3 starters and kicker and backups you’d think was not important to UL?
    I honestly think that even if the defense had the two starters, we still would have been able to move the ball. Their defense isn’t nearly as good as it was last year. They lost 9 on defense to graduation and 3 or 4 of those made it to the NFL. The fact that we were able to put up 28 on an SEC defense despite the turnovers is a good thing. Had they not have fumbled the ball on their in the first quarter, the game would have been further out of reach for the Cajuns.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Brian was a freak of nature. To play like he did for 4 years and not be seriously injured, defied physics.

Desmo was an awesome option QB, who got injured, and so would Levi if he ran as much as he should to maximize his potential.

With our running game, our QB should be proficient at one thing, getting the ball downfield.
    On his first interception he could have run and did the safety slide. He just didn’t see that the receiver wasn’t really open. So QB position can run a lot more with the current rules.

Our OL and their OL controlled the LOS all game.

13. UL Football Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Miss. State

Don't forget we had a few starters that were out also. I guess that doesn't count.
    You're right injured and not playing has the same results as cheating and not playing. One is something every team battles the other is self inflicted.

Last I checked self inflicted issues are a lot like errors in baseball.

Lots of factors other than QB play contributed to the loss. Poor play calling a couple of times, critical officiating misses, getting burnt over the top early caused us to play back on defense opening up the middle . . . All of these can realistically improve going forward.

All in all, I saw plenty potential from this game, even at QB and believe we have a fighting chance to put up a W in every game remaining on our schedule. Will we do that, probably not. But with what I saw, we can't be counted out of any remaining games on our schedule.

That is a positive we did not see last year until much later in the season.
    this is 100% true, including fumbles by the RB.however the truth dosent line up with some peoples agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Nunez would have won that game. We didn’t need a great QB today average would have won
    Didn’t Nunez play last year and we lost 56 to 14 or something like that.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 . LastLast

Thread Information